Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:26 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
thebish wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Aye, as Bobo says, get something flamamable down there. I found the entrance to one once, emptied an entire can of insect spray down it and then lit a match. The whoop sound was something to behold. No problems to report after that one.
that would melt the pool tho! :wink:
Simply fill the pool with water. When the flames melt the pool base, the resultant cascade will simultaneously quench the subterranean conflagration and drown any of the little bastards that happen to have escaped.
:D

I used to do a trick in school assemblies where you fill a balloon with water - hold it over a kid's head and then light a match and bring the flame up to the balloon - holding it there...

the balloon doesn't burst - the water disperses the heat.... (ok - once it did, and i haven't been invited back there!)

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:08 am

I gave a 38% effort with work today.

Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Start Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging.
Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Go, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging, Keep Digging.

My poor Dad!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:44 am

This kind of stuff...
Two
planes have landed in England today. One carrying a group of overpaid,
under achieving prima donna's, the other carrying seven coffins draped
in the Union Jack Flag. Hero is a much overused word nowadays, but i
know where my priorities lie RIP to the REAL HEROES of this
country!!!!!!
which popped up as people's statuses in my fb newsfeed three times yesterday...

so... when you return from your holiday to spain this summer you will write....
Two planes have landed in England today. One carrying a family of four slightly sunburned tourists who have done nowt but lie on the beach, moan about the hotel service and send stupid status updates to fb via their i-phones, the other carrying four coffins draped in the Union Jack Flag. Hero is a much overused word nowadays, but i know where my priorities lie RIP to the REAL HEROES of this ...country!!!!!!
will you???????????????????????????

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:24 am

Having spent 40 minutes in a tunnel just outside Bank on a defective Northern Line tube, I'm too fcuked to be angry about anything
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:42 am

The RSPCA.

My god have these guys gone down in my estimation these last few years. They try and bilk an old lady out of her inheritance. Thank god the courts threw their claim out. Then I read about the police calling them in to rescue half a dozen dogs they'd found, who's master had died suddenly. So they turn up and slaughter the lot of them with, wait for it, a bolt gun!

Now this,
The charity was trying to recapture the giant 4ft 9 ins rhea after it escaped from its enclosure on an estate near Woodbridge, Suffolk several months ago.

But the flightless 90lbs bird died after experts shot it with a tranquilliser gun and it later suffered a suspected panic attack while recovering from the anaesthetic.

Despite the RSPCA’s concerns for its safety, the rhea had managed to survive one of the coldest winters in living memory and had been spotted numerous times by locals near Eyke, Suffolk.

But it was feared that the bird could have run onto a road and caused an accident, the charity said.

After previous botched attempts to catch the bird, which can run at up to 40mph, Mark Thompson, an RSPCA chief inspector, tracked it down and shot it with a tranquilliser dart.

He said later: “It was so big that it could have caused a lot of damage to a car and people might have been injured or killed.

"We recaptured it in a very controlled way and caused it the minimum amount of distress.

"The dosage of tranquilliser was right for the size of bird. It appeared to be recovering well from the affect of the drug, but unfortunately it died. Birds do suffer from stress and this is one of those unfortunate things.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildli ... r-gun.html

Never has an organisation lost it's kudos as fast or as deep as the RSPCA IMO. Someone needs to take a long look at these bastards. :evil:
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:49 am

Firefox.

I upgraded recently.

It now seems to close tabs when I don't want it to (seemingly if I click on them for too long) and duplicate tabs (occasionally, after doing a refresh).

What's all that about, then?

I'm switching to Internet Expl....oh, hang on, no I'm not.

Anyone use Chrome? Any good?

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:06 pm

Yeah Chrome is pretty good.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:10 pm

chrome all the way!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:21 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:chrome all the way!
never tried chrome - what are its key benefits over firefox?

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:25 pm

I've used Opera for years. Takes some getting used to but good stuff.
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:56 pm

I use Chrome on both the PC and the iMac. It was the first thing I installed on the Mac in preference to Safari although Apple insists I use Safari when talking to them and refuses to recognise any other browser.

I find it quicker than any of the other options.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:45 pm

clapton is god wrote:I use Chrome on both the PC and the iMac. It was the first thing I installed on the Mac in preference to Safari although Apple insists I use Safari when talking to them and refuses to recognise any other browser.

I find it quicker than any of the other options.
Apple ? .... forcing a monopoly type situation on people ? The same Apple who sued Microsoft for the same reason ? THAT Apple ?

I'm amazed.

Which is the reason I use Blackberry and have a Sony Walkman MP3 player.

Hypocritical b'stards.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Puskas wrote:Firefox.

I upgraded recently.

It now seems to close tabs when I don't want it to (seemingly if I click on them for too long) and duplicate tabs (occasionally, after doing a refresh).

its adobe flash or whatever crashing like a bastard in its new "plugins as a seperate process" quarantine. slows the rest up good style while its being killed off.

dont use chrome use srware iron, spys on you less.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:32 pm

Mitch Benn

you never were funny - and you still aren't - so you shouldn't sound so fecking smug and pleased with yourself. feck off!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:39 pm

Our new FD and HM Revenue & Customs who, between them, have managed to K code me. HM R&C have been spoken with very politely - thus ensuring a return to an L coding (a little higher than last year's too - result :pissed: ), but the new FD will get his on Monday :whack:
May the bridges I burn light your way

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:58 am

I drew K480 in the tax code lottery a few years back

Sadly, it was right

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:04 am

a1 wrote:

I upgraded recently.

its adobe flash or whatever crashing like a bastard in its new "plugins as a seperate process" quarantine. slows the rest up good style while its being killed off.

Cheers for that, a1.

Slightly different browser from what I'm used to, but looks good, seems fast. I suspect I'll get used to it in time.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:32 am

a1 wrote:

I upgraded recently.

will that run greasemonkey scripts?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:21 pm

thebish wrote:
will that run greasemonkey scripts?
dont know - srware is built off chrome , but things that work on chrome might not on iron . chrome apparantly mostly does work with greasemonkey scripts "natively" so id guess iron does too.. the wiki knows more.

FF being crashalot , you could use the bleeding edge 4.0 alpha, cooled it down for me some.

here - updates every day tho, and not all the plugins are compatable with it yet.

also the 10.1 version of flash might stop it crashing . but ive had some probs with that (vids not working that used to).
Last edited by a1 on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:42 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:I drew K480 in the tax code lottery a few years back

Sadly, it was right
Feck me. :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way