Honest Wanderers Fans

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:54 pm

You could at least have waited to see if anyone came back for it just for a laugh. If it was someone in a City shirt say.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:00 pm

blurred wrote:Had my own touch of luck with money today - walked up to a cashpoint at lunch and saw £20 there waiting for me to collect. Lovely. Can't beat free money! :)
except it's not.

Firstly it wasn't yours and it was in the machine, so it's theft. Secondly, unless the ATM is fitted with a camera that person will not get their money back off the bank, as it will register as a completed transaction carried out by them.

had you not stolen it, the machine would have taken the money back and recredited the account. It's owner was traceable, unlike a £20 note floating about the street.

For all you know that was some pensioners last £20 to survive the week on.

Is it any wonder this country is becoming a haven for chavs and scalles when those who are supposed to be upstanding members of the community think theft is ok?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:08 pm

blurred wrote:Had my own touch of luck with money today - walked up to a cashpoint at lunch and saw £20 there waiting for me to collect. Lovely. Can't beat free money! :)
must. resist. stereotyping.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:09 pm

Do you have that on good authority that the bank re-credits the account should the machine suck it back up?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:15 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:Do you have that on good authority that the bank re-credits the account should the machine suck it back up?
very - think about who sponsored the golf day

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:19 pm

For all you know that was some pensioners last £20 to survive the week on.

Until she got home and lifted the carpet of course.

My personal view on this is if I found any thing valuable I'd hand it in.

If no-one claims it you get to keep it if someone does claim it you get to feel warm inside.

Bearing in mind my proviso above.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:37 pm

Aye I thought about that when I asked, which is why I asked.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:36 pm

coffeymagic wrote:Now if that was me I'd hang around and see if the person came back.

I'd like to think if I was daft enough to do this then someone would do it for me.
Well I did - walking down Bold Street I noticed that the cashpoint was free, thinking 'great, I don't have to queue' (as is oft the case in Liverpool of a lunch-hour) and this was sat there on the machine. I completed my transaction and waited around (my girlfriend was chatting to some random person I didn't know). Nobody returned to the cashpoint/bank.

For all I know it was some error in the cashpoint - aren't they designed to suck the money back in after 10/15 seconds or something if it's not taken? There'd been nobody at this cashpoint for a good 30 seconds before I got there, yet the money was still there.

As for all this 'some granny's last £20' bollocks, that's all it is - bollocks. I'm sure this hypothetical old dear is a lot less profligate with her money than to request her last and vital £20 from a cashpoint and then walk away without taking it.

And since when was I an upstanding member of the community, anyway? :D

Leonard
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Leonard » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:44 pm

blurred wrote:
coffeymagic wrote:Now if that was me I'd hang around and see if the person came back.

I'd like to think if I was daft enough to do this then someone would do it for me.
Well I did - walking down Bold Street I noticed that the cashpoint was free, thinking 'great, I don't have to queue' (as is oft the case in Liverpool of a lunch-hour) and this was sat there on the machine. I completed my transaction and waited around (my girlfriend was chatting to some random person I didn't know). Nobody returned to the cashpoint/bank.

For all I know it was some error in the cashpoint - aren't they designed to suck the money back in after 10/15 seconds or something if it's not taken? There'd been nobody at this cashpoint for a good 30 seconds before I got there, yet the money was still there.

As for all this 'some granny's last £20' bollocks, that's all it is - bollocks. I'm sure this hypothetical old dear is a lot less profligate with her money than to request her last and vital £20 from a cashpoint and then walk away without taking it.

True story. Found a tenner on the floor in Tesco's and went to hand it in. When I got there, there was an old dear in a right state because she couldn't pay for her shopping and this was pretty much all she had left to last her the week. To see her face when Ihanded it to her....

A couple of months later, found another £20 on the floor and decided to keep it as I was a pit skint and needed to put some petrol in the car. Pocketed the cash and drove to the petrol station. Pulled onto the forcourt and some twonk in a van broadsided me.

That's Karma for you - just ask Earl!
Lenny's Trusty Trolley - Unofficially sponsored by www.physioroom.com

AND.... Neville's Barbers on Church Road!!!

AND NOW... Mich's Beefy Burgers!!!

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:50 pm

Haha, instant karma eh? I'm certainly in no moral quandary over this - I do my fair share of good turns and fortune smiled on me in this case. There have been other times when it has taken a rhino-sized shit on me too, so I take the rough with the smooth.

It's been put to a good cause, anyway - going towards buying a birthday present and some grub for my mate who's coming round tonight with her kid (along with a bunch of other reporobate friends of ours) who I shall be feeding in a surprise party sort of style.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:00 pm

blurred wrote:Haha, instant karma eh? I'm certainly in no moral quandary over this - I do my fair share of good turns and fortune smiled on me in this case. There have been other times when it has taken a rhino-sized shit on me too, so I take the rough with the smooth.

It's been put to a good cause, anyway - going towards buying a birthday present and some grub for my mate who's coming round tonight with her kid (along with a bunch of other reporobate friends of ours) who I shall be feeding in a surprise party sort of style.
helping out an unmarried mother, very scouse of you

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:15 pm

coffeymagic wrote:
My sister-in-law's parents dropped £86,000 on the lottery. They haven't spent a penny of it now he's had to go into a hmoe with Alzheimers.
Derr nerrrr! :wink:
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:11 pm

blurred wrote: [
What's the thread title again? Since you ain't honest and definitely not a Wanderers fan, I guess that absolves you. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:47 am

communistworkethic wrote:helping out an unmarried mother, very scouse of you
And I said she was unmarried where?

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:55 am

You see that picture of Suranne Jones (commieworkethic) she has got a mighty fine pair of lungs on here but she doesn't really do 'sulty' does she? I believe the word we're looking for is 'Glakeit'

Still.....

twitter @thetonycoffey

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:06 am

coffeymagic wrote:You see that picture of Suranne Jones (commieworkethic) she has got a mighty fine pair of lungs on here but she doesn't really do 'sulty' does she? I believe the word we're looking for is 'Glakeit'

Still.....
:conf:

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:07 am

Sultry.

twitter @thetonycoffey

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:10 am

And the other one?

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:16 am

I'm not too sure on the spelling but it means, 'ow do you say...'gormless'?

Not stupid but like there's no one at home.

twitter @thetonycoffey

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:26 am

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
coffeymagic wrote:You see that picture of Suranne Jones (commieworkethic) she has got a mighty fine pair of lungs on here but she doesn't really do 'sulty' does she? I believe the word we're looking for is 'Glakeit'

Still.....
:conf:
Glaikit. - foolish or giddy, scots slang.

"yer no as glaikit as yer poodin like"