Glastonbury

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Marshall
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Marshall » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:50 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed watching Bruce Springsteen (alas, this year on telly), thought he and the E Street band were absolutely brilliant! And this is coming from someone who only knew Born in the USA prior to watching him. Needless to say he's constantly been on my Spotify since watching him.....

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:05 pm

FD wrote:Lets put it this way, I'd heard that Bruce does 3 hour gigs, but also that tickets for this tour were around £80.

I was disgusted at the price, it's extortion I thought.

Then I saw his Glasto performance, (twice now in fact) and I would pay that without even worrying.

It's not often (especially given todays modern "don't give a feck" musical attitude on stage) you see someone put that much into a performance, it's not often you hear a band that are that tight, that together (and yeah, time has something to do with it) but good lord, the moment it finished I wanted to go listen to his music again. Moreover though, he looked like he truly was loving every moment, just as everyone else watching, there or otherwise were.

I'm a muso myself (or, I was) having recorded 3 CDs worth of studio albums, and it's not often I get this gushing, this "blown away" feeling, buy by God Bruce blew me out of the water, and I know I'm not alone, at work everyone who'd seen it were saying how they had their mouths agape watching this incredible performance.

He did break curfew though, which was an awesome moment between him and his guitarist :

"It's curfew time!!"
..."What?"
"ITS CURFEW TIME!!"
...."nah nah nah"
"I'm telling ya, ITS CURFEW TIME!!!"
...."F*CK THE CURFEW"

....a bit more music...then a pause, mid song...

"...what time is it" (says Bruce)
"I T S B O S S T I M E !!!" (says his guitarist)

ROCK!

Amazing, Amazing, Amazing.
Was it just me who thought this was incredibly cringeworthy much like his superbowl performance?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:18 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
FD wrote:Lets put it this way, I'd heard that Bruce does 3 hour gigs, but also that tickets for this tour were around £80.

Then I saw his Glasto performance, (twice now in fact) and I would pay that without even worrying.

It's not often (especially given todays modern "don't give a feck" musical attitude on stage) you see someone put that much into a performance, it's not often you hear a band that are that tight, that together (and yeah, time has something to do with it) but good lord, the moment it finished I wanted to go listen to his music again. Moreover though, he looked like he truly was loving every moment, just as everyone else watching, there or otherwise were.

I'm a muso myself (or, I was) having recorded 3 CDs worth of studio albums, and it's not often I get this gushing, this "blown away" feeling, buy by God Bruce blew me out of the water, and I know I'm not alone, at work everyone who'd seen it were saying how they had their mouths agape watching this incredible performance.

He did break curfew though, which was an awesome moment between him and his guitarist :

"It's curfew time!!"
..."What?"
"ITS CURFEW TIME!!"
...."nah nah nah"
...."F*CK THE CURFEW"

ROCK!

Was it just me who thought this was incredibly cringeworthy much like his superbowl performance?
Hmmm, cringeworthy....tough one.

In some ways it was but in others it was just Bruce living up to his rock'n'roll stereotype its just part of his act.

In the same way Oasis brothers swear and accentuate their Manc accents, Natasha Khan prances around the stage like she is a butterfly, Damon Albarn jumps around like he's on drugs etc etc.

All bands and performers have a stage act and persona. Bruce's is less offensive than many!

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:

"It's curfew time!!"
..."What?"
"ITS CURFEW TIME!!"
...."nah nah nah"
...."F*CK THE CURFEW"

ROCK!

Hmmm, cringeworthy....tough one.

In some ways it was but in others it was just Bruce living up to his rock'n'roll stereotype its just part of his act.

In the same way Oasis brothers swear and accentuate their Manc accents, Natasha Khan prances around the stage like she is a butterfly, Damon Albarn jumps around like he's on drugs etc etc.

All bands and performers have a stage act and persona. Bruce's is less offensive than many!
Fair enough. I guess I just dont like his.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:24 pm

I didn't cringe.

I didn't cringe when they shared a mic.

I do however cringe when I see modern acts looking so fecking miserable doing a job millions dream of.

Then again, I do feel old nowadays :D

I cringed at Lady GaGa's "singing" and at Lily Allen smoking a fag for most of her gig though.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:36 pm

FD wrote:I didn't cringe.

I didn't cringe when they shared a mic.

I do however cringe when I see modern acts looking so fecking miserable doing a job millions dream of.

Then again, I do feel old nowadays :D

I cringed at Lady GaGa's "singing" and at Lily Allen smoking a fag for most of her gig though.
I wouldnt even bother wathcing them.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:59 pm

Nor would I normally, but I like to consider myself open minded, and that I'll give any artist a chance.

Lady Gaga though...Jesus...I'm sure at one point her skirt was so short I could see a condom hanging out of her.

jenkz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jenkz » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:13 pm

FD wrote:Nor would I normally, but I like to consider myself open minded, and that I'll give any artist a chance.

Lady Gaga though...Jesus...I'm sure at one point her skirt was so short I could see a condom hanging out of her.

HAHA!!!!

:pray:
Nat Lofthouse:

“in my day, there were plenty of fellas who would kick your b****cks off. The difference was that at the end of the match they would shake your hand and help you look for them!”

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:45 pm

The really scary thing is that is was hanging out of her arse! :shock: :pissed:

jenkz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jenkz » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:05 pm

FD wrote:The really scary thing is that is was hanging out of her arse! :shock: :pissed:
Scary?? I thought that was the norm in the celeb/music world? :mrgreen:

EDIT:

I should really have made a 'backstage' joke shouldn't I?
Nat Lofthouse:

“in my day, there were plenty of fellas who would kick your b****cks off. The difference was that at the end of the match they would shake your hand and help you look for them!”

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:06 pm

True, rumours are that it belonged to Lily Allen, she's supposed to have a massive cock.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:29 pm

FD wrote:True, rumours are that it belonged to Lily Allen, she's supposed to have a massive cock.
I still would. For apparent reason, to me or anyone else, I love Lily.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:01 pm

If she PROMISED never to speak, I'd consider rear ending her.

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:33 pm

Back from the festival. Glaso really is such an amazing place, TV really does not do it justice and I would seriously recommend anyone making the trip - whether or not you like the line up - ultimately you will always find something you like.

Anyway, it is simply not possible for me to mention everything, so my top three highlights...

1. The Boss
2. Rolf Harris
3. Blur

Being honest, I didn't see a bad performance all weekend...

Like I said, such a special amazing place.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:46 pm

Been flicking through the Tv coverage. Underwhelmed. Nothing jumped out, though the very thought of the ting tings makes me want to kill somebody. Tried to watch Maximo Park, as I do love them musically but their keyboardist is SUHUCH a tosser that that made me angry. Lady Gaga being there makes me angry. I havent watched The Boss or Blur yet, as I'm saving them, and since they seem to be most people's highlight's I'm hoping tomorrow will be better. Nothing even in the same league as Raconteurs last year so far mind.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:59 pm

Great festival. Good line up and good performances.

I went once in 1983
http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/glastonb ... -1983.html

Oh how it has changed. :)
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:05 am

I thought it looked pretty good from what I saw on TV. Tom Jones, Springsteen, Dizzee Rascal, Kasabian, Blur and The Prodigy all looked amazing.

Best moment had to be this though, The Gaslight Anthem w. Bruce Springsteen on the John Peel Stage. http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2009/a ... .shtml#emp

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:45 am

bobby5 wrote:Great festival. Good line up and good performances.

I went once in 1983
http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/glastonb ... -1983.html

Oh how it has changed. :)
FOURTEEN QUID? Fook me, you can't get to a single gig for that now!
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:46 am

Prufrock wrote:
FD wrote:True, rumours are that it belonged to Lily Allen, she's supposed to have a massive cock.
whs
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:10 am

Prufrock wrote:
Ughh Lily Allen. One of the very very few people I'd be quite happy to see fed to a set of hungry crocs.
Music to me should be an artform, it should be about creating something magical or at the very least something that aspires to art.

Lily Allen uses music as a celebration of chavness. Of her "commoness" of her poor dialect and horrid mockney accent.

She isn't very good. Her voice is virtually non existent. Her music is so devoid of art its unreal.

Songs about lovers who can't please her, about a doped up brother about abusing the "pigs"....they're just not pleasant and certainly there is no "art" there.

Just a horrid character with little (or no) discernable talent who is riding off her daddies coat tails.

I could probably live with her, if she admitted that she was basically just another piece of well manufactured stereotyped pop. But she thinks that she is "a real musical talent, a current relevant voice" at least thats what comes across in her interviews. Like Robbie Williams, one day people will wake up and realise she's got as much talent as the people booted off the X Factor during the first round!