Terrorist Alert

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Terrorist Alert

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:22 am

Just thought I'd share this, as its annoying me as I'm pretty busy, and I'm leaving the current company ion 3 weeks but, I'm having to go on terrorist training with work today??!!!

:conf:

Now I could understand if I was in the army or police or any other of the emergency services, but I'm a bleedin' accountant for a health insurer, I could probably count any terrorists, or perhaps bore them to death with the in's and outs of UKGAAP or SORPS 2005, but come on!!

We're getting taken to a secret "bunker" (we're not alllowed to know where it is and have to get a coash - not certain if we are being blindfolded half way there yet though, but rumour has it its in Warrington) to make sure that the company can continue to operate come arrmagedeon, its a bleeding insurance company if arrmeagedeon hits we'll be bankrupt anyhow!!

Anyone else had to do anything like this? Anyone know the point in it?

I'd sort of hoped that if terrorists attacked Salford Quays they'd ignore BUPA and hit the Scum, or if they did hit BUPA we'd be allowed home for the afternoon, not shipped to a "bunker" to carry on work!
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Spaced
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Terrorist Alert

Post by Spaced » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:27 am

David Lee's Hair wrote:Just thought I'd share this, as its annoying me as I'm pretty busy, and I'm leaving the current company ion 3 weeks but, I'm having to go on terrorist training with work today??!!!

:conf:

Now I could understand if I was in the army or police or any other of the emergency services, but I'm a bleedin' accountant for a health insurer, I could probably count any terrorists, or perhaps bore them to death with the in's and outs of UKGAAP or SORPS 2005, but come on!!

We're getting taken to a secret "bunker" (we're not alllowed to know where it is and have to get a coash - not certain if we are being blindfolded half way there yet though, but rumour has it its in Warrington) to make sure that the company can continue to operate come arrmagedeon, its a bleeding insurance company if arrmeagedeon hits we'll be bankrupt anyhow!!

Anyone else had to do anything like this? Anyone know the point in it?

I'd sort of hoped that if terrorists attacked Salford Quays they'd ignore BUPA and hit the Scum, or if they did hit BUPA we'd be allowed home for the afternoon, not shipped to a "bunker" to carry on work!
My brother works for BUPA at Salford Quays too... not heard him say anything about this...but then again he's just moved out and i havent spoken to him recently!
"It's a subtle blend of lateral thinking and extreme violence."

"What, like It's A Knockout?"

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:29 am

Unfortunately its a selected few
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Spaced
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Spaced » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:30 am

David Lee's Hair wrote:Unfortunately its a selected few
he's a programming geek...so doubt he's one of the few!
"It's a subtle blend of lateral thinking and extreme violence."

"What, like It's A Knockout?"

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:35 am

When I was at school I worked in the Disney Store in Chester, and I was trained how to deal with a terrorist phone call. :crazy:
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Terrorist Alert

Post by fatshaft » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:42 am

David Lee's Hair wrote:(we're not alllowed to know where it is and have to get a coash - not certain if we are being blindfolded half way there yet though, but rumour has it its in Warrington) !
I believe we do have such an establishment. You see, Warrington aint so bad eh? :mrgreen:

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:44 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:When I was at school I worked in the Disney Store in Chester, and I was trained how to deal with a terrorist phone call. :crazy:
Fantastic! "Unless you release all your captive Mickey Mouses, we will behead the Donald Duck we bought last week."
What would you do? Go on - you got the training, use it....
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

ifeelgoodiknewiwould
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ifeelgoodiknewiwould » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:47 am

It's the price you pay
Last edited by ifeelgoodiknewiwould on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:56 am

major companies have to do this sort of this for a number of reasons, not least insurance. They also have to be able to demonstarte th Business Continuity Plans for Auditors who validate their accounts as a "going concern" without BCP their risk profile increaes and teh liklihood investors will want to put their money in reduces - shre prices fall

And mummy, you'd be surprised how many stores like that get bomb threats, it's not just the store that's targetted it's the area they are in.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:12 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
And mummy, you'd be surprised how many stores like that get bomb threats, it's not just the store that's targetted it's the area they are in.
No, I know it's not unheard of. :D
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:58 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:When I was at school I worked in the Disney Store in Chester, and I was trained how to deal with a terrorist phone call. :crazy:
Yeah, but what else do you expect from a Mickey Mouse outfit like that?

ifeelgoodiknewiwould
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ifeelgoodiknewiwould » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:58 pm

When you think
Last edited by ifeelgoodiknewiwould on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:03 pm

ifeelgoodiknewiwould wrote:When you think about it though - who needs health insurance cover more than your average terrorist? I'd have thought they'd be dropping in your place nearly every minute of the day.
that's life assurance they need
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:36 pm

Puskas wrote:
Fantastic! "Unless you release all your captive Mickey Mouses, we will behead the Donald Duck we bought last week."
What would you do? Go on - you got the training, use it....
You notice a bomb ticking ... you try & throw it away but it sticks to your hand ... you stretch your arm to an infeasible 20 yards long & shake the bomb loose. It lands on a passing Roadrunner which brings it back to you.

You notice it ... just as it goes "Kerboom" ... you are left blackened & smoking.

What's to learn ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:11 pm

bobo the clown wrote:You notice a bomb ticking ... you try & throw it away but it sticks to your hand ... you stretch your arm to an infeasible 20 yards long & shake the bomb loose. It lands on a passing Roadrunner which brings it back to you.

You notice it ... just as it goes "Kerboom" ... you are left blackened & smoking.

What's to learn ??
Are these some sort of Warner Bros seperatists? Roadrunner wasn't Disney :D