Music Intro's

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: Music Intro's

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:36 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:We suffered Avri Lavigne, Nickleback, Justin Bieber, Michael Bubble, Nelly Furtado, Alanis Morrisette, Shania Twain, Bryan Adams and Celine Dion.

In return we got Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Barenaked Ladies and Sum 41. Oh, and Snow.

Not a fair trade, Canada, not a fair trade.
We also got The Tragically Hip :oyea:

....and Rush

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:36 pm

Prufrock wrote:We suffered Avri Lavigne, Nickleback, Justin Bieber, Michael Bubble, Nelly Furtado, Alanis Morrisette, Shania Twain, Bryan Adams and Celine Dion.

In return we got Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Barenaked Ladies and Sum 41. Oh, and Snow.

Not a fair trade, Canada, not a fair trade.
Or, maybe, it's Ironic !?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:40 pm

Canada gave us this song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mKPCJUW2I4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, are Rush Canadian?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:32 pm

I've just been sent a document entitled - List of Montreal Protocol Substances.

If I was in Montreal and was forming a band I'd insist on their name being named, Montreal Protocol Substances. :oyea:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:33 pm

Beefheart wrote:Canada gave us this song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mKPCJUW2I4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, are Rush Canadian?
Indeed, they are. So are Leonard Cohen, Jaime Robbie Robertson, the leader of the band, and Gordie Lightfoot.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:37 pm

Neil Young aside, Rush are the best thing Canada has given to music!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:38 pm

The Qalipu Mikmac are a Canadian Band... not quite the sort Monty's thinking of though.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:42 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:Neil Young aside, Rush are the best thing Canada has given to music!
Arcade Fire?!

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:50 pm

Never been that keen on Arcade Fire, bit wishy-washy and mild from what I've heard. I quite like 'in the back seat' though, that's a nice song.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:54 pm

Cowboy Junkies............

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:12 pm

Canada gave us this, which also qualifies for best intro -

http://youtu.be/dqMNuit1dM0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:59 pm

on the bad artist side you have forgotten Carly rae jepson who has a special spot in my heart since she is the daughter of an old friend of mine. The silly boy had knocked up his girlfriend and decided to do the honorable thing and get married. While we went to the stag, me and a good friend had failed to to receive an official invite, so we decided to skip the wedding much to our delight since we knew the marriage was going to be a disaster. Still remember walking down Yates street in Victoria and hearing the honking of cars, at which point me and my friend ran into a store to avoid being spotted by what was possibly the wedding party. Anyway the wife had forgotten to invite us, and so their first fight I believe was the result. The marriage lasted a couple years tops, but Carly was the result. She always credits her dad for her tastes in music, which probably explains why she is crap.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:03 pm

seanworth wrote:on the bad artist side you have forgotten Carly rae jepson who has a special spot in my heart since she is the daughter of an old friend of mine. The silly boy had knocked up his girlfriend and decided to do the honorable thing and get married. While we went to the stag, me and a good friend had failed to to receive an official invite, so we decided to skip the wedding much to our delight since we knew the marriage was going to be a disaster. Still remember walking down Yates street in Victoria and hearing the honking of cars, at which point me and my friend ran into a store to avoid being spotted by what was possibly the wedding party. Anyway the wife had forgotten to invite us, and so their first fight I believe was the result. The marriage lasted a couple years tops, but Carly was the result. She always credits her dad for her tastes in music, which probably explains why she is crap.
The wife had forgotten to call you, maybe?
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:27 pm

hi there, i'm chris wrote:
seanworth wrote:on the bad artist side you have forgotten Carly rae jepson who has a special spot in my heart since she is the daughter of an old friend of mine. The silly boy had knocked up his girlfriend and decided to do the honorable thing and get married. While we went to the stag, me and a good friend had failed to to receive an official invite, so we decided to skip the wedding much to our delight since we knew the marriage was going to be a disaster. Still remember walking down Yates street in Victoria and hearing the honking of cars, at which point me and my friend ran into a store to avoid being spotted by what was possibly the wedding party. Anyway the wife had forgotten to invite us, and so their first fight I believe was the result. The marriage lasted a couple years tops, but Carly was the result. She always credits her dad for her tastes in music, which probably explains why she is crap.
The wife had forgotten to call you, maybe?
I can live with that. :D

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:39 pm

Lessor or unknown gems

Bruce Cockburn
Murray McLaughlin
KD Lang during her country punk days
The Weakerthans
Stompin Tom Connors
Teenage Head
Doug and the Slugs
Anvil o.k. not serious on this one but a great documentary

Forgettables
Loverboy Actually no need to continue after that one.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:32 pm

Spirit of The west?

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:09 pm

How the hell could I forget Bela Lugosi's dead by Bauhaus
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!