Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:37 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Went to Blackpool last night to watch Simple Minds at the Opera House. Last watched them live in 1989 :shock: . An audience full of 40 & 50 somethings, singing along to all the old hits. Twas beltin :D
I know what you mean. I was at 80s Rewind Dubai not long ago. Heaven 17, ABC, T'pau, Howard Jones and Rick Astley.
Clearly you don't. Simple Minds were a credible act!
What? an audience of 40 and 50 somethings weren't singing along to the old hits? I can assure you they were. Was a good night of nostalgia for most there.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:12 am

Friday night I went to the Bridgewater Hall to watch Ludovico Einaudi.. Absolutely brilliant. Top standard of totty in attendance, too..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:08 pm

My get up and go has got up and gone and I need to walk the dog.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:14 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:My get up and go has got up and gone and I need to walk the dog.

You should have attached the lead to the get up and go.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:My get up and go has got up and gone and I need to walk the dog.
Dog walking isn't an option at our house. 10-30 am and 3-45pm he just comes in from wherever, lies down and stares at me till I get his lead out. That means hail, rain, snow or sunshine are completely irrelevant in his head. Eat, drink, sleep, walk and play all are firmly fixed in his dog clock. Excuses are just not tolerated. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:17 pm

Just got back home from from a long day. It started at 5 O-Clock this morning, to drive my eldest lad from North Wales to Cardiff to have a look at the university. He's thinking of going there next year.

Tomorrow evening, I'm coaching my other son's U15 footy team in a cup semi-final, after which, I'm driving all the way back to South Wales for a business meeting on Friday morning. Oh the joys.
Hope is what keeps us going.

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:55 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Dog walking isn't an option at our house. 10-30 am and 3-45pm he just comes in from wherever, lies down and stares at me till I get his lead out. That means hail, rain, snow or sunshine are completely irrelevant in his head. Eat, drink, sleep, walk and play all are firmly fixed in his dog clock. Excuses are just not tolerated. :wink:
my dog picks up walkies vibes, like me getting a certain coat or boots out - but if the weathers bad he goes hiding!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:15 am

white blood wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
my dog picks up walkies vibes, like me getting a certain coat or boots out - but if the weathers bad he goes hiding!
Not really got into set routine times with Paddy yet, probably should but we do things differently at weekends and Fridays when Mr GG is around more and I don't have to attempt to get 2 year old twins in buggy to take him out. Made the mistake of letting all 3 free on the village common the other day. Son and dog were good, daughter went off charging into the distance. I need more then one pair of hands and legs when out with them all together!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:35 am

Believe it or not, he knows when it's match day. When I get the radio out on Saturdays, he only comes and sits near me about 4-30. I kid you not. That's dog-training. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:48 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Believe it or not, he knows when it's match day. When I get the radio out on Saturdays, he only comes and sits near me about 4-30. I kid you not. That's dog-training. :wink:
My dog too knows if I'm going to a match or not and varies her routine accordingly. She's got me well trained.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:51 pm

Right now, I'm going to head out for a pre-argument beer before I meet the wife.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Press night of Dario Fo's Can't Pay! Won't Pay!' at the Octagon toorrow. Not a patch on his brilliant Accidental Death of an Anarchist but will be interesting to see if the return of the Tories gives it fresh impetus.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:51 pm

My friend's arrived, so a walk up to Affetside it is then (and doubtlessly a taxi back :pissed: )
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:36 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:My friend's arrived, so a walk up to Affetside it is then (and doubtlessly a taxi back :pissed: )
Hope you have a nice few days with him and take his mind off relationship woes!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:55 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:My friend's arrived, so a walk up to Affetside it is then (and doubtlessly a taxi back :pissed: )
Where's that one come from ?

I've searched high & low and see no reference to this ... or are you guessing GG ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:41 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

I've searched high & low and see no reference to this ... or are you guessing GG ?
Believe it or not I sometimes talk to people outside the forum ;)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:43 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Believe it or not I sometimes talk to people outside the forum ;)
As will I in a couple of days, GG.

Thanks for your good wishes. Suffice to say he's not in a great place just now (well he is, he's at mine, but you know what I mean ;) )

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:51 am

James at the MEN tonight. I missed their orchestra tour a couple of years ago so its three years since I've seen them. Dimitris first and then a stroll down to what I am sure will be a great night out.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:04 am

clapton is god wrote:James at the MEN tonight. I missed their orchestra tour a couple of years ago so its three years since I've seen them. Dimitris first and then a stroll down to what I am sure will be a great night out.

Arrrrrgh! Why the Nynex? Why not do the Apollo twice? I refuse to watch anyone play that place.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:08 am

Couldn't agree more, bruce. Tonight is the last night of a UK tour all at cracking smaller venues except last night at Birmingham and tonight.