What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:51 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:Kill List.....any good? On Film 4 tonight.

Ace
Have you tasted Lilyhammer?
nope, but i have just happened across the first 3 episodes! that'll do for the train!...

First impressions I thought it was terrible, but then I realised it was a comedy... It is a comedy isn't it!? Either way I'm kinda compelled to watch more....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:42 am

hmmm - watched this last night... kinda wish I hadn't - I'm still squeamish when it comes to watching a man tied to a chair having all his bones smashed with a hammer and then the head smashed in with said hammer... in glorious close-up technicolour...

we had to watch the whole My Super Ex-Girlfriend as an post film anaesthetic/antidote!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:50 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:

Ace
Have you tasted Lilyhammer?
nope, but i have just happened across the first 3 episodes! that'll do for the train!...

First impressions I thought it was terrible, but then I realised it was a comedy... It is a comedy isn't it!? Either way I'm kinda compelled to watch more....
I'm not 100% sure it is... watched an episode whilst at M-i-L's house... I have seen it described as "Heartbeat with snowboots and swearwords" - which I thought summed it up quite well!

but then - I think it has been unfairly reviewed as all the reviewers seem to want to compare it to Borgen or The Killing because they are scandinavian too...

benn
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by benn » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:03 pm

Breaking Bad, series 5 episode 5.

Best TV serial i have ever watched (previously was Das Boot)

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:10 pm

The Inbetweeners Movie......it was ok....not decadent, but ok.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:32 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:The Inbetweeners Movie......it was ok....not decadent, but ok.
IMO that type of comedy is better suited to a series.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:35 pm

jaffka wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:The Inbetweeners Movie......it was ok....not decadent, but ok.
:D

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:36 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
jaffka wrote:
:D
:conf:

:fingers:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:37 pm

:roll:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote::roll:
:lol:

:fingers:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:38 pm

:crazy:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote::crazy:
dy:)

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:41 pm

:bored:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote::bored:
:zzz:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:25 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Not tonight, but maybe tomorrow. Checked to see what the good people are sending me next - Another Year.

Reviews seem to either love it or hate it.

Any views from here?
It's exactly what it says - another year. Brilliantly acted, no big reveal, no anything. Just a great tale of a year in the life of a family and the challenges of age and of interpersonal relationships. I fecking loved it mate, for as much as for anything, listening to Jim Broadbent and Ruth Sheen have those conversations that you knew your parents had about you, but preferred to believe that they didn't.
General Mannerheim wrote:Another Year the Mike Leigh film, With Jim Broadbent? Yeah really enjoyed it. Typical Leigh, no real plot more an observation. Really brilliantly acted tho, especially the lady who plays the tragic Mary. Good film.
Spot on, gents. I loved it. I read a book by Stephen King about writing in which he says stories aren't about plots, that a good writer can write a brilliant story where nothing happens. Someone else said what sets the best writers apart is dialogue. Both hold true for this. Feck all happens but the conversations are fantastic. Mary is fab.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:19 am

jaffka wrote:
It is. The film wasn't bad at all, but an hour and a half of the same 'jokes' or lines that you know are coming kind of becomes predictable and the "funnies" lose a bit of impact.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:15 am

Was lent the DVD of 'Prometheus'. Cutting edge Sci-fi it is not. I loved Alien and Blade Runner but Prometheus is not worth the pixels it takes up on my screen: same old same old, right down to the android having his head ripped off and continuing to talk; even a pastiche of the alien erupting from the stomach only this time under do-it-yourself surgery. :zzz:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

benn
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by benn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:29 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Was lent the DVD of 'Prometheus'. Cutting edge Sci-fi it is not. I loved Alien and Blade Runner but Prometheus is not worth the pixels it takes up on my screen: same old same old, right down to the android having his head ripped off and continuing to talk; even a pastiche of the alien erupting from the stomach only this time under do-it-yourself surgery. :zzz:
really? i thought it was an intriguing insight into the origin of the fossilised alien found in the ship in the first alien film. in finding those and the monster aliens did you expect them creatures to have suddenly become civilised and passed the chewing gum around?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:35 am

benn wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Was lent the DVD of 'Prometheus'. Cutting edge Sci-fi it is not. I loved Alien and Blade Runner but Prometheus is not worth the pixels it takes up on my screen: same old same old, right down to the android having his head ripped off and continuing to talk; even a pastiche of the alien erupting from the stomach only this time under do-it-yourself surgery. :zzz:
really? i thought it was an intriguing insight into the origin of the fossilised alien found in the ship in the first alien film. in finding those and the monster aliens did you expect them creatures to have suddenly become civilised and passed the chewing gum around?
At no point was it 'explained' why, having created us, they now wanted to destroy us. Nor was it adequately explained why it was that the weapon they were going to use to destroy us actually destroyed them. It was all a big set up for Prometheus II: This Time We Visit The Big Fxckers Planet.
Now that's fair enough in commercial terms, but cutting edge sci-fi it weren't (which both Alien and Blade Runner were). That's my complaint.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

benn
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by benn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
benn wrote:
[At no point was it 'explained' why, having created us, they now wanted to destroy us.]

Yes next film but what is wrong with that?

[Nor was it adequately explained why it was that the weapon they were going to use to destroy us actually destroyed them.]

Erm I thought it was clear that they set up a base on that planet to breed the creatures and it was not their home planet(s) So they were not actually destroyed, some of the creatures actually escaped and they were more or less wiped out

Beats bloody silly Star Wars by a mile but I suppose each to their own