The Official Xbox 360 Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Official Xbox 360 Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 23, 2013 1:03 pm

2399 wrote:
as wrote:And they're stopping second-hand games, so that'll be £60 a pop per f*cking game then which can't be sold or passed onto my young nephew :shock:

How So?

Just in the UK?

I am Scared :shock:
Nobody knows yet. On the new Xbox and Playstation consoles the games will be automatically installed onto the harddrive and tied via DRM to the console they are installed on.

Neither Microsoft nor Sony have explained what will happen if you then want to transfer the rights to someone else. Some people think they will let people do this, but for a small fee. Others think it won't be allowed at all, and some believe they may even leave it up to individual game developers to decide how they want second hand games to be managed.

IMO they will still allow second hand games, but I can see there being small fees involved. Or perhaps free but a limit to how many times content can be transferred.

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:06 pm

Cheers.

Since I've got the XBOX here how it has been used:

0.4% - Playing Games
70.6% - Playing DVDs
29% - Playing CDs

:?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 23, 2013 1:18 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
2399 wrote:
as wrote:And they're stopping second-hand games, so that'll be £60 a pop per f*cking game then which can't be sold or passed onto my young nephew :shock:

How So?

Just in the UK?

Nobody knows yet. On the new Xbox and Playstation consoles the games will be automatically installed onto the harddrive and tied via DRM to the console they are installed on.

Neither Microsoft nor Sony have explained what will happen if you then want to transfer the rights to someone else. Some people think they will let people do this, but for a small fee. Others think it won't be allowed at all, and some believe they may even leave it up to individual game developers to decide how they want second hand games to be managed.

IMO they will still allow second hand games, but I can see there being small fees involved. Or perhaps free but a limit to how many times content can be transferred.
So. XCOM Enemy Unknown, £50 on an XBOX that I can play only on that XBOX (they do actually talk about being able to play it on a different console via Live login as it happens). Same game on my PC £30, graphics are better, system's better, same x86 architecture as opposed to PowerPC - think I''ll be going back to my PC thanks. Oh and I can install it on one of my other PC's if I want, so some other bugger can play it too.

It's going as proprietary as the fecking iPAD - not seen that before now have we?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 23, 2013 1:28 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
2399 wrote:

How So?

Just in the UK?

So. XCOM Enemy Unknown, £50 on an XBOX that I can play only on that XBOX (they do actually talk about being able to play it on a different console via Live login as it happens). Same game on my PC £30, graphics are better, system's better, same x86 architecture as opposed to PowerPC - think I''ll be going back to my PC thanks. Oh and I can install it on one of my other PC's if I want, so some other bugger can play it too.

It's going as proprietary as the fecking iPAD - not seen that before now have we?
You'll be able to play it on a different Xbox via Xbox Live and the cloud.

So in that respect, no more restrictive than a PC. They're not trying to restrict that, just the passing on of games or second hand sales.

Though nobody knows what they will actually do. They may not restrict it at all.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu May 23, 2013 1:46 pm

as wrote:A large portion of the gaming side has been saved for E3 in early June. The launch was more about showing everything Xbox One can do

Don't people buy consoles to play games on though? I've got a PC for any other rubbish I need to do.....

And they're stopping second-hand games, so that'll be £60 a pop per f*cking game then which can't be sold or passed onto my young nephew :shock:

I'm losing faith in the eggheads, bring back the SNES!
Good old SNES ay 8)

Many people including myself use the Xbox for much more than gaming these days and the same with PS. I often watch SKY through my Xbox or watch a film on Netflix etc.. Its easier than switching the Xbox off to turn the input over and start up a DVD player etc etc.. Everything is just there. All the new features helps the Xbox become something for all the family which leads to more sales etc.. Can't really blame Microsoft for wanting to make more money aslong as they do these things right and don't rush them for a quick quid.

Saying all that, the gaming is still number one for me above all else and aslong as we get a full in depth look at the gaming side at E3 I will be happy enough. Just seeing the new EA Ignite engine for sports games and the new Call Of Duty has made me want one :lol: Not sure if you seen the comparison video of old and new capabilities.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu May 23, 2013 1:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
2399 wrote:

How So?

Just in the UK?

You'll be able to play it on a different Xbox via Xbox Live and the cloud.

So in that respect, no more restrictive than a PC. They're not trying to restrict that, just the passing on of games or second hand sales.

Though nobody knows what they will actually do. They may not restrict it at all.

Read something this morning that said Microsoft want to take over the second hand market and will make it possible to sell and trade games but nobody knows how yet. Obviously it will get to a point where all games are digital downloads and there will no longer be a second hand market.

They also have to be strict on this second hand malarkey because on the new Xbox, once the game is installed you won't need to use the disc at all in the drive. If they let things go then you would get a game sold and shared round 100 people to install.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Thu May 23, 2013 1:54 pm

I've never played a CD or watched a DVD on mine, I've got a stereo and a DVD player for that.....

I'm more bothered with the social networking aspect, as from my point of view it's a waste of time. They're trying too hard to please everyone.

Anyway, they'll still sell millions if my kind don't bother anymore, so it's not like they care either way.

I'll be tempted when the new games come out but common-sense tells me that 'we' are going to get shafted by those greedy yanks, expensive console, expensive games, expensive & pointless gadgets you don't want but need and a f*cking nosey-arse Kitt of a computer that tells tales......

I certainly wouldn't trust the thing to keep my xhamster searches secret, that's for sure!
Troll and proud of it.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu May 23, 2013 7:58 pm

If anybody is looking for some cheap games for Xbox then I am selling loads. What I have left will be on this link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/chrisandnic/m ... 7675.l2562" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Feel free to add me on Xbox Live aswell :) oOo ChrisC oOo

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu May 23, 2013 8:43 pm

ChrisC wrote:If anybody is looking for some cheap games for Xbox then I am selling loads. What I have left will be on this link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/chrisandnic/m ... 7675.l2562" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are you a mate of potter?

In fact where is he, not been seen for ages.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu May 23, 2013 11:35 pm

jaffka wrote:
ChrisC wrote:If anybody is looking for some cheap games for Xbox then I am selling loads. What I have left will be on this link.

Don't know any potter Jaffka. Is he the one who use to be on here with his GIFs and sigs?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu May 23, 2013 11:45 pm

ChrisC wrote:
jaffka wrote:

Don't know any potter Jaffka. Is he the one who use to be on here with his GIFs and sigs?
I think so, he was quite funny. Nicky Hunt was his favourite player.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu May 23, 2013 11:48 pm

jaffka wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
jaffka wrote:

I think so, he was quite funny. Nicky Hunt was his favourite player.

Think we are on about the same person but not sure :lol: don't know him anyway :)

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu May 23, 2013 11:55 pm

Quite amazing how these people come, post so much about their lives and then disappear.

I think Potter discovered what his d**k was for...

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu May 23, 2013 11:59 pm

jaffka wrote:Quite amazing how these people come, post so much about their lives and then disappear.

I think Potter discovered what his d**k was for...
:lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:13 am

E3 comes around again. Not sure half the stuff from last year's has been released yet...

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:36 am

Worthy4England wrote:E3 comes around again. Not sure half the stuff from last year's has been released yet...
The Last of Us will be next week. But on a proper console instead ;)

It seems like they've been pedaling Beyond: Two Souls forever. Same with Watch Dogs.

Hoping for some more from MGS

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:41 am

mrkint wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:E3 comes around again. Not sure half the stuff from last year's has been released yet...
The Last of Us will be next week. But on a proper console instead ;)

It seems like they've been pedaling Beyond: Two Souls forever. Same with Watch Dogs.

Hoping for some more from MGS
Yeah - I'd been hoping to see Beyond before now and Watch Dogs. Can't make my mind up on The Last of Us, of the three, that was the one I was least bothered about.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:41 pm

New 360 launched today in the States, but the interesting news is that from July 1st they're giving away 2 free games a month to gold live members. Starting with Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo 3.
Businesswoman of the year.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:22 am

Four Hundred and Twenty Nine Pounds Sterling.

That would equate to $668 USD, but no, retail price in the US $499.

Taking the pi $$, should be their tagline for E3.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:47 am

Maybe part of the disparity is that the GBP figure includes VAT and the US figure excludes tax?