What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:39 pm

New Dexter tonight, followed by Defiance on Blu Ray which I recently bought. Never seen it before.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Gone for The Bourne Ultimatum....although this may get turned off.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:09 pm

Monday turning into a good night for telly - Paul O'Grady and his dogs, 999 emergency madness in Blackpool, Bundesliga. Not bad!

Last night, the return of Homeland - brilliant. Carrie's smile after she decked the man following her around in Beiruit was one of the TV highlights of the entire year for me

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:59 pm

Il Pirate wrote:
William the White wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Beefheart wrote:Just watched a french film (with English subtitles) called Three Colours Blue, it was really good. Part of a trilogy (the others being White and Red), looking forward to watching the other two.
Is that by the same bloke who did "the Cook, his Wife, his Lover and his Dog" or somesuch title?
No idea.
It is not - The Cook, the Thief, his Wife and her Lover was made by English director Peter Greenaway.

The Three Colours Trilogy by Polish (I think) director Krisrzyatof Kieslowski...

i can't think of anything connecting them that made you put them together - other than neither is box office but much admired...

William is correct with the director, the trilogy is based on the Fench Tri colour, Blue, White, Red & deals with (some of ) the themes of the French republic. Blue - Liberty, White-Egality, Red- Fraternity. Red is for me, the strangest of the three, with it's main theme of voyerism. White is my favourite and Blue, the 'first' of the trilogy deals with freedom. Juliet Binoche, coming to terms with life alone. All three have an overarching sense of losing things most dear and the need to start again. The films are ok to while away a few hours, but personally I don't think they are as good as some make them out to be. I remember one of them (Red IIRC?) Winning the palm d'or over Pulp Fiction at the Cannes film festival.
Just watched White. Have to agree, probably enjoyed it more than Blue. Maybe Red tomorrow. Anyone have any recommendations for when I've done with these?

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:06 pm

You may as well close this thread now as nothing posted beyond this post will come close to what I watched tonight.

The Odeon at Printworks in Manchester shows a classic film every Monday for £4.

Tonight's was Ghostbusters. It was simply amazing!

It wasn't any ordinary showing of a film, they used an original 35mm version with the lines and crackling sound. The vintage aspect made it one of the greatest cinema experiences of my life. You can have your surround sound and 3D imax, I'd prefer this any day of the week!

For those interested in films coming up:

http://www.theprintworks.com/the_movies ... _at_odeon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
15th October - American Psycho
22nd October - The Lost Boys
29th October - Friday 13th (2009 Version)
5th November - The Exorcist
12th November - Rocky IV
19th November - The Karate Kid
26th November - Leon
3rd December - Top Gun
10th December - The Last Crusade

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:44 pm

I didn't know about this. Great idea!

Quite fancy Leon. Ghostbusters would have been fantastic though.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:49 pm

I'd rather be punched in the testicles than watch Ghostbusters, or the Karate Kid, or Top Gun.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:56 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:I think it's overrated, personally.

You watch X Factor, but you thought that was overrated! Dear me :D.

How had I gone so long without seeing that film?! Fantastic. Sad, funny, clever, brilliantly acted. Awesome.

I do worry that I haven't watched, or read anything that I haven't really enjoyed recently!

Panic over. Wasted an hour and a half of my life with The Whole Nine Yards tonight. Pish. I'm a big Matthew Perry fan but even he, and Amanda Peet's fantastic rack couldn't save it.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:18 am

keveh wrote:You may as well close this thread now as nothing posted beyond this post will come close to what I watched tonight.

The Odeon at Printworks in Manchester shows a classic film every Monday for £4.

Tonight's was Ghostbusters. It was simply amazing!

It wasn't any ordinary showing of a film, they used an original 35mm version with the lines and crackling sound. The vintage aspect made it one of the greatest cinema experiences of my life. You can have your surround sound and 3D imax, I'd prefer this any day of the week!

For those interested in films coming up:

http://www.theprintworks.com/the_movies ... _at_odeon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
15th October - American Psycho
22nd October - The Lost Boys
29th October - Friday 13th (2009 Version)
5th November - The Exorcist
12th November - Rocky IV
19th November - The Karate Kid
26th November - Leon
3rd December - Top Gun
10th December - The Last Crusade
Thanks for the heads up. Probably the one that stands out is The Exorcist on a big screen, I was quite underwhelmed when I saw on in the box. I suspect its a movie that would make a difference watching it at a cinema. Even though I've missed it, a double bill of Alien/Aliens for £4 is great value.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:29 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:I'd rather be punched in the testicles than watch Ghostbusters, or the Karate Kid, or Top Gun.
Top Gun I can give or take, Karate Kid is a classic (mainly for nostalgic reasons).

Ghostbusters however is a different level to those two. The script writing is brilliant with so many great one liners in it. In fact I think it's the dialogue that is by far my favourite part of the movie, I forgot how funny it actually is.

The best thing about last night is that it was a different to watching any new release, people who were there had already seen the film (probably ten times over) and were there simply to see one of the favourite films on the big screen. The atmosphere was great.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:33 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:I'd rather be punched in the testicles than watch Ghostbusters, or the Karate Kid, or Top Gun.
Dude...Karate Kid is a classic piece of cinema and forms part of one of the most consistent trilogies ever. (I don't speak of Karate Kid IV (with Hilary Swank instead of Ralph Maccio).

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:44 am

Beefheart wrote:
Dude...Karate Kid is a classic piece of cinema and forms part of one of the most consistent trilogies ever. (I don't speak of Karate Kid IV (with Hilary Swank instead of Ralph Maccio).
Nope. Still rather be punched in the testicles, my old cock sparrow. I saw a bit of one the other Christmas. Not for me, I'm afraid. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:30 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
Nope. Still rather be punched in the testicles, my old cock sparrow. I saw a bit of one the other Christmas. Not for me, I'm afraid. ;)
This is pretty funny though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7j0wrTa-Bg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:37 am

how frickin ace is this series of Boardwalk!!! watched eps 3 & 4 last night, so so good.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Watched 1st ep of Fresh Meat season 2 from the other night last night.
Good stuff, even though it's full of filthy dirty students.
Businesswoman of the year.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:48 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Watched 1st ep of Fresh Meat season 2 from the other night last night.
Good stuff, even though it's full of filthy dirty students.
I'm torn on it.

On the one hand you've got....

Who is a definite thumbs up from me.

On the other hand you've got Jack Whitehall, who is irritating in the extreme.

So I watch and half enjoy, and half don't......

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:53 pm

There's something on tonight called The Plane Crash where (and I'm quoting The Times here) scientists deliberately crash a plane to observe the effects on a plane and its passengers. :shock:

I'd suggest that anybody flying out of Manchester tonight on a nine o'clock flight maybe ought to rethink their plans.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:55 pm

I'm going to watch that I think. I'll record it anyway, if I don't get the chance.. Looks interesting to say the least
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:45 pm

boltonboris wrote:I'm going to watch that I think. I'll record it anyway, if I don't get the chance.. Looks interesting to say the least
I wouldn't bother. They'll have it on the black box. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:46 pm

I think I'm the only person in the world who actually likes Jack Whitehall! Apart from Bad Education. Which is pish.

Anyway, tough choice between Josie and Oregon.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.