Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Hoboh » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Should ban ipods and walkmans from the road too or just let us run the little tw*ts over!!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:43 pm

am writing an ebook for distribution on epub, mobi and plain old pdf...

getting the bastarding thing to format - from Word via HTML into epub is a bastarding nightmare!!! it puts bastarding hard-breaks where I want soft ones and totally ignores my indents! bastard!! I must have bastarding gone through this bastarding document 5 times re-doing the bastarding formatting now! ARSE!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:47 pm

Writing my Best Man speech ahead of this Friday. Cut out the in-jokes, boy. :whack:
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Writing my Best Man speech ahead of this Friday. Cut out the in-jokes, boy. :whack:
do you want it formatted for your Kindle? :D

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:40 pm

thebish wrote:am writing an ebook for distribution on epub, mobi and plain old pdf...

getting the bastarding thing to format - from Word via HTML into epub is a bastarding nightmare!!! it puts bastarding hard-breaks where I want soft ones and totally ignores my indents! bastard!! I must have bastarding gone through this bastarding document 5 times re-doing the bastarding formatting now! ARSE!
I use quite a good free program for formatting e-books. It may help you. It is called Calibre.
Last edited by Montreal Wanderer on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:11 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
thebish wrote:am writing an ebook for distribution on epub, mobi and plain old pdf...

I use quite a good free program for formatting e-books. It may help you. It is called [url=http://calibre-ebook.com/]Calibre [/url.
aye will be using calibre, cheers! it's the pre-calibre stage that's frustrating! think i have it sorted now!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:30 pm

thebish wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

I use quite a good free program for formatting e-books. It may help you. It is called Calibre.
aye will be using calibre, cheers! it's the pre-calibre stage that's frustrating! think i have it sorted now!
If you save your word file as a .pdf (which should keep the word format), Calibre can then convert the .pdf to EPUB, Mobi and several others including .htmlz
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:09 pm

Hoboh wrote:Should ban ipods and walkmans from the road too or just let us run the little tw*ts over!!!
Well said but should include the oik in the queue in front of me the other day who got called over twice to a free desk, could not hear them as he has his music think on...nice person
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:26 pm

Hoboh wrote:Should ban ipods and walkmans from the road too or just let us run the little tw*ts over!!!
a bit off point, and my hatred for most cyclists in London is well known, but I am absolutely amazed at how many of them cycle on busy roads with headphones/earphones on. fecking suicidal.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:14 pm

mrkint wrote:
a bit off point, and my hatred for most cyclists in London is well known, but I am absolutely amazed at how many of them cycle on busy roads with headphones/earphones on. fecking suicidal.
You will be pleased I hate cyclists and all almost as much as the road users because they go a on the pavement and knock us over, use the bliddy road you p*llocks that's why you (should) have helmets. It all came ahead today when on my way to college these I saw several incidents that made me irate with rage

1.cyclists cycling on busy pavement knock a big bloke over and then calls him a pussy (the bloke was stood up waiting at a bus stop and therefore was not moving)
2. cyclist cycling down extremely packed pavement (that was probably only about 4ft wide) ringing his bell incessantly as he charges down the pavement barging into the odd person instead of cycling in the empty bus lane which is not used because the bus service does not run anymore
3. 2 minutes later see and identical incident (as the 2nd) and nearly get hit by another b*st*rd cyclist who does a sigh of all sigh as he stops about 6 inches short of my toes was seriously considering giving him a mouthful but the b*stard had cycled off before I got a chance however at least he heard me call him a b*st*rd under my breath as he cycled away.
In simple get in the f*ck**g road or I will put you in the road. Just because you think your to cool to wear a helmet that doesn't mean your allowed to get off of the road and start hurtling down the pavement at pace barging and brushing pedestrians as you go.

I must state that all the above incidents happened today and I have seen others. I feel it is my duty to stand fast when cyclists are not on the road and only jump out of the way at the last minute (assuming they are going quickly) and let buggers know what I think off them

Rant over and people call Worthy and angry young man.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:15 pm

mrkint wrote:
Pleased to say I don't own headphones nor a mp3 player/Ipod and for 1 of the last 2 years did not even own a phone either.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Suspended for a heated argument at work (we both are)

Fvcking lucky I didn't deck him angry ain't the word!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:34 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:Suspended for a heated argument at work (we both are)

Do I sense some disagreement PW.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:05 pm

Jeez -that's pretty damned serious. Go easy Plymouth (count to 10 whatever) - hope it works out ok fella
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:17 pm

That's where you get your sig from then? :wink:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:19 pm

Did you not ask permission before you used his missus for your new avatar?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:

Did you not ask permission before you used his missus for your new avatar?
:lol:

Cheers lads I can always count on you lot

Already had a fantastic offer from someone on here for advice etc which again is much appreciated ubove and beyond the call of duty
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:06 am

Erm, just seen your signature!

I suppose be well prepared and calm in whatever fact-finding palava meeting comes along.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:42 am

SSE, which trades as Southern Electric, Swalec and Scottish Hydro, said the rise would come into effect from November 15, and it pledged not to lift them again for a year.

It last increased tariffs a year ago, by 9%, just before a bitterly cold spell.

The bad weather helped the FTSE 100-listed firm to increase annual profits at its household retail arm by 28% to £410.1 million as gas consumption rose by a fifth. Overall pre-tax profits in the year to March rose from £1.34 billion to £1.41 billion.
Nationalise the Barstewards!!!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:17 pm

Hoboh wrote:
SSE, which trades as Southern Electric, Swalec and Scottish Hydro, said the rise would come into effect from November 15, and it pledged not to lift them again for a year.

It last increased tariffs a year ago, by 9%, just before a bitterly cold spell.

The bad weather helped the FTSE 100-listed firm to increase annual profits at its household retail arm by 28% to £410.1 million as gas consumption rose by a fifth. Overall pre-tax profits in the year to March rose from £1.34 billion to £1.41 billion.
Nationalise the Barstewards!!!
While a lot of our services are private, many of them are regulated. The phone companies for example cannot increase charges without permission from a government agency. Banks, utilities, communications companies, etc. are all regulated (especially if they have a monopoly like the natural gas company).