Super League XVII

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Super League XVII

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:54 am

They'd end up with plenty of fullbacks!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:19 am

Great game last night. Intensity was a level above anything else served up this season so far. Saints have a long way to go to get near either Wire or WIgan in the next 2 weeks.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Turned into a bit of a Union game with all the penalty kicks but that's what you get when you've got a nutter like Luaki (sp) on your side giving away penalties!

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:20 pm

Well well well. Where did that come from? After saying that Wigan and Wire laid down the marker on Friday night, Saints more than showed they can step up to it. Battering the champions like that was an incredible effort. Massive improvement on recent weeks from everyone. Whether that is due to a simple change in attitude following the departure of Simmons we will never know!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:19 pm

Saints seriously stuffing the Wire tonight #onesided
May the bridges I burn light your way

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Saints seriously stuffing the Wire tonight #onesided
Bad weekend alround for teams called wolves :mrgreen: . Just so happy to have the Saints back who made me fall in love with rugby league. They've been playing some great stuff the last 2 weeks. Good Friday can't come soon enough!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:20 pm

Saw about half hour in't bar at Victoria station, right dicking!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:21 pm

jimbo wrote:
Bad weekend alround for teams called wolves :mrgreen: . Just so happy to have the Saints back who made me fall in love with rugby league. They've been playing some great stuff the last 2 weeks. Good Friday can't come soon enough!
We're not worried 8)

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:18 am

Gail Platz wrote:
jimbo wrote:
We're not worried 8)

8)

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:36 am

Are you going jimbo? I can't wait, Good Friday derby is the best fixture of the year for me, I always prefer it at St Helens too! Will be having a few warm up beers in Wigan first and then catching the short train ride there.... hope the roof doesn't blow off again!

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:57 am

I'm not actually. I was pretty sluggish getting tickets for it with not knowing whether I'll be around. Gutted as it'll be the first home game I've missed this season, and after the good fun at Warrington this week I'm really annoyed. Will have to make do with Sky for the afternoon. It's a real 50/50 game IMO. We couldn't have had a better lead up, but to play at that level for a third straight week would be a big ask. Just need to hope the forwards can lay the platform they have recently for the likes of Roby/Wilkin/Lomax to punch through little holes and make breaks. Perry and Laffranchi have really stepped up and are looking like fulfilling their expectations.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:37 am

Well. What to say? Saints were poor yesterday, beaten by the better side. We were nailed on the penalty count in the first half, and whenever we did get the ball, we gave it up far too easily, and our kicking game was terrible. Lucky to go in at the break still in it (what a tackle by Soliola on Hughes by the way).

Second half we started well, building pressure and momentum on the back of a few penalties. Unfortunately with losing Lomax early on it left all the link-up play to Hohaia, who had a stinker, meaning we didn't make it count. The turning point for me was the penalty Perry gave away on half way. Shocking decision by Bentham, where Hock has clearly walked off the mark 5 paces before being pushed back by Perry. What should have been a penalty to us, went Wigan's way, who pinged it into the corner and scored off the back of it to take it to 18-10.

Just seems to be a week where things have gone against Saints a bit. 2 Ridiculous bans for Wellens and Laffranchi meaning they sat out, and we didn't cope with that too well. Just hope Wilkin and Lomax get back on the pitch soon after what looked like pretty bad injuries.

Oh, can't think of many people I hate more than Gareth Hock. The guy is a grade A bell who is lucky to have a career

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:45 pm

Catalans putting 44 past Wire

:lol:

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:02 pm

So far this weekend we've lost Lomax, Wilkin, Puletua, Gardner and Wheeler. Still 20 minutes to go at Castleford as well :wall:

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:19 pm

COME ON CAS!!!

Wire and Stains losing would put a slight smile on my face after the Newcastle game today.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Gail Platz wrote:Catalans putting 44 past Wire

:lol:
There won't be many teams beating the Dragons at home this season, they look formidable!
The Voice Of Reason

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:31 am

Worth a mention how poor Widnes were last Friday. Comfortably the worst performance I've ever seen from a Super League side. Saints hardly broke sweat but still managed to run up a 62-0 win. They're becoming a bit of a laughing stock.

spraggy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by spraggy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:18 pm

Off to watch Leigh this afternoon - nice day for it!

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri May 04, 2012 2:50 pm

So, it now appears Wigan Warriors are behind both the football and private functions when it comes to getting use of the DW stadium. The whole arrangements for next weekend are a farce, and have now resulted in the away stand being closed. Great stuff

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 04, 2012 2:53 pm

jimbo wrote:So, it now appears Wigan Warriors are behind both the football and private functions when it comes to getting use of the DW stadium. The whole arrangements for next weekend are a farce, and have now resulted in the away stand being closed. Great stuff
Sorry, mate, but you're going to have to explain that one to me :?
May the bridges I burn light your way