Super Bowl XLVI

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Super Bowl XLVI

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:31 pm

2399 wrote:yeah my friend explained it to me.

They should of tried defending though, but NY could of done a field goal easily.
No your friend was correct. It is easier to get a touchdown with 57 seconds on the clock than a fieldgoal with 5.7.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:56 pm

May the bridges I burn light your way

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Just noticed the sig there Bruce,

Excellent stuff. :D
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:34 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Image
emmitt smith rules !!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:43 am

Wandering Willy wrote:Just noticed the sig there Bruce,

Excellent stuff. :D
They just don't write them like our sig's anymore, Willy. :oyea:

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:32 am

Armchair Wanderer wrote:
Tals-biggest-fan wrote:
2399 wrote:We're drawing in the cup and need to get it to the other end, what's the quickest way? I know, let's conceed a goal! :roll:
If your talking about when the pats let Bradshaw score at the end, it was a smart move in theory, if they stopped him they would of been able to bite more time from the clock leaving less time for Brady to score, it was just a plan that didn't come off in the end.
The plan gets set up and the running back gets told to take the ball to the 1 yard line and not score. He takes the ball and no defender gets in his way. No-one was gonna stop him from scoring a TD in the superbowl. Even if he never plays football ever again he's scored a game-winning TD in the superbowl!! :oyea:
I bet he was shitting himself when brady threw the hail mary right at the end, if Gronkowski got to the ball then he would of been the most hated man in new york
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:17 am

Bruce- quite!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:00 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:

They should of tried defending though, but NY could of done a field goal easily.
No your friend was correct. It is easier to get a touchdown with 57 seconds on the clock than a fieldgoal with 5.7.
Certainly don't agree with that, though Bradshaw was right to score.

6 definite points vs 3 possible points. Easy decision regardless of what the other team had to do.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:54 pm

Jakerbeef wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

6 definite points vs 3 possible points. Easy decision regardless of what the other team had to do.
The three possible points were a chipshot field goal - just like a conversion and practically impossible to miss - and they could have taken much more time off the clock. Remember it was only second down. They could have wasted time on third down and kicked the fieldgoal with time running out. If you are correct, why did Bradshaw try (and fail) to stop on the one inch line? Why did the commentators remarks so much that he should have stopped? Why did Manning tell Bradshaw to remember not to score? Why did the Pats let him? Give Brady a minute and he could score a touchdown, even with no time outs left. He failed but was hurt by dropped passes (not the "hail Mary" but earlier). The point is it wasn't about the score - the Giants would always take the lead - but about time and timeouts. The game is more subtle than 3 versus 7 points.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:04 pm

Any game where it pays not to score is inherently, and obviously flawed.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Prufrock wrote:Any game where it pays not to score is inherently, and obviously flawed.
Giants were always going to score, Prufrock, but you always try to ensure the least possible opportunity for the other team to come right back an score. Oh, what's the point....I give up.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:08 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:13 pm

Prufrock wrote:Any game where it pays not to score is inherently, and obviously flawed.
A former colleague of mine once took me along to Cardiff v Bath in the latter stages of the Heineken cup. This fella nice people it one into the stand on the far side and earns a round of applause. I question this, as any sane person might, only to be met with howls of derision! :conf:

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:37 am

I think I am glad the Giants Won....? :shock:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:43 am

Is that the thing that Clapton's Mrs has just signed off? :?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:46 am

:conf:
Is that part of the security, or did they uncover some kind of attempted assassination plot?
Businesswoman of the year.

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:47 am

Not sure, got it from a 'conspiracy' forum; I will go look for some quotes/info........................

{I'll edit stuff in soon}

Here's the news Article:
http://deadspin.com/5883203/this-looks- ... super-bowl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

some words from it:
This Looks Like A Fortified Sniper’s Nest At The Super Bowl
Some photos with no backstory are making the rounds, showing what appears to be an Indianapolis police sniper checking out his post in the rafters of Lucas Oil Stadium in the hours or days before the Super Bowl, a post that would be manned when the game began. Yes, we know there's nothing surprising about trained marksmen working the biggest sporting event of the year. We also know it's pretty damn cool to see what the Super Bowl snipers are working with

In the Article they said that They saw the photos on a 4*han board :vomit:

Here's a reply from where I got this:
Is this where you want to bring your child let alone yourself?

(that's all I will repost, the rest is a bit too conspiracycy!)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:57 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Is that the thing that Clapton's Mrs has just signed off? :?
:D

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Jakerbeef wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

The three possible points were a chipshot field goal - just like a conversion and practically impossible to miss - and they could have taken much more time off the clock. Remember it was only second down. They could have wasted time on third down and kicked the fieldgoal with time running out. If you are correct, why did Bradshaw try (and fail) to stop on the one inch line? Why did the commentators remarks so much that he should have stopped? Why did Manning tell Bradshaw to remember not to score? Why did the Pats let him? Give Brady a minute and he could score a touchdown, even with no time outs left. He failed but was hurt by dropped passes (not the "hail Mary" but earlier). The point is it wasn't about the score - the Giants would always take the lead - but about time and timeouts. The game is more subtle than 3 versus 7 points.
You're telling me nobody's missed a chip shot field goal before? In that kind of tense situation, in fact the most high pressure moment you'll ever get in a kicker's career? Add in the fact if they get a field goal then all the Patriots need is a field goal and you can get one of those from nearly half way.

The simple, inarguable fact is that a team should always take the points offered, not the ones they might get. The TD is the right decision there, every time.

Also, everyone is misinterpreting Bradshaw's td. The orders probably were to kill as much time as possible, use up another down or two. But Bradshaw himself DID mean to score. He falters at the goal line to kill another second or two- his fall was far too controlled to be him "trying (and failing) to stop on the one inch line."

The commentator's got it wrong. He was slowing himself down, but they misinterpreted it and they all ran with "he couldn't stop himself! omg drama!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vwr9-tqvhg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look at the calm way he sits down ffs. Of course he meant to score. (Watch it with the histrionic sound off, if it helps.)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:48 pm

I won't argue, Jakerbeef, since there seems no point. If Bradshaw had stopped the field goal would have come with virtually no time, if any, left. Kickers would miss one in a thousand in front and in that close but it could happen. You need to be inside the 35 to have a better than even chance of getting a field goal, which would have been practically impossible for the Pats with only a second or two left on the clock. With a minute left Brady would march up field and score a touchdown one time or more in ten. I have no doubt Bradshaw intended to score as you said, despite orders not to, but this just makes him selfish. And had Brady come back with a TD Bradshaw would be one of the biggest goats in the history of the game. He turned a nailed on victory into 57 seconds of white-knuckles. However, nothing will convince you that you are incorrect and you prefer to say all others, including Manning and his coach, are wrong. Fine - it's all about opinions I suppose.