Just chillin

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:08 am

Been offline due to broadband palavas so only just getting to tryout these suggestions. Much thanks to everyone who has suggested stuff to try and sent you tube links. I'm feeling almost calm and zen-like.

I tried amongst others; Enigma, Pink Floyd, Leonard Cohen, Martin Taylor and Nina Simone
Who knew that there was music other than boybands ;)

I'm sorry Enfield, but I still like the Sissor Sisters Comfortably Numb
Nobody puts Baby in a corner

www.can-i-see.blogspot.com

Mansell Way
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mansell Way » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:33 am

TRy the album "By The Way" by Red Hot Chili Peppers, very relaxing I think :pray:

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:47 am

Ooooh the world is all just way too freaky...

When following up the recommendations from this I came across Jeff Buckley and this track...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AratTMGrHaQ

So I put it on my playlist, and then the other night (cos I'm into all things cultural) I was watching Ugly Betty on ch 4 (yes I know) and then Jim Robinson dies of his second heart attack, (an unlucky career path) and this song is played.

OK I know this isn't any kind of revelation but it shows there is a whole great pattern to this crazy universe.

Jeff Buckley died in May 1997 (or is still alive and this is wrong) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_buckley

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:52 am

Gertie wrote:Ooooh the world is all just way too freaky...

When following up the recommendations from this I came across Jeff Buckley and this track...

So I put it on my playlist, and then the other night (cos I'm into all things cultural) I was watching Ugly Betty on ch 4 (yes I know) and then Jim Robinson dies of his second heart attack, (an unlucky career path) and this song is played.

OK I know this isn't any kind of revelation but it shows there is a whole great pattern to this crazy universe.

Jeff Buckley died in May 1997 (or is still alive and this is wrong) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_buckley
I hate to burst the cosmic bubble, Gerts, but that track has been ubiquitous for quite some time now!

And yes, as far as I know Mr Buckley drowned in a weird accident in 1997 when he went for a quick dip wearing boots with steel toe caps or something.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:11 am

Gertie wrote:
He's dead??? Oh thanks for ruining it for me, I'm on catch up after missing that episode, I was only up to Betty and Henry being locked in Bradford's office by Wilhelmina and Marc. Hmmphh.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:27 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Gertie wrote:Ooooh the world is all just way too freaky...

I hate to burst the cosmic bubble, Gerts, but that track has been ubiquitous for quite some time now!

And yes, as far as I know Mr Buckley drowned in a weird accident in 1997 when he went for a quick dip wearing boots with steel toe caps or something.
True indeed Mummy, but it was the timing that was the bizarreness. I'd only finalised and made the playlist that very morning and then later on I was watching the episode and the song came on... out of all the songs in the whole wide world.... However, as I was remarking on this spookiness to my cousin she said, "oh yes the song from Shrek 3" so perhaps it's not the huge coincidence I'm making it out to be after all and the world is back to randomness once again.

Commie,

my huge apologies for mentioning the Jim Robinson part, however, you must have seen the bit where he collapses in the church and they play the Hallelujiah song??? I thought I would be safe mentioning Ugly Betty on a football forum, rather than the Mark Owen forum I frequent where it is discussed weekly ;)

Please accept my sincere apologisations from the bottom of my heart. (I've still not forgiven them for letting me believe that Santos has survived after he was shot... it was like that bit in sixth sense all over again, why did I not notice the clues?????)

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:39 pm

I saw him colapse but he was still alive when I left it - as Henry kept pointing out to Willie when they were after the will.

Oh I saw the office building where they work in NY too. Oh and Grace's from Will & Grace, and teh flat they use in Queer Eye. Hmm I think I watch too much Gay TV.....
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:59 pm

communistworkethic wrote:I saw him colapse but he was still alive when I left it - as Henry kept pointing out to Willie when they were after the will.

Oh I saw the office building where they work in NY too. Oh and Grace's from Will & Grace, and teh flat they use in Queer Eye. Hmm I think I watch too much Gay TV.....
Yes you do, but given your fondness for moisturiser and manicure I think you'll find the clues have been there all along.....erm......BOYFRIEND! :wink:

By the way, Gertie, two questions.

How long now?

What did you think of Pink Floyd?
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:22 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:By the way, Gertie, two questions.

How long now?

Just over a week now. I'm scared. Really, really scared :oops:

Thanks for the recommendation I tried out loads of their tracks, this seems the most appropriate at the mo, and my favourite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DXCHa9BYfE

I'm sorry to say that I'm still a fan of the scissor sisters. I did try my best, I really did :(

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:47 pm

Gertie wrote:

How long now?

Thanks for the recommendation I tried out loads of their tracks, this seems the most appropriate at the mo, and my favourite:

I'm sorry to say that I'm still a fan of the scissor sisters. I did try my best, I really did :(
Good luck. I hope everythings just dandy. Make sure you put the pile cushion in the fridge. :shock:

I'm not sure of the availability of Echoes online, but you won't go far wrong with 'Wish you were here' 8)

Another on just occurred to me, though. 'Albatross' by Fleetwood Mac. It's fantastically laid back. :)

Scissor Sisters hmmmm...... :whack:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Muse
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Muse » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:54 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:
Gertie wrote:

How long now?

Good luck. I hope everythings just dandy. Make sure you put the pile cushion in the fridge. :shock:

I'm not sure of the availability of Echoes online, but you won't go far wrong with 'Wish you were here' 8)

Another on just occurred to me, though. 'Albatross' by Fleetwood Mac. It's fantastically laid back. :)

Scissor Sisters hmmmm...... :whack:
If you like Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah (one of the best songs ever IMO) try another one of his songs - everybody here wants you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DwhPufa ... re=related

Also in terms of Pink Floyd Iv gone through 9 of there albums in the past 2 days whilst doing my coursework, very good for chillin out.

Edit - Just found this from a comment in the posted youtube link for Jeff Buckley fans http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/liveatmidnight/

runningonbravado
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by runningonbravado » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:25 am

Batman wrote:when i was at uni and suffering from a bout of troubled sleep i got into the habit of putting on 'Someday I'll be Saturday Night' by Bon Jovi on and I'd drop right off.
That's cos Bon Jovi are shit mate

Personally I'd go for Zero 7, Sigur Ros or an obscure band called Godspeed You! Black Emporer. Stunning beautiful music.

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:50 am

Took you long enough to catch onto that one