The Film Review Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:10 am

Just got the Machinist

awesome

Stevie72
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Stevie72 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:10 pm

Watching the 'Army Of Darkness' on Sky movies.

Terrible special effects

Outragous acting

village idiot written script

dangerously bad directing

ABSOLUTE BRILLIANCE!!!

I dont care what anyone says. This film rocks, the reason? Bruce Campbell. Ive not laughed this hard in a long time, he alone carried the whole film as he did the first two. Of course this is nothing near the first two, concentrating on lowering its rating and condeming itself to the straight to DVD collection. Yet I cant help but love the character 'Ash'. He has the antics of Jim Carrey and takes more punishment then Arny, Sly,Gibson and Vin Diesol combined. Personaly I dont care how bad it is, its still B movie brilliance.

"Give me some sugar baby!!!"

You have never been so right !!!!
Fantastic Evil Dead is Cr*p but Bruce Campbell is the man (best mate of the director only reason he got the role) who makes this film a cult classic
Battle Royale 2 forget it...
If you liked battle royale Old Boy is on film 4 soon well worth a watch
Other foreign films
Diva
Subway
Cinema Paradiso
Nikita
Man bites Dog
I could go on and on and on ...... :zzz:

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:54 pm

"Baby, you got ugly"

Army of Darkness is king

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr ... tle=121752

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:15 am

Fantastic, one of my favorite films has just started one ITV, I am of course talking about Willow, one of the best feel good movies of all time. Low budget, unknown cast (less Val Kilmer) but I always feel good come the end of it. Although they think it should be shown at midnight is behond me?
Last edited by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army on Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:17 am

MadMartigan is a terrific character, Kilmer has done precious little to better it

anyone seen Crash? was thinking of goin tomoz to see it

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:40 pm

Just in case any of you were gutted at missing the wittiest horror of all time, ITS ON NOW, Army Of Darkness is on Sky movies 7.

TASTE THE BOOMSTICK :oyea:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:49 am

Crash

In a film-making climate of sticking to franchises for a safe and predictable level of success (I notice that a Jurrassic Park IV is on its way out), it is with some regret that I find myself criticising this film for being a bit 'over-ambitious'. It tries to make incisive racial observations... but fails and tends to fall back on the portrayal of stereotype. It also tries to mix several storylines and characters into one film; it's not an easy trick to pull off and it's not one that this director did. The link between all these chracters is also an unsatisfying ending to it all: the idea that we're all connected in some way is far less ground-breaking than the film shows an appreciation of. There are a few interesting individual performances: Sandra Bullock plays a distinctly 'uncongenial' role, Matt Dillon plays the racist W.A.S.P. cop very well, an Jennifer Epositio plays a small, but visually pleasing part. I don't know where Ryan Phillipe's career has gone since his role in Cruel Intentions, but he was very unimpressive.

All in all, a watchable film, but it has far less to say than it thinks it does.

Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:46 pm

ONG-BAK

Superb and complete shite!!

This is a thailand made movie about.........on second thoughts im not going to go into the story and plot as its complete bxllocks. So what makes this movie Superb? The fight scenes, they are the best I have seen in any movie I have ever watched (and yes that does include the late Bruce Lee) they really are that good, I think what strikes me most about them is the fact that these guys spend most of the time really hitting each other. They must of spent the films budget on hospital bills because they go all out.
The lead actor mark my words is going to be big in hollywood, not just for his amazing Thai fighting skills (watch the movie and you will know what I meen) but his ability to perform stunts that almost rivel Jacko himself (How the hell does a guy do running splits underneath a moving car :conf: ) if you want to watch some of the greatest fighting scenes ever put on film then rent this movie ASAP if you can get past the mind boggling acting.

WINNER

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:38 pm

Ive brought this thread back to the fold in the hope that someone has watched ONG-BAK, I really hope that someone else takes the chance in hiring or buying this suberb exhibition of matial arts. I watched it again today, and its even better the second time around.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:41 pm

tony jaa rocks

rumour is he will be the bad guy in the new Bond

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:50 pm

Batman wrote:tony jaa rocks

rumour is he will be the bad guy in the new Bond
Remember the name, this boy is going to be big with a capital "is going to be"

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:00 pm

Ive just finished watching Rocky on Sky movies, its amazing but it still puts a tear in my eye at the end.

Rocky, Rocky, Rocky. :pray:

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:54 am

got reservoir dogs special edition from MVC for a whopping £3. what a buy. i got the vid but the docs and commentary are looking good

what a great film. if you say to someone, oh yeah there's no mad action and its one long scene they wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, yet its awesome

Luna
Promising
Promising

Post by Luna » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:39 pm

Team America:World Police

Done by the makers of South Park.

Probably my favourite movie ever, definately the funniest ive seen...

Anyone who knows anything about this film will know its done with puppets.

The theme tune sums up the movie pretty well ("America, feck yeah, we are here again to save the mutherfuc*ing day yeah, America, feck yeah, cause freedom is the only way ect)

Makes fun of terrorists ("taking credit are terrorists from durkur-durkur-stan"), the japenese ("herrroooooo") and most of all, the Americans ("Remember Gary, theres no 'i' in 'team america')

Anyway, very sorry for poor review, but im watching it right now

If you like comedy, you'll love this. Just watch it.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:40 pm

aaah Hans Brix, you're breaking my balls!

I am so ronery, so ronery!

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:42 pm

Some of the best special effects in movie history!!

Marshall
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Marshall » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:46 pm

Batman wrote:MadMartigan is a terrific character, Kilmer has done precious little to better it

anyone seen Crash? was thinking of goin tomoz to see it
Replying to this far too late, but I've seen Crash and thought it was superb! One of them films you really have to pay attention to, or else you lose track and think 'who the hell's that??'

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:51 pm

Anyone else seen Omd-Bak yet? Or have you all taken one look at the title and tought bxllocks to that!!

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:59 pm

has anybody seen 40 year old virgin yet?

i just want another person to confirm it is funy as fk before i go watch it. it's getting rave reviews from everybody i know, and a very reliable internet source.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:56 pm

just re-watched Rules of Attraction

awesome stuff, cannot wait for Glamorama