General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:20 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:I need a derogatory adjective or noun to describes the sort of person who frequents a members club where they insist on jacket & tie, ban mobile phones, are snooty & probably inherently racist, aristocratic wannabe, ignorant. You know the sort, old boy what what ???
Henrys.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:22 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:I need a derogatory adjective or noun to describes the sort of person who frequents a members club where they insist on jacket & tie, ban mobile phones, are snooty & probably inherently racist, aristocratic wannabe, ignorant. You know the sort, old boy what what ???
A Jamie's?
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:21 pm

Golf Club or Golfer? :wink:
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:14 pm

Woosteresque
Upscalesoutherner
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Tory
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:57 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Woosteresque
Upscalesoutherner
Bertie Woosters. Perfect. :D

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:20 pm

Blimey......that was somewhat unexpected.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:10 pm

Sales Lead.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:16 pm

Bunch o' feckin' Romneys
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Arsenal.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Just been told off at work for calling somebody's cream of chicken soup Jewish penicilin. How ridiculous is that? I mean, it was even called that in a Woody Allen film, which makes it kosher, surely?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:17 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Just been told off at work for calling somebody's cream of chicken soup Jewish penicilin. How ridiculous is that? I mean, it was even called that in a Woody Allen film, which makes it kosher, surely?
It would depend on how you were told off and by whom. Jewish people invent the best Jewish jokes and I expect that one was used in the Borscht Belt (Jewish Alps) before Woody used it. Jews do not tend to take offense at that type of joke. Non-Jews may feel that it is politically incorrect to say such things as Jews might find it offensive - and so tell you off. If it was the boss who told you, apologize and say no offense was intended. If a non-Jew on behalf of Jews, tell him/her it was a Jewish joke invented by a Jew and they have a great sense of humour - emulate them. If a Jew, apologize and explain it was a Woody Allen joke and you thought it harmless.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Just been told off at work for calling somebody's cream of chicken soup Jewish penicilin. How ridiculous is that? I mean, it was even called that in a Woody Allen film, which makes it kosher, surely?
It would depend on how you were told off and by whom. Jewish people invent the best Jewish jokes and I expect that one was used in the Borscht Belt (Jewish Alps) before Woody used it. Jews do not tend to take offense at that type of joke. Non-Jews may feel that it is politically incorrect to say such things as Jews might find it offensive - and so tell you off. If it was the boss who told you, apologize and say no offense was intended. If a non-Jew on behalf of Jews, tell him/her it was a Jewish joke invented by a Jew and they have a great sense of humour - emulate them. If a Jew, apologize and explain it was a Woody Allen joke and you thought it harmless.
It was a low-life interfering non-Jew on behalf of all Jews. It wasn't her soup, she just stuck her big non-Jewish snozzle in. I told her to fxck off, but I quite often do. I've had it in for her ever since she got my dog banned from work.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I've had it in for her ever since she got my dog banned from work.
tell her it's a Jewish dog....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:40 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I've had it in for her ever since she got my dog banned from work.
tell her it's a Jewish dog....
:D

... and that I've trained it to sniff out Nazis.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote: It was a low-life interfering non-Jew on behalf of all Jews. It wasn't her soup, she just stuck her big non-Jewish snozzle in. I told her to fxck off, but I quite often do. I've had it in for her ever since she got my dog banned from work.
I think her sister used to work at our place. Always trying to look good by putting everyone in their place. She did get told to, er, do one by quite a few (including me). Thing is, a lot of races take the pxss out of themselves in joke, but don't like others doing it. I once repeated a Jewish joke by Jackie Mason, a well-known Jewish comedien, on another forum and a couple of Jewish guys threw an outrage wobbler almost on a war scale. Only a couple of months back an Irishman sued a cruise line (successfully) because a comedien told an Irish joke at a concert on board. Weird world we live in.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:09 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote: It was a low-life interfering non-Jew on behalf of all Jews. It wasn't her soup, she just stuck her big non-Jewish snozzle in. I told her to fxck off, but I quite often do. I've had it in for her ever since she got my dog banned from work.
I think her sister used to work at our place. Always trying to look good by putting everyone in their place. She did get told to, er, do one by quite a few (including me). Thing is, a lot of races take the pxss out of themselves in joke, but don't like others doing it. I once repeated a Jewish joke by Jackie Mason, a well-known Jewish comedien, on another forum and a couple of Jewish guys threw an outrage wobbler almost on a war scale. Only a couple of months back an Irishman sued a cruise line (successfully) because a comedien told an Irish joke at a concert on board. Weird world we live in.
It certainly is TD.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:16 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sounds a bit odd to me - there must be more to it than that. What's your source?

Never mind - found it.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:21 pm

It was a second incident after he had complained earlier about a first (and been given a thousand quid). He didn't win the law suit but it was settled out of court.
The case was due to be heard at the Manchester Civil Justice centre but has been settled out of court.

Wolfe, who represented himself during proceedings, said he couldn't comment on the settlement, but it is believed to be a five-figure sum. The claim that he had been a victim of racial discrimination was struck out by the court.

At a hearing in May, District Judge Anthony Harrison said the case centred on whether Carnival was "vicariously liable" - that is, whether they were responsible for the actions of the comedians. Carnival argued that as the comedians were employed by a sub-contractor - and not directly by them - it is not responsible for the offensive jokes.

The company also claims that as the alleged incidents took place outside UK waters, they do not fall under the jurisdiction of its laws. It argues that a settlement was reached with Wolfe following his first complaint and because he was given £1,000 worth of vouchers, this effectively precluded him pursuing a further complaint.

A P&O spokesperson said: "We can confirm that this case has been resolved amicably out of court to the satisfaction of both parties."

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:33 pm

Had a bit of a shock at work today. Had just parked up on a side street and was ringing a contact from one of the agencies we work with. Whilst i'm in the car I notice this old lady walking past with a carrier bag in each hand. Am just in the middle of leaving a voicemail and I see the poor old dear fall over. Now I'm not talking about a stumble or a slip, but a splat where she landed face first on the pavement.

God knows what message I left on the voicemail - something like "Oh feck" before I ran over to her. She was face down, still had hold of both carrier bags, glasses smashed on the floor and was just spewing blood out of her face.

Operator told me to hold a tissue to the worst bleeding area. Took about 10 minutes for Paramedics to arrive and even after bandaging her up, blood was still pouring out. Like a geriatric Terry Butcher if you will. Ambulance takes her away leaving me on the street covered in blood. I had to go and knock on a nearby door and ask the householder if I could clean up. At first glance they must have thought I'd murdered someone, I was soaked in the stuff. Just glad it was a clean looking old lady and not some druggy hepatitis risk (I might have been tempted to pretend not to have seen and driven off!)
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"