The Official Xbox 360 Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Re: The Official Xbox 360 Thread

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:07 pm

What I've always loved about Fifa is the different styles you can win and score with. I find Pro Evo too narrow in scope in terms of creating chances. My mates hated playing me cos I get it down the wing and score from loads of crosses. A Coyle dream-team you might imagine. Whereas some of them tit about dribbling through the middle or trying to pass you to death.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:11 pm

That's the thing that bugs me about FIFA - one of many.

It's no fun dribbling, because you get someone like Messi or someone like John Smith from Accrington all doing little feints and twists and turns and flicks etc that no player at that level could do. Same for volleys and long range shots - all too difficult to achieve on the game.

I like the 'finesse' shot thing on FIFA, but that's about it.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:That's the thing that bugs me about FIFA - one of many.

It's no fun dribbling, because you get someone like Messi or someone like John Smith from Accrington all doing little feints and twists and turns and flicks etc that no player at that level could do. Same for volleys and long range shots - all too difficult to achieve on the game.

i like fifa but what pisses me off about fifa is the goal celabrations they are fvcking shite and the commentary is boring

plus i would like to see abit more personality messi does't run anything like he does for real like LL says you could have a crap championship player and he can do the same skills as messi/ronaldinho

plus ronaldo does't dive on the game what the fvck is that about toatally unrealistic

oh and Pro Evo is bolox
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:28 pm

Plus if they've got the licence for the kits why have they not got the nous to get the right font for the names on the shirts? Maddening.

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:50 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:That's the thing that bugs me about FIFA - one of many.

Whereas playing as Bolton online in PES is fun, because you can't do the twists and turns, or tackle the 10 millionth person who is playing as Barca?

Oh and the commentary? I'd take a million FIFA's over the AWFUL PES commentary.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:24 pm

Can't comment, as on both games I play with the sound off - but you don't always have to play Barcelona....there are ways.

Anyhoo, had four games on each demo last night and at this stage I prefer the Pro Evo one, the usual FIFA issues remain, but that aside the game is alright, but this version has seen Pro catch them up.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:46 pm

End of the day, whilst both games have their highs and lows, neither, comes close to the excitement that scoring a last minute winner in sensible soccer did.

For me the biggest failing of FIFA and PES is that whilst both try to "simulate" the game of football, neither simulates the "feel and excitement" around the game as well as SS did! IMHO of course.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:47 pm

ISS, you mean

Sensi was a bit gay, so was Kick Off! However SWOS was aces

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:51 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:ISS, you mean

Sensi was a bit gay, so was Kick Off! However SWOS was aces
Aye guess I meant SWOS, thats the one where you "managed" a club??? Thats the one I meant.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:55 pm

Yeah :pray: great game

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:05 pm

carnt you get swos on xbox live ?

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:36 pm

Yeah but it ain't the same

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:04 pm

SWOS???
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:08 pm

Sensible World of Soccer :pray:

Playing and managing :pray:

A more simple and innocent time :pray:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:12 pm

ISS games on the N64 were the tops for me!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Not impressed with this
Each year we give you an update on the status of copy protection and activation of Football Manager and the decisions taken as we know it’s a hot topic for many of you, although for many others it’s not really an issue at all.

As you may remember, last year we decided against any activation as we couldn't find a solution that we thought struck a balance on combatting piracy and not penalising the genuine consumer. We did make our position on anti-piracy pretty clear though, we see it as a big problem for our game and we said we'd continue to look for a solution that stopped, or made it very difficult to pirate the game and play it for free.

This year we have found what we believe is an acceptable solution. Any version of Football Manager 2012 bought on disc will have to be activated through the Steam network, so therefore purchasers will have to have an internet connection for initial activation. This is a one-time only activation which requires you to sign up for a Steam account (which is free) and to install the Steam client and once it has been done the game can be played offline by turning on Steam's Offline mode. With those two simple steps done there are no more hoops to jump through or steps to take.

We appreciate that the vast majority of people reading this post on the forums are genuine consumers of the game, and that having to activate is not as simple as putting the game in the drive and playing. However we hope that, as a fan of the game, you feel that having to do a one-time activation is worth it to try to prevent others playing the game for free and stealing what you purchase with no punishment, and with no contribution toward the future of Football Manager and it's development. Make no mistake, if a quarter of the people that usually pirate the game switch to purchasing Football Manager 2012, the sales of the game worldwide would more than double. This would lead to increased development budgets and more benefits for all of you who do buy the game.

We've taken this decision because we believe that the steps the consumer has to take are not excessive, and that as a one-time only measure with no tracking or reporting it is not too intrusive. Having worked with Steam for a few years now we also believe that their system is ever improving and gives Football Manager players a good service of free auto-updating, achievements and other great benefits without cost or hassle.

We hope you understand and support the decision. It's by no means taken lightly, although I hope for the vast majority of you it's nowhere near as big an issue as we treat it as being.

IMPORTANT – The Steam servers will be switched on globally at 12.01am BST (UK Time), so this will be the time at which people can start activating and playing Football Manager throughout the world.

In summary:
• You need to connect to the internet to activate Football Manager 2012 on PC and Mac before you start playing it
• To activate you will need to sign up to, and install the Steam client
• Once you have activated Football Manager 2012 you can then play it in Steam's "offline mode" - meaning you do not have to be connected to the internet to play
• Saved games are stored locally on your machine, but you can play Football Manager on any machine by signing into Steam and selecting it from your purchased games
• Staying connected to Steam will mean Football Manager 2012 is automatically updated with any patches or data updates released
I'm not impressed with having to use Steam. Ever. Plus now we can't even uninstall once activation is complete. Not good, as Steam is one of the most invasive programs around. You can't tell what resources it uses too. What do you do if you lose your net connection and can't log in to Steam? You're knackered! Joke.
Last edited by Lofthouse Lower on Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:32 pm

picked up a cheap copy of Bad Company 2 on HRG's reccy and in anticipation of the imminent part 3 - I love it, cant think of a single player campaign ive enjoyed more than this!?... bit tricky online atm tho!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:37 pm

Back to the football game topic...best ever was Matchday 2 on the Spectrum.

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:50 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Can't comment, as on both games I play with the sound off - but you don't always have to play Barcelona....there are ways.

Anyhoo, had four games on each demo last night and at this stage I prefer the Pro Evo one, the usual FIFA issues remain, but that aside the game is alright, but this version has seen Pro catch them up.
The only thing I'd say is that the FIFA 12 demo isn't taken from the final build, whereas the PES 2012 one I believe is.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:04 am

General Mannerheim wrote:picked up a cheap copy of Bad Company 2 on HRG's reccy and in anticipation of the imminent part 3 - I love it, cant think of a single player campaign ive enjoyed more than this!?... bit tricky online atm tho!
We'll have to see if we can join up at one point for online. Chopper was saying that the tendency with Battlefield online is for people to go round in squads which is why I've found it tough - everyone else is working as an actual team.

I didn't actually enjoy the single player. Felt it was too stop-start and some gaming scenes you simply walked to another checkpoint before another cut-scene. I grew a bit impatient with that.