A baby boy!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: A baby boy!

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:05 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:Awww I think it's lovely news too, how exciting! I'm going for George Charles Philip Francis.

Think it might be me and you going it alone on this thread GG :)
Hey! you were right on the first name and I got the second name. How clever are we Toni?! :)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:22 pm

Louis?! F*ckin Louis?! Now I give a shit.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:24 pm

George Fitzwilliam Darcy would have been ideal. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:07 pm

Prufrock wrote:Louis?! F*ckin Louis?! Now I give a shit.
after Louis Mountbatten. Was inevitable now you know.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:13 pm

Knowing that I have to go to work to pay for this family of spongers is absolutely nauseating

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:06 pm

Don't you all think her dress when they showed off the baby was lovely though? I want one...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:08 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Don't you all think her dress when they showed off the baby was lovely though? I want one...
you're such a girly girl....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:09 pm

What's the point in having a Royal Family if it's not to piss off the French?? Tell me that? Louis!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:11 pm

thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Don't you all think her dress when they showed off the baby was lovely though? I want one...
:P What? Its pretty! Not much good for her to breastfeed in though...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:
:P What? Its pretty!
girly-girly-girly-girly-girly-girly-girl!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:14 pm

thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:
Last time I checked I still was ;)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:14 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:
thought so...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:19 pm

thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:
thought so...
Looking down I can see breasts (typing naked, just about to get in bath - tmi?) so therefore I get to be excited about royal babies and pretty dresses.

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:21 pm

I just don't get the obsession with all things royal family. Surely peoples' lives aren't that empty that they fawn over people that A. they'll never meet and B. don't give a shit about them? Keep on paying your taxes folks. We'll all struggle but let's keep them in luxury...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:25 pm

tripod wrote:I just don't get the obsession with all things royal family. Surely peoples' lives aren't that empty that they fawn over people that A. they'll never meet and B. don't give a shit about them? Keep on paying your taxes folks. We'll all struggle but let's keep them in luxury...
Not especially bothered whether we have a monarchy or not, certainly not an ardent royalist, I think i'm just nosy i because they are the same age as me and at a similar stage of life. And they seem a nice enough couple from what you read. It's no different from being fascinated by all the endless c list big brother celebrities which lots of people are.

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:47 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
tripod wrote:I just don't get the obsession with all things royal family. Surely peoples' lives aren't that empty that they fawn over people that A. they'll never meet and B. don't give a shit about them? Keep on paying your taxes folks. We'll all struggle but let's keep them in luxury...
Not especially bothered whether we have a monarchy or not, certainly not an ardent royalist, I think i'm just nosy i because they are the same age as me and at a similar stage of life. And they seem a nice enough couple from what you read. It's no different from being fascinated by all the endless c list big brother celebrities which lots of people are.

Point taken. Just cannot stand the fact that the royals get to live in absolute luxury at our expense. I'm a self-employed plasterer and I work hard for my money. Don't see why I should pay more out of my wages to support a child I'll have nothing to do with than my daughter...

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:01 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:Awww I think it's lovely news too, how exciting! I'm going for George Charles Philip Francis.

Think it might be me and you going it alone on this thread GG :)
Hey! you were right on the first name and I got the second name. How clever are we Toni?! :)
Check us out! :)

Her dress was lovely, and Wills in a matching shirt, cute!

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:12 pm

tripod wrote:Knowing that I have to go to work to pay for this family of spongers is absolutely nauseating
Yeah but I'm pretty sure they'll generate a fair bit of money for this country by the amount of tourists they attract for a start. It's the families full of spongers that do absolutely F all that nauseate me. I actually know someone who pays 81p a week rent to live in a council house but is able to pay £113 a month for Virgin Media. Come back when you've finished puking over that.

I don't constantly fawn over the Royals all year round either but we're watching history unfold and it's exciting, plus as already mentioned, I love a good bit of baby news regardless of who the baby belongs to.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:16 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:
tripod wrote:Knowing that I have to go to work to pay for this family of spongers is absolutely nauseating
Yeah but I'm pretty sure they'll generate a fair bit of money for this country by the amount of tourists they attract for a start. It's the families full of spongers that do absolutely F all that nauseate me. I actually know someone who pays 81p a week rent to live in a council house but is able to pay £113 a month for Virgin Media. Come back when you've finished puking over that.

I don't constantly fawn over the Royals all year round either but we're watching history unfold and it's exciting, plus as already mentioned, I love a good bit of baby news regardless of who the baby belongs to.
^ what she said! :)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:25 pm

Two things weirded me out today: One, I went into M&S to buy a Sarnie, and they had non-ironic, laminated, serious merchandised signs everywhere saying 'We would like to congratulate the Duke and Duchess on the birth of a beautiful baby boy'. Then an oldish guy at work with a dry sense of humour asked if my lot where having a whip round to send flowers to them. I laughed thinking he was joking. He wasn't. Add that to the gym yesterday where half the people stopped what they were doing to crowd round the TV to see them leave maybe leave hospital.

Is it a Southern thing? I felt as nonplussed as the first time I went to the cinema here and people stood up to applaud at the end. No matter how long I spend here, I'm never going to have the instinct for that. Like, what the shit?! M&S, congratulating?! Whaaaa?!