Glastonbury

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:53 pm

Not any more, he's a deadbeat (a mod)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:28 pm

Batman wrote:Don't they use the free papers as bog roll?

I wouldn't write about anything too deep, about 5 pages of A4 should do it
16 pages of absorbent A3 per day. Mind the full-page pictures though, they'll be inky.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:30 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I was at Phoenix Festival in around 1997. As a corporate sponsor (I know, I know :oops: ) I was camped in the VIP area, and it was still the closest that I've ever come to absolute, unbridled squalor.
Did VIP at the V festival a few times round the turn of the century. I can vouch for much the same. In some ways I think VIPs treat the facilities worse. Not that I'm accusing you, mind...

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:36 pm

Enjoy :) Glasto is definitely one thing ive got pinpointed for the upcoming years. Went to Leeds last year and I'm going this year. Would be good to compare.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Marshall
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Marshall » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:46 pm

Verbal wrote:Enjoy :) Glasto is definitely one thing ive got pinpointed for the upcoming years. Went to Leeds last year and I'm going this year. Would be good to compare.
Yeah I'm going to Glasto and Leeds this year, I'm thinking Glastonbury will be better at the moment.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:00 pm

Marshall wrote:
Verbal wrote:Enjoy :) Glasto is definitely one thing ive got pinpointed for the upcoming years. Went to Leeds last year and I'm going this year. Would be good to compare.
Yeah I'm going to Glasto and Leeds this year, I'm thinking Glastonbury will be better at the moment.
Hmm im a bit twixt and between at the minute. The John Peel tent on friday does look amazing, but most of the bands i want to see at glasto are playing at leeds (arcade fire, cribs, bloc party etc.). The only band im gutted are playng glasto and not leeds are Los Campesinos! :(

i guess atleast Leeds has the Carling tent which is looking class!
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:50 am

Dr Hotdog wrote:Yeah, my one and only ever Glasto was in 2003 and was undoubtedly the best festival line-up i've ever seen on these shores in my lifetime. Yes, Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Mogwai, Doves, Grandaddy, Nada Surf, Flaming Lips, the Streets, REM.
I went then - did you see the UFO during Radiohead???

oh and ........Pigeon on a stick!!!!!

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:46 am

Sadly not, all I remember from Radiohead were the idiots around me singing along, drowning out the band - especially Karma Police. :(

I can't believe that was four years ago, where does the time go?

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:00 am

communistworkethic wrote:I went then - did you see the UFO during Radiohead???

oh and ........Pigeon on a stick!!!!!
I was there too. I didn't see a UFO during Radiohead. Sure you hadn't eaten too many space cakes?

Best memory of that weekend is sitting in the glorious sunshine getting stoned whilst watching Jimmy Cliff on the Pyramid Stage.

The pigeon on the stick is there every year.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:28 am

did you see Pigeon vs Hulk though??

The UFO was real, we'd done no drugs at all...... at that point. Seriously, there were a series of lights that came over the field, hovvered above the crowd then moved off quite quickly before a miltary jet then came whizzing overhead.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:06 pm

I've never really considered actually going to Glasto, always so much easier to just switch on BBC3 and get pissed in the comfort of my living room.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:31 pm

I met the daughter of Steve Gibbons, of Steve Gibbons Band fame, today. She gets to go see her dad play Glasto for nowt Friday, and that's it.

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:52 am

communistworkethic wrote:did you see Pigeon vs Hulk though??

The UFO was real, we'd done no drugs at all...... at that point. Seriously, there were a series of lights that came over the field, hovvered above the crowd then moved off quite quickly before a miltary jet then came whizzing overhead.
Sorry, but bullshit.
The number of cameras in that field, yet not one of them captured this 'series of lights'?!? Plus, I was there, and I didn't see anything or hear anyone talking about it.
Sounds like an acid flashback to me. :wink:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:24 am

Lennon wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:did you see Pigeon vs Hulk though??

Sorry, but bullshit.
The number of cameras in that field, yet not one of them captured this 'series of lights'?!? Plus, I was there, and I didn't see anything or hear anyone talking about it.
Sounds like an acid flashback to me. :wink:
sorry but you're a cock.

I don't do drugs, drugs are for losers, why be a loser when you can be a winner?

Lots of people saw it including my equally non-drug addled mate next to me.

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:44 am

communistworkethic wrote:sorry but you're a cock.

I don't do drugs, drugs are for losers, why be a loser when you can be a winner?

Lots of people saw it including my equally non-drug addled mate next to me.
Right, so all your musical heroes are losers then. :roll:

You and your mate saw it, and despite 100,000 other people being in the same place at the same time, nobody else recollects it, and there are no photographs. Makes pure sense.

Edit: Wait, I take it all back!!! :shock:
http://www.surefunk.com/sureforum/images/Glasto-ufo.jpg

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:58 am

Kylie doesn't do drugs

anyway whatever, lots of people saw them, just because you didn't doesn't mean they didn't happen.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:05 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:Yeah, my one and only ever Glasto was in 2003 and was undoubtedly the best festival line-up i've ever seen on these shores in my lifetime. Yes, Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Mogwai, Doves, Grandaddy, Nada Surf, Flaming Lips, the Streets, REM.
What ??? No Free, Tull, ELP, Zepplin, Stones, Purple, Mountain, Trower, Wishbone Ash, Supertramp, Clapton, Atomic Rooster, Curved Air ... ???

Call that a festival ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:09 pm

I know!
I can't beleive that Jimi Hendrix didn't do the Isle of Wight again this year either.
Businesswoman of the year.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:11 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:I know!
I can't beleive that Jimi Hendrix didn't do the Isle of Wight again this year either.
Yep, with Rory Gallagher.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:27 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
What ??? No Free, Tull, ELP, Zepplin, Stones, Purple, Mountain, Trower, Wishbone Ash, Supertramp, Clapton, Atomic Rooster, Curved Air ... ???

Call that a festival ?
I'm only 23.

Of those on that list i'd only want to see Zep, Purple and Mountain. I'd have loved to have seen King Crimson in 74 with Bruford and Wetton doing Red but alas I wasn't born.