Yob "problem"

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

cal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Yob "problem"

Post by cal » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:07 pm

Umm I see on BBC News they're interviewing the landlord of the Last Orders pub about the yobs and that for national tv.

random i know, discuss problem.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Yob "problem"

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:14 pm

cal wrote:Umm I see on BBC News they're interviewing the landlord of the Last Orders pub about the yobs.
Is that round 'ere?

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Yob "problem"

Post by jmjhb » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:05 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
cal wrote:Umm I see on BBC News they're interviewing the landlord of the Last Orders pub about the yobs.
Is that round 'ere?
Yeah, it's on Bradshawgate...

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:53 pm

String the Feckin lot of em up by the Feckin B0ll0cks.
Dont give me all the "broken home" rubbish, 50 years ago youths had nothing but didnt go round beating strangers up for the fun of it.
These days the Feckin scum will knife you to death on a whim.
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:59 pm

And last night two kids got knifed on Plodder Lane, Farnworth. One's dead, 16 years old,the other serious in hospital. When will the madness end?
Last edited by TANGODANCER on Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:31 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:And last night two kids got knifed on Bradford Road, Farnworth. One's dead, 16 years old,the other serious in hospital. When will the madness end?
In Farnworth? I doubt that it will, fella. Where to from here? :conf:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:And last night two kids got knifed on Plodder Lane, Farnworth. One's dead, 16 years old,the other serious in hospital. When will the madness end?
In Farnworth? I doubt that it will, fella. Where to from here? :conf:
Sorry for the error Bruce, it was Plodder Lane. I passed the spot this afternoon but also tried to go down Bradford Road which was closed off for what looked a horrific car smash. One car was underneath a road light pole and both looked like something out of a bad stock car pile up. World's going mad.

finlayson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by finlayson » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:42 pm

I've just been up Bradford Road and it was a bus stop sign that has been flattened, thank god there was no one waiting for a bus at the time of the accident.

As you can't turn right down Plodder Lane due to the road works I had to go up Highfield Road, it was crawling with OB, a loads of groups of lads hanging about. I hope revenge isn't in the air?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:48 pm

No need to ever apologise to me, Tango.

This is the BEN line on the 16 year old boy. 16? fecking 16? It's absolutely horrific. Yet once again, and surely, as with the Asian boy that that got stabbed to death outside a take-away on Bradshawgate and the boy from Kearsley that was stabbed to death in the Post Office in Farnworth, the perpetrator will have clearly set out armed with a knife.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/bol ... tabbed.php

:EDIT:

Here you go. Here's the telegraph pole jobbie.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/bol ... _close.php

Moral Eclipse
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Moral Eclipse » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:57 pm

^^The lad that was stabbed to death at The Post Office earlier this year was my cousin. I know the best mate of that Asian victim as well and he's gutted about the length of time the killer has got.

Things are terrible at the moment. My uncle was asked for his money by some youths this morning but somehow he managed to ward them off. I suggest solitary confinement for a week for any youth causing serious trouble. We need some sort of deterrent.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:No need to ever apologise to me, Tango.

This is the BEN line on the 16 year old boy. 16? fecking 16? It's absolutely horrific. Yet once again, and surely, as with the Asian boy that that got stabbed to death outside a take-away on Bradshawgate and the boy from Kearsley that was stabbed to death in the Post Office in Farnworth the perpetrator has clearly set out armed with a knife.

Aye, and if you'd swung a giant magnet over Farnworth centre last night you'd probably have got yourself an armoury of the fecking things. It's "respect" don't you know. Give anybody carrying one, or worse a gun, an automatic ten years just for having it and they'd soon stop. Ten years that is, not two and a review. One day the law will wake up and realise the streets are no different now than from when footpads roamed them. Evolution, huh!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:03 pm

Amazed ( and relieved) no one was injured in the smash. Two of the cars were a right mess and there were three ambulances on site when we passed.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:04 pm

Cue somebody telling me I'm talking shite, but 16 year old and out at 11 o'clock

Not in my day

Not in my house anyroad
Sto ut Serviam

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:10 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Cue somebody telling me I'm talking shite, but 16 year old and out at 11 o'clock

Not in my day
Nor so much in my youth Caps. But I've worked on security and seen thirteen and fourteen year olds out at three and four in the morning. A lot of kids rule their parent today, not the other way round as it's supposed to be. Then again, take me to task and I'll inform Childline.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:19 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Cue somebody telling me I'm talking shite, but 16 year old and out at 11 o'clock

Not in my day

Not in my house anyroad
Bollocks. You're pretty much the same age as me. Had you not appeared in The Lower Nag's Head or The Golden Lion (Brass Cat) at that point? Or least of all, don't tell me that you hadn't got wrecked on the grounds of your old Primary School drinking cider? :shock:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Not in my day

Not in my house anyroad
Bollocks. You're pretty much the same age as me. Had you not appeared in The Lower Nag's Head or The Golden Lion (Brass Cat) at that point? Or least of all, don't tell me that you hadn't got wrecked on the grounds of your old Primary School drinking cider? :shock:
Ah, happy days. Friday night at the Lower Nags was the centre of the world. :wink:

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:30 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Not in my day

Not in my house anyroad
Actually, I hadn't

Cricket Club had seen me under the influence, more than once, but I'd not have been knockin out around the fleshpots of town
Sto ut Serviam

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:35 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Not in my day

Not in my house anyroad
Actually, I hadn't

Cricket Club had seen me under the influence, more than once, but I'd not have been knockin out around the fleshpots of town
He can't hear you. He's gone down the chippy. :P

finlayson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by finlayson » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:45 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:No need to ever apologise to me, Tango.

This is the BEN line on the 16 year old boy. 16? fecking 16? It's absolutely horrific. Yet once again, and surely, as with the Asian boy that that got stabbed to death outside a take-away on Bradshawgate and the boy from Kearsley that was stabbed to death in the Post Office in Farnworth the perpetrator has clearly set out armed with a knife.

Aye, and if you'd swung a giant magnet over Farnworth centre last night you'd probably have got yourself an armoury of the fecking things. It's "respect" don't you know. Give anybody carrying one, or worse a gun, an automatic ten years just for having it and they'd soon stop. Ten years that is, not two and a review. One day the law will wake up and realise the streets are no different now than from when footpads roamed them. Evolution, huh!
If we are going to make examples, the sentence has to be life, no parole, the only reason you need carry a gun or knife is to kill, they are not defensive weapons.
If the jails get full of kids who have been carrying knives, get them paraded round the Reebok at half time and then given a sound thrashing, much more entertaining than Amir Kahn doing golden gamble!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:38 pm

finlayson wrote:

If we are going to make examples, the sentence has to be life, no parole, the only reason you need carry a gun or knife is to kill, they are not defensive weapons.
If the jails get full of kids who have been carrying knives, get them paraded round the Reebok at half time and then given a sound thrashing, much more entertaining than Amir Kahn doing golden gamble!
Something drastic needs doing, that's for sure. I knew two people who got stabbed to death in my youth, so did most people because they were such isolated incidents they caused major outrage. That was over several years and was still two, too many. Today that can happen in an evening, as it did. Parents and the law have got to take back control or it will get worse. Control of kids starts soon after birth, not at fourteen yeares old. It's far too late by then. Sins of the fathers (and mothers) and all that.