What are you eating and drinking tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: What are you eating and drinking tonight?

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed May 30, 2012 9:30 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I'm tasked with looking after a couple of Italian visitors next week. Where's the best place to take them in Manny for lunch on Wednesday? Think on, lunch not dinner. Expense isn't a concern. Gang? Does Albert's Shed do lunch?
El Rincon?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed May 30, 2012 9:43 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:I'm tasked with looking after a couple of Italian visitors next week. Where's the best place to take them in Manny for lunch on Wednesday? Think on, lunch not dinner. Expense isn't a concern. Gang? Does Albert's Shed do lunch?
El Rincon?
Get em into the Wetherspoons and introduce them to 'no teeth' Mick, 'one arm' Harry and 'blind' Tony.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 31, 2012 1:09 am

TD has it for me, went for lunch a while back and was ace. Ferdinand's I've heard described as nowt but shit.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 31, 2012 9:01 am

El Rincon's my favourite place on earth, but maybe a little too, shall we say...... bohemian for the occasion. I'm now being recommended someone or others chop house with a statue of Lowry in it. Anyone? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

dave1980
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dave1980 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:47 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:El Rincon's my favourite place on earth, but maybe a little too, shall we say...... bohemian for the occasion. I'm now being recommended someone or others chop house with a statue of Lowry in it. Anyone? :conf:
That'll be either Sam's or Tom's Chops House. Both are the same company, Tom's is on Cross Street and t'other one is round the corner Back Pool Fold.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 31, 2012 11:56 am

Cheers Dave. It's the one around the corner that was recco'd.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu May 31, 2012 12:37 pm

Lunch.......Dinner...........Supper............if you're in Manchester, the only place to go is Rusholme, preferably the Lal Hawelli or the Shazan
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 31, 2012 12:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:El Rincon's my favourite place on earth, but maybe a little too, shall we say...... bohemian for the occasion. I'm now being recommended someone or others chop house with a statue of Lowry in it. Anyone? :conf:
That's about the only word I would have accepted to describe any unsuitability of El Rincon, but yes, point taken. Good choice. :mrgreen:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 31, 2012 6:58 pm

I've been to one of the chop-houses. Was belting. The long thin one round the back of St Annes
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 31, 2012 8:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Mancinis always in San Carlo and because Italian food is varied I wouldn't have an issue taking them there. Big menu and top draw.
OK, booked San Carlo. Would have loved to have gone to Caine's place, and regardless of what I said re-expense, £72 a skull without wine, £110 with, for lunch, would certainly see the piss-taker's card being played.

I'll let you know how it goes and, more importantly, what the Italians make of it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 31, 2012 8:21 pm

One for future reference is Cocotoo's under the railway arches on Whitworth Street West. Had a couple of Christmas do's there and remembered Pavarotti dined there a couple of times when he was in the City. Sistine Chapel effect ceilings and all that, but the food was always decent and the prices must have been okay for us to go there. :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 31, 2012 8:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: Mancinis always in San Carlo and because Italian food is varied I wouldn't have an issue taking them there. Big menu and top draw.
OK, booked San Carlo. Would have loved to have gone to Caine's place, and regardless of what I said re-expense, £72 a skull without wine, £110 with, for lunch, would certainly see the piss-taker's card being played.

I'll let you know how it goes and, more importantly, what the Italians make of it.
Jeez, feel the pressure now. Hope they enjoy. It's always been good when I've gone.

Abode also do a lunch menu that is more normal, 5 courses for £23. So next time that's an option. Just showed you the tasting menu based on what you said re expenses..... :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 31, 2012 8:38 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:One for future reference is Cocotoo's under the railway arches on Whitworth Street West. Had a couple of Christmas do's there and remembered Pavarotti dined there a couple of times when he was in the City. Sistine Chapel effect ceilings and all that, but the food was always decent and the prices must have been okay for us to go there. :wink:
A new one on me that, Tango. Cheers. :oyea:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 31, 2012 8:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abode also do a lunch menu that is more normal, 5 courses for £23. So next time that's an option. Just showed you the tasting menu based on what you said re expenses..... :wink:
feck. Would've done that had I seen it.

No pressure, Chief. I'm quite sure that Terry Manc can eat where he likes, and if he chooses to eat there then I'm sure it'll be just fine.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 31, 2012 8:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:One for future reference is Cocotoo's under the railway arches on Whitworth Street West. Had a couple of Christmas do's there and remembered Pavarotti dined there a couple of times when he was in the City. Sistine Chapel effect ceilings and all that, but the food was always decent and the prices must have been okay for us to go there. :wink:
Here's a link and write up you can bookmark, Bruce, for future ref:

http://www.alastairbathgate.com/2008/03 ... anchester/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 31, 2012 9:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Here's a link and write up you can bookmark, Bruce, for future ref:

http://www.alastairbathgate.com/2008/03 ... anchester/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers, Tango. I'll check it out for sure.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu May 31, 2012 10:44 pm

Just made Mr GG and i a hot drink. Normally we have tea. I decided to ring the changes tonight and have a hot blackcurrant - which i absently mindedly added a good splosh of milk to after finishing making Mr GG's tea. :oops: Nice....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 31, 2012 10:51 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Just made Mr GG and i a hot drink. Normally we have tea. I decided to ring the changes tonight and have a hot blackcurrant - which i absently mindedly added a good splosh of milk to after finishing making Mr GG's tea. :oops: Nice....
Let it go cold then make blackcurrant milk lollies out of it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 31, 2012 10:52 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Just made Mr GG and i a hot drink. Normally we have tea. I decided to ring the changes tonight and have a hot blackcurrant - which i absently mindedly added a good splosh of milk to after finishing making Mr GG's tea. :oops: Nice....
Hot Ribena or hot blackcurrant tea? I'm sure both will positively benefit from a good splosh of milk. :)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu May 31, 2012 10:53 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Hot Ribena or hot blackcurrant tea? I'm sure both will positively benefit from a good splosh of milk. :)
Hot ribena (well, apple and blacurrant squash from the co-op)