creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:30 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Oh here we go. Will someone please show me the bodies of the cricketers that've been killed in 'bad light' such as this? They've got fecking floodlights!!!!

By the blithering crin!!!!!!!!!!!
It's bollocks. But let's not complain on this occasion!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:33 pm

Seems Smith was telling the umpires he had no problems with it, but looks like Cook influenced the decsion by giving Broad the ball instead of Swann.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:37 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Oh here we go. Will someone please show me the bodies of the cricketers that've been killed in 'bad light' such as this? They've got fecking floodlights!!!!

By the blithering crin!!!!!!!!!!!
It's bollocks. But let's not complain on this occasion!
Hmmmm. Take your point but I want to see some cricket.

Didn't know that the light no longer gets offered to the batters btw.
May the bridges I burn light your way

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:37 pm

Michael Clarke is distraught :lmfao: .
Barmy Army!
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:13 pm

I did say the Manchester rain would come it always does and forecast for tomorrow does not look great either.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:19 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Michael Clarke is distraught :lmfao: .
Barmy Army!
I'd rather win on level pegging than get any advantages from weather, light etc. We're better than that. Bad light in a professional venue with top class floodlighting is a joke these days. Why have it if it doesn't do the job? Rain does look like screwing it for the Oz now..Shame.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:22 pm

Of course but I think given Australia are looking very strong in this test and that given we are clearly not at our best I would just like us to get the ashes won rather than having to wait till the fourth test.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:28 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Barmy Army!
I'd rather win on level pegging than get any advantages from weather, light etc. We're better than that. Bad light in a professional venue with top class floodlighting is a joke these days. Why have it if it doesn't do the job? Rain does look like screwing it for the Oz now..Shame.
maybe - but they knew the weather forecast - and they failed to bowl us out under the follow on target...

they have their weak attack to blame more than the weather...

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:31 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Barmy Army!
maybe - but they knew the weather forecast - and they failed to bowl us out under the follow on target...

they have their weak attack to blame more than the weather...
And anyway we'd prefer to win (or not lose) in whatever fashion... :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:31 pm

You were saying earlier that if they could not bowl us out in 3 and a halve days than they don't really deserve to win (make it 2 and a halve as we will lose a few hours tomorrow apparently thanks to the rain). It should also be pointed out that they haven't exactly shined in their 2nd innings with the bat. They have been the better of the 2 sides as so far but they are looking unlikely to win this test match.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:31 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Barmy Army!
I think the issue with floodlights as Strauss explained on sky, is that trying to pick out a dark red ball coming down the track at you at 80mph is not easy under non-natural light. And also floodlights can make visibility worse if the light is bad rather than actually dark as you don't get the contrasts.

The lights are better with a lighter ball against a darker background such as is used in 20/20 when they play under lights.

Tend to agree that they should have played on there. The difficulty is if someone can't see the ball say in the field and gets hit and hurt badly the umpires would be absolutely mullered. So they have to weight that up.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:40 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:You were saying earlier that if they could not bowl us out in 3 and a halve days than they don't really deserve to win
which is what i am still saying :conf:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Play has been abandoned for the day.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Barmy Army!
I think the issue with floodlights as Strauss explained on sky, is that trying to pick out a dark red ball coming down the track at you at 80mph is not easy under non-natural light. And also floodlights can make visibility worse if the light is bad rather than actually dark as you don't get the contrasts.

The lights are better with a lighter ball against a darker background such as is used in 20/20 when they play under lights.

Tend to agree that they should have played on there. The difficulty is if someone can't see the ball say in the field and gets hit and hurt badly the umpires would be absolutely mullered. So they have to weight that up.
aye - the floodlighting is not primarily designed for test cricket - it's designed for 1 dayers - T20 and day/nighters...

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:42 pm

thebish wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:You were saying earlier that if they could not bowl us out in 3 and a halve days than they don't really deserve to win
which is what i am still saying :conf:
Yes Bish and I am pointing out that you are right.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:45 pm

Tickets still available for tomorrow at £20/£25.

http://www.lccc.co.uk/

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:Tickets still available for tomorrow at £20/£25.

The Oz will declare overnight. We have 3 sessions ... interrupted by rain and light ... to not lose 10 wickets in damp and swinging conditions on a 5th day strip. OR knock of runs at over 110 a session.

Rain is our friend.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:50 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

The Oz will declare overnight. We have 3 sessions ... interrupted by rain and light ... to not lose 10 wickets in damp and swinging conditions on a 5th day strip. OR knock of runs at over 110 a session.

Rain is our friend.
i very much doubt we'll be knocking those runs off...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:51 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Rain is our friend.
Which is why "Rain is our friend".
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:58 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Rain is our friend.
Which is why "Rain is our friend".
I doubt it too, but if KP is in the mood......