Who is the best player you have ever played WITH or AGAINST

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Fri May 25, 2007 1:56 pm

Victor Moses is 'the next big thing', mark my words. Starred in the recent under 17 euro's in Belgium. Unreal. What a talent.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri May 25, 2007 2:00 pm

Daxter wrote:Victor Moses is 'the next big thing', mark my words. Starred in the recent under 17 euro's in Belgium. Unreal. What a talent.
Some might say he's something of a miracle

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 25, 2007 3:31 pm

Daxter wrote:Victor Moses is 'the next big thing', mark my words. Starred in the recent under 17 euro's in Belgium. Unreal. What a talent.
Did you play with him or against him? :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Fri May 25, 2007 4:13 pm

Against him and he ripped us to shreds. 10 goals, all individual goals. Our 'manager' sent some big lummox on and told him to give him a 'tap' and he couldn't get near him.

I could seriously seriously see him going on to become a great world talent.

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Fri May 25, 2007 5:17 pm

As a 13/14 year old we used to play footy after school on Turton High School all weather pitch. We were regularly joined by a couple of kids who ran ringa around us, Gary and David Flitcroft.

I also used to work at Smithills Comp when Ronnie Irani was there. He was very good at all sports but a reet cocky git.
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

Gidong
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gidong » Fri May 25, 2007 5:36 pm

Their Dad was an excellent local footy player........ Johnny "Flicka"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri May 25, 2007 7:12 pm

boltonboris wrote:
He's a basket case !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 25, 2007 8:12 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
He's a basket case !
I've heard that he rushes his game!
May the bridges I burn light your way

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Fri May 25, 2007 8:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
He's a basket case !
Keep on taking the tablets.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 25, 2007 8:19 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
He's a basket case !
Am I reeding this right? Last I heard of this guy he was floating down the river. Is real height a consideration here?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Quayley
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Quayley » Fri May 25, 2007 10:58 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:
sluffy wrote:Des Drummond - Rugby League player - captain of Great Britain (I think) and runner up in the 1983 final of BBC's Sports Superstars!!!

I taught him everything he knew!!
:pray: :pray: :pray:
boltonboris wrote:Played football against a Lad called Stephen Schumacher, who at the time was at Everton and England u16's, I was on trial with Yoonited and he made me a laughing stock, He's at Bradford now, which I was amazed at, I though he was destined for greatness
Got a mate who is a die-hard Bradford fan, and it's fair to say that Schumacher isn't exactly their most popular player after he allegedly 'gave the V' to his own fans when they got relegated at Chesterfield!

As far the confines of the playground are concerned, I've played against Mickey Tonge (Sheff Utd) and Michael Lea (Man Utd Reserves Player of the Year this year) on countless occasions, but in terms of an organised game, the best player I've played against (and indeed alongside a couple of times) is probably Luke Joyce, a midfielder who was previously at Wigan but is currently playing at Carlisle.

At school I played in a pretty successful rugby team so played alongside Darryl Kay (Leigh Centurions), Adrian Dootson (Salford), Mark Hobson (Salford) though the best player was probably Andy Bracek, who is now playing Super League on a semi-regular basis for Warrington. I played against Joel Tomkins (Wigan) on a good few occasions but he was never particularly impressive at that time, can only assume he improved a lot once he'd joined Wigan's Academy really.
Luke Joyce is my mates cousin, good player and played in the FA cup for Wigan. Shame they released him, but hes at Carlilse now so at least he is still going.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sat May 26, 2007 9:34 am

Gidong wrote:Their Dad was an excellent local footy player........ Johnny "Flicka"
I played against Flicka (and with him for a couple of seasons) many times in Bolton leagues. He was about ten years older than me. Great player - and he looked more like Rod Stewart than Rod Stewart!
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat May 26, 2007 4:54 pm

Tony Kelly, David Lee, Mike Whitlow, Nicky Spooner, Peter Nicholson and Super John.

Faced Ronnie Irani and West Indian "quickie" Vasbert Drakes at cricket.

David Norwood at Chess.

Diddums
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Diddums » Thu May 31, 2007 2:36 pm

My ex best mate, is the son of Jimmy Phillips, he once took us to Euxton. Had shots at Jussi and played one bounce with Frandsen. This was on a Friday(not sure how long ago, 4/5 years?). We were playing Chelsea next day and N'gotty was an injury doubt, so he was supposed to be watching the first team train incase he could make it but instead he was there watching the reserves. :D. Also had lunch with Jay Jay.