The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

BWFC76
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC76 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:09 pm

I think things are pretty good in the UK. Perhaps I would like to see the Puclic sector cut some more to save on my Taxes but all in all things are pretty good....
Means we'll miss out Monday, but come up smiling Tuesday morning.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:17 pm

NSFW, particularly if you work in thw whips office.

http://s1.b3ta.com/host/creative/6776/1 ... n400px.jpg

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:08 pm

BWFC76 wrote:I think things are pretty good in the UK. Perhaps I would like to see the Puclic sector cut some more to save on my Taxes but all in all things are pretty good....
Perhaps if you have a heart attack youd be happy to pay your own, non subsidised bus fare, to get to the hospital, and then hand in your credit card before receiving any treatment.

Perhaps under such a system everyone could pay lower taxes.

And do you get any prescriptions? Cos then you could pay pharmaceutical company prices. Have a look at the good old US of A for info.

And perhaps if you have or intend to have children you can home educate them. Save a whole lot of tax there. Of course you couldn't have a job that easily for 15 years of so. But heck you'd be saving on tax even more by virtue of that.

Bin collections, not really needed. You could dig a really big, really deep hole and bury it in your garden. Or maybe drive to another country and find a tip. We wouldn't be wanting to run any otherwise you might have to pay for them.

BWFC76
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BWFC76 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:24 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
BWFC76 wrote:I think things are pretty good in the UK. Perhaps I would like to see the Puclic sector cut some more to save on my Taxes but all in all things are pretty good....
Perhaps if you have a heart attack youd be happy to pay your own, non subsidised bus fare, to get to the hospital, and then hand in your credit card before receiving any treatment.

And do you get any prescriptions? Cos then you could pay pharmaceutical company prices. Have a look at the good old US of A for info.

And perhaps if you have or intend to have children you can home educate them. Save a whole lot of tax there. Of course you couldn't have a job that easily for 15 years of so. But heck you'd be saving on tax even more by virtue of that.

Bin collections, not really needed. You could dig a really big, really deep hole and bury it in your garden. Or maybe drive to another country and find a tip. We wouldn't be wanting to run any otherwise you might have to pay for them.
Front line public sector works only account for about 15% of all the public sector, so there is plenty of fat to cut without resorting to your exaggerated scenario. :lol:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:27 pm

BWFC76 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Front line public sector works only account for about 15% of all the public sector, so there is plenty of fat to cut without resorting to your exaggerated scenario. :lol:
and just where have you conjured that figure from?

also please define front line.

BWFC76
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BWFC76 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:38 pm

jaffka wrote:
BWFC76 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/brit ... -story/4od" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

see if you can stomach to watch it

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:43 pm

BWFC76 wrote:
jaffka wrote:
BWFC76 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/brit ... -story/4od" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

no interest in following links, I asked you to define something, which you ignored, this is your second chance :wink:

BWFC76
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BWFC76 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:46 pm

If you have no interest then you will undertsand if I ignore you too.

bye bye

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:47 pm

BWFC76 wrote:If you have no interest then you will undertsand if I ignore you too.

bye bye
at the risk of offending you... oh - go on, I will - you sound like a bit of a tit....

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:49 pm

BWFC76 wrote:If you have no interest then you will undertsand if I ignore you too.

bye bye
sounds like the way out of someone who has just shown their arse

do I give you a third chance?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:54 pm

BWFC76 wrote:
jaffka wrote:
BWFC76 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, I'll take anything Martin Durkin says as Gospel.

Go look at the other roaring successes he's produced, that have been challenged by some of the participants on them as being edited to mis-represent what they said...

He's hardly an unbiased opinion in this space.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:14 pm

BWFC76 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Nonsense.

Mind you've quoted a bloke who seems to think he knows more than the vast majority of the entire scientific world.

But essentially what you mean is you want to keep all the public services you personally 'approve of' and by that we should read 'use, want and need' but scrap the rest, if there are any, and pay less, because ultimately you are just that important.

That's what you really mean. Don't beat about the bush, you want to get everything you need and want without paying for it.

And you don't want or care about society or anyone else in it.

At least be honest without making up numbers.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:15 pm

pssst... I think he's just being a WUM

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:38 pm

thebish wrote:pssst... I think he's just being a WUM
or a cock

IMO I wonder about most of these new accounts since relegation that they are fans from other clubs on a WUM mission.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:00 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Well, theres a thing. Its interesting that Bobo, for example, opens a new thread to criticique the nepotism of Greece (and I'm fairly certain you've criticised the "Mediterranean approach" only recently...). Yet at the same time we have a couple of chums from The Bullingdon Club running the country and its capital city...
I'm sure they're just perfectly qualified to do so.
I think I was talking about a Mediterranean approach to tax and cash-in-hand.

Do you honestly think the fact that Cameron and Osborne were friends at one of the country's two world class universities is in itself troubling? I think in a field like politics (and there are others), long-term friendships, trust and loyalty must have a significance that goes beyond nepotism and jobs for the boys. If I ever reach a senior position in politics or business, I'm sure my contemporaries at Cambridge would be top of my list of people I want to work with.
Lord Kangana wrote: We have large companies negotiating their own tax....
I know you know it isn't as simple as this.

Of all the challenges posed by globalisation, one of the things that ALL the rich western countries have failed to cope with so far is the challenge of collecting tax revenues from international businesses. This is party because it's just bloody complicated and hard to do, and partly because the balance being appropriately tough and collecting the right amount and scaring companies off to be based/do business elsewhere (as is newly possible in the globalised world) has yet to be adequately thrashed out. We are in the early days of facing this challenge and this is the context in which the deals which many of us find troubling but understandable have to be viewed.
Lord Kangana wrote:
We have a financial system with no discernable rules..
We and every other rich country has made mistakes with financial regulation. This doesn't mark us out as a tin-pot banana republic.
Lord Kangana wrote: We have a political system awash with corruption and in bed with the press...
What corruption are you speaking of? Our corruption levels are the envy of most of the world.

So our political elites have been found to be closely linked to elites in journalism. You think this is a new and unusual phenomenon? At least in this country these things make into the light of day in the medium term, and we have a free press that is not under direct political direction. When your politicians woo the press that's normal - it's when they own it that you have a problem.
Lord Kangana wrote:We have the Police having been found, by an independent panel, to be guilty of of manslaughter and perjury on a grand scale...
Both of those things are inaccurate if you're talking about Hillsborough. (And this will be the 'independent' panel led by the Bishop of Liverpool?)
Lord Kangana wrote:We have a a senior politician referring to the police as "f*cking plebs". Or perhaps he didn't. Perhaps they're lying again..
A minor domestic political incident - I happen to think he should go, but it's not something the rest of the world knows or cares about.
Lord Kangana wrote:We have a growing gap between rich and poor, a massive fiscal deficit and are reducing our welfare spending (indeed, having only just returned from Madrid, I can report my pleasure at seeing the disabled getting off their collective backsides and making ends meet by begging on the streets)...
We're one of the few countries in the world that still has a AAA credit rating and also have one of the highest levels of welfare in the world - you've given one good example of another Western country that has things much, much worse. I've recently spent a lot of time in Italy and they'd kill for our political and fiscal situation.
Lord Kangana wrote:So, now that I've answered why its similar, perhaps you could do me the courtesy of pointing out the major differences?
We've got our problems, but whatever your grumbles du jour, we're still a lot better off than most and a long way away from being or even appearing as a tin-pot banana republic. Where are the countries you would like to hold up as a shining example to aspire to?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:05 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote: Our corruption levels are the envy of most of the world.
:lmfao:
You said it... even tin pot dictatorships can't manage to match the level of corruption in this neck o' the woods.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:30 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote: Our corruption levels are the envy of most of the world.
:lmfao:
You said it... even tin pot dictatorships can't manage to match the level of corruption in this neck o' the woods.
http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2011/results/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.worldaudit.org/corruption.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:55 pm

:doh:
you said... our corruption levels are the envy of most of the world. As in the rest of the world are envious of the level of corruption we are running. As in you said we... Oh never mind :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:02 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote::doh:
you said... our corruption levels are the envy of most of the world. As in the rest of the world are envious of the level of corruption we are running. As in you said we... Oh never mind :wink:
:conf:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:07 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote::doh:
:conf:
smile and walk away, mummy!! :wink: