Bolton cricket league thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

Bolton cricket league thread

Post by Batman » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:50 pm

Anyone play/go watching regularly?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bolton cricket league thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:48 pm

Batman wrote:Anyone play/go watching regularly?
I used to play for Eagley. Got to the point where I'd progressed from, initially, the U13's through to the Seconds via the U15's and the U18s. I one day realised that whilst I was stuck grazing away down at Third Man in the field and seventh in the batting order that all of my mates were out in town and I was stood on the boundary at Little Lever, away.
That was the end of it.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:15 pm

You really should have stayed, Bruce R - think of the money you'd have saved. :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:15 pm

I played for yonks in the Manchester Association - 17 years or so as a Senior - occasionally against BL sides in County Cup comps and friendlies etc. We did play against quite a few BL sides in U18's when I was a young un. Same situation with Bolton Association, played at most of the grounds over the years. I go watching local sides occasionally. Mainly Worsley, Roe Green and Swinton Moorside - not watched too much since my 4 yo was born. - and it's just not half as funny watching someone else trying to knock the head off unsuspecting batsmen.....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:05 pm

Dujon wrote:You really should have stayed, Bruce R - think of the money you'd have saved. :wink:
Money well spent, Dujon. Money well spent. :wink:

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Post by wovlad » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:30 pm

Watched Farnworth beat Westhoughton on Saturday. Cracking finish, one Farnworth six went clean over the clubhouse. Think England must have watched the cow yeds fielding, more dropped catches than you could shake a stick at. Most of the dollies.

First time I've watched a game at Westhoughton, used to watch my brother play for Bolton CC
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:38 pm

I used to play for Urmston juniors and gave up around about the same time I gave up membership at Davyhulme Gold Club - when I got a drumkit.

At the end of season awards for the Urmston Cricket Juniors I was presented with the Under 14s Most Improved Player trophy by a young Andrew Flintoff.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:56 pm

wovlad wrote: First time I've watched a game at Westhoughton, used to watch my brother play for Bolton CC
It could well be the last as well, as I believe that there's going to be a Sainsbury's on it soon!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:00 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:I used to play for Urmston juniors and gave up around about the same time I gave up membership at Davyhulme Gold Club - when I got a drumkit.

At the end of season awards for the Urmston Cricket Juniors I was presented with the Under 14s Most Improved Player trophy by a young Andrew Flintoff.
Urmston used to be a decent track - Lancs 2's used to play there once over....could be a bugger for bowlers though - was like a neatly pressed shirt front on occasion...

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:09 pm

Played for the Farnworth yoof team up until a few years ago. Managed to work my way (somehow) to under 18s, where I bowled 5 wides in one over. Career thus curtailed.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."