Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:29 pm

Just watched some TV programme called 'Binge Drinking: My Problem' or somesuch. Yet again some kids are all bastards agenda. A scrotty teenager snarling and sniping and calling everything rubbish while her ADULT mother sobs on camera about how its so hard and I quote 'She'e out till three every weekend and I can't stop her'. Your her bloody mother you daft bitch. Followed up with 'I don't want to live in the same house as someone who hates me'. Jesus wept. Then some expert comes on saying how she understands the problems parents face when they feel they can't say no. Thats their f*cking job. The parents are portrayed as tortured souls whilst the children, that's right, children are portrayed as heartless evil robots. F*ck me.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:36 pm

Prufrock wrote:Just watched some TV programme called 'Binge Drinking: My Problem' or somesuch. Yet again some kids are all bastards agenda. A scrotty teenager snarling and sniping and calling everything rubbish while her ADULT mother sobs on camera about how its so hard and I quote 'She'e out till three every weekend and I can't stop her'. Your her bloody mother you daft bitch. Followed up with 'I don't want to live in the same house as someone who hates me'. Jesus wept. Then some expert comes on saying how she understands the problems parents face when they feel they can't say no. Thats their f*cking job. The parents are portrayed as tortured souls whilst the children, that's right, children are portrayed as heartless evil robots. F*ck me.
Was the noun 'bottle' pronounced as 'bockull' on this programme by any chance? I didn't see it, but I bet that it was. :whack:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:43 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Just watched some TV programme called 'Binge Drinking: My Problem' or somesuch. Yet again some kids are all bastards agenda. A scrotty teenager snarling and sniping and calling everything rubbish while her ADULT mother sobs on camera about how its so hard and I quote 'She'e out till three every weekend and I can't stop her'. Your her bloody mother you daft bitch. Followed up with 'I don't want to live in the same house as someone who hates me'. Jesus wept. Then some expert comes on saying how she understands the problems parents face when they feel they can't say no. Thats their f*cking job. The parents are portrayed as tortured souls whilst the children, that's right, children are portrayed as heartless evil robots. F*ck me.
Was the noun 'bottle' pronounced as 'bockull' on this programme by any chance? I didn't see it, but I bet that it was. :whack:
It was indeedy actually. Funny you could guess. The next scene was the mother doing an abseil then the kid not, which was swiftly followed by the mother, that's right, the adult, breaking down in tears about how the kid was unruly, because, apparently, you say yes to everything your impulsive hormonal CHILD asks for for just fourteen years and they turn out, pffft, you'll never guess, but they actually turn out expecting their own way all the time. And that, no matter what anyone says, that cannot possibly be seen as being your fault!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:57 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
It was indeedy actually. Funny you could guess. The next scene was the mother doing an abseil then the kid not, which was swiftly followed by the mother, that's right, the adult, breaking down in tears about how the kid was unruly, because, apparently, you say yes to everything your impulsive hormonal CHILD asks for for just fourteen years and they turn out, pffft, you'll never guess, but they actually turn out expecting their own way all the time. And that, no matter what anyone says, that cannot possibly be seen as being your fault!
I'll give you a list here of people that I absolutely detest, despite having never met them. That's quite poor really, but here you go anyway.

Vijay Singh
Chris Moyles
Steve Bruce
Jeremy Vine
Damon Gough
Mark Kermode
Most of the Chelsea squad, the arrogant c*nts!
George Galloway
Stuart Maconie
Shami Chakrabarti

There are loads more, but they just spring, nay leap, to mind! :evil:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:01 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I'll give you a list here of people that I absolutely detest, despite having never met them. That's quite poor really, but here you go anyway.

Vijay Singh
Chris Moyles
Steve Bruce
Jeremy Vine
Damon Gough
Mark Kermode
George Galloway
Stuart Maconie
Shami Chakrabarti

I'm absolutely astounded that Shami makes it on, but Jeremy fecking Kyle is nowhere to be seen.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:15 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:I'll give you a list here of people that I absolutely detest, despite having never met them. That's quite poor really, but here you go anyway.

Vijay Singh
Chris Moyles
Steve Bruce
Jeremy Vine
Damon Gough
Mark Kermode
George Galloway
Stuart Maconie
Shami Chakrabarti

Can't find much to argue with there Brucie - not that it'd do me any good, it's your list. I'm marginally perplexed by Vijay Singh, because whereas all the others are noted for opening their gobs and generally uttering crap, I'm struggling to recall Vijay Singh saying much at all about anything.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:17 am

Verbal wrote:today im not angry just nervous - £240 i get if Liverpool win. If not, suffice to say i will be bloody angry at that.
Never mind.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:51 am

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Verbal wrote:today im not angry just nervous - £240 i get if Liverpool win. If not, suffice to say i will be bloody angry at that.
Never mind.
I always knew that Benitez was a prick.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:15 pm

Today I'm angry about the silly cow who, after driving the wrong way down my one way street as I was tidying the garden, proceeded to hurl abuse at the driver going the legal way because he was blocking her way. It had taken me the best part of two hours to get the Kebabling down for her afternoon nap for some reason, so this was just what wasn't needed. The one thing stopping me from getting too angry about it was the riposte that came from a builder when asked by the daft cow "what are you lookin' at?". Simple - "a blind driver with a mouth like a sewer".

It took the best part of ten minutes before she eventually backed down after my neighbour got through to the police to tell her that someone had driven unlawfully down a one way street, and if they wanted to see the evidence all they needed to do was turn up to the street.

What else is going to make me angry is the inevitable reply from someone on here who will counter that there seems to be so many perfect drivers use this board. Well, if by perfect you mean "lawful and sensible", bang to rights. It's a big feck off piece of metal that goes at deadly speeds. If you can't be focused when driving it, you don't deserve to be on the road.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:33 pm

Seeing as we're on driving, people think supermarket carparks are national speed limit. They aren't. And also people who brake incredibly late on sideroads to the road you are driving on. You may have ceramic discs all round, but really, do you have to test them every where you go? I nearly have heart failure about five times day when some bell end does that.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:45 pm

Im too tired to be angry today. It requires too much effort.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:53 pm

Today I'm angry about the fact that, despite removing the bloody Adware that managed to find it's way onto my computer, and repeatedly confirming that my pop-up blocker is turned on, I'm still getting about 200 ads appearing on my computer every day.

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:35 pm

This is going to sound like a 'back in my day' at the age of 23, but here goes:

Mobile phones.
Not mobiles in general - just there effect on shop products.
You used to be able to buy chocolate bars/drinks/crisps etc. with a 'look inside to see if you've won.'
Now it's just 'look inside to find a number to text to us at extortinate rates.'
As a kid, it was always exciting to open something and see if you've got a free chocolate bar/£5, or whatever else they were giving away.
And now that just doesn't happen any more.
'Far away, there in the sunshine are my aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they may lead.' (Louisa May Alcott)

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:24 am

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:32 am

Tonight I'm angry about Premiership football's media coverage.

Tonight's Match Of The Day has tipped me over the edge, they've really excelled themselves this season. After Jamie Carragher's given the "ooh, it's so nice to see him back as long as three days after a knock of heads rendered him slightly headached" eulogy, Torres has slight clash of heads, and the next couple of minutes is taken up with footage as if he's given the Princess Di treatment. "He's been given nine stitches, and it looks like he might be developing a black eye", says Jonathan Pearce solemnly. Then, after the match, an interview with Rafa Benitez, whose job has apparently been under scrutiny because he lost a match. Yes, a match.

"Is it easy to, well, live and exist under the pressure of your job, knowing that their might be someone to replace you any day?"

Must be hard to "live and exist" in a job you're paid £6 million a year to do that other people do earning much less and in much more difficult circumstances. How does he "live and exist" in a job where someone else picks up the kit from the launderette, organises and delivers training while he barks from the sidelines, does the warm up, negotiates contract and transfer fees, gets sponsorship in, and does the scouting of opponents for him? Premiership management is a difficult job, but "struggle to live and exist"? Bore off.

Then, just to prove the pandering towards Big Clubs, the next thing said?

"Birmingham v Portsmouth - not what we really want to watch, but......."

Is it any wonder everyone thinks football is shit?

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:41 am

Verbal wrote:this review
If the 'Roses had released these three tracks (Adored, She Bangs The Drum and Waterfall) as an EP and then died in a van-crash, taken with the two singles that preceded the album, they'd be nudging the greats. And I'd have them up there with Nightmares On Wax, LFO, AC Temple and The Happy Mondays as the 'up North stuff' we gave a feck about down here in the middle near the end of the 80s.
Shows he didn't get it. For a start, he seems to class tracks like I Am The Resurrection as shite, yet classes the weakest track of them all n this album, Waterfall, as a cast-iron classic? Then says that it'd put them in the "Up North stuff" alongside a bunch of one hit wonders? I've still yet found anyone, twenty years after the event, to tell me that LFO have done anything worthy of note other than the Leeds Warehouse mix of "LFO". And that includes mates of the writer of that article.

Still, £80 for an album that's been re-issued three times since seems excessive.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:46 am

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:
If the 'Roses had released these three tracks (Adored, She Bangs The Drum and Waterfall) as an EP and then died in a van-crash, taken with the two singles that preceded the album, they'd be nudging the greats. And I'd have them up there with Nightmares On Wax, LFO, AC Temple and The Happy Mondays as the 'up North stuff' we gave a feck about down here in the middle near the end of the 80s.
Shows he didn't get it. For a start, he seems to class tracks like I Am The Resurrection as shite, yet classes the weakest track of them all n this album, Waterfall, as a cast-iron classic? Then says that it'd put them in the "Up North stuff" alongside a bunch of one hit wonders? I've still yet found anyone, twenty years after the event, to tell me that LFO have done anything worthy of note other than the Leeds Warehouse mix of "LFO". And that includes mates of the writer of that article.

Still, £80 for an album that's been re-issued three times since seems excessive.
Yes it is, but his review consists of having a go at an album which you can get in the shop for a tenner. And considering he probably got a freee promo copy, to baulk at the price as 'elitist' and then write such an elitist piece of shite is a bit rubbish for me.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:52 am

Verbal wrote:
KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:

Yes it is, but his review consists of having a go at an album which you can get in the shop for a tenner. And considering he probably got a freee promo copy, to baulk at the price as 'elitist' and then write such an elitist piece of shite is a bit rubbish for me.
Music journalists for you. Unless the price is unrealistically excessive, they won't write about it. However, it's only shit if it's popular. Unless you championed the artist. Remember Q's assertion that the Arctic Monkey's debut was the 6th greatest album of ALL TIME, three months after it was released?

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:57 am

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:
Verbal wrote:
KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:

Music journalists for you. Unless the price is unrealistically excessive, they won't write about it. However, it's only shit if it's popular. Unless you championed the artist. Remember Q's assertion that the Arctic Monkey's debut was the 6th greatest album of ALL TIME, three months after it was released?
:lol didn't know that. Though I remember NME had the AM's debut at the 2nd best British album ever a similar period after its release.

Their new 'un is out in a couple of weeks, will be interesting to see how the music 'journalists' react to it.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:02 am

Verbal wrote:
KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:
Verbal wrote:
KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:

:lol didn't know that. Though I remember NME had the AM's debut at the 2nd best British album ever a similar period after its release.

Their new 'un is out in a couple of weeks, will be interesting to see how the music 'journalists' react to it.
They're too popular for it to be considered good now. They tried too hard to get the second album released too quickly, and it got slated because they'd already headline a night at Glasto. If they had a 20-year hiatus before releasing it, or for that matter headlining Glasto they'd have their a-holes gaping by the frenzy of sycophantic bumming.