The Great Art Debate

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Great Art Debate

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:13 pm

Hence why I've provided you with an Orca. Very nice too.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Just finished this. I'm thinking maybe a post with a fishing net on it, and maybe a seagull or two. Vulcan bomber in the far distance just approaching. What do you think? ( I'm joking, it's finished.) :wink:

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Superb Tango, you clearly have a talent.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:04 pm

Tango's churning these out at the same rate as Mr Brainwash, now I come to think of it! :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:22 pm

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:43 pm

thebish wrote:Image
By showing so much of the hulls I obviously failed to simulate boats moored in a few inches of water. :lol:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Tango's churning these out at the same rate as Mr Brainwash, now I come to think of it! :shock:
Being retired does have some small advantages. :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:46 pm

An impressionist attempt to celebrate...er..rain.. :wink:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:39 pm

Art works of the future. I've often wondered when the next breakthrough in art would come (if indeed there ever would be one). This for me is it. I'd buy this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24579564
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:16 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Art works of the future. I've often wondered when the next breakthrough in art would come (if indeed there ever would be one). This for me is it. I'd buy this.

Speak to mummy ... China is in his hand.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:02 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Art works of the future. I've often wondered when the next breakthrough in art would come (if indeed there ever would be one). This for me is it. I'd buy this.

I was in there at the Fine Art Society on Saturday. This and other digital 'pieces' (is that the right word here?!) were magnificent.

I'd have the sleeping Venus that's replaced Giogione's seminal painted version with a Venus whose rib cage rises and falls, along with all sorts of small somnial movements.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:06 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:

I was in there at the Fine Art Society on Saturday. This and other digital 'pieces' (is that the right word here?!) were magnificent.

I'd have the sleeping Venus that's replaced Giogione's seminal painted version with a Venus whose rib cage rises and falls, along with all sorts of small somnial movements.
Is that by the same artists? I mean, of course, the digitals not the originals. Or is there a 'school' of digitalartists?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:45 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Is that by the same artists? I mean, of course, the digitals not the originals. Or is there a 'school' of digitalartists?
http://www.faslondon.com/fine_art_socie ... rming.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look at the exhibition of Rob and Nick Carter.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:55 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

http://www.faslondon.com/fine_art_socie ... rming.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look at the exhibition of Rob and Nick Carter.
Ah, the same artists then - the Carters.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:05 pm

Nice pics, I usually end up adding a bird or two, not because I want to because I am clumsy and usually drop some paint on the sky and have to convert it :)
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:09 pm

Inspired again by the pxssing down weather, I got the idea for this from a photo.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:12 pm

And I see that you've satiated your predilection for 'filling-in' with the inclusion of ET on the left there. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:And I see that you've satiated your predilection for 'filling-in' with the inclusion of ET on the left there. :D
:lol: I'm being very good at the moment. That's a Ferrari if you don't mind. :evil:

(It was actually in the photo, so not just me).

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:20 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:And I see that you've satiated your predilection for 'filling-in' with the inclusion of ET on the left there. :D
:lol: I'm being very good at the moment. That's a Ferrari if you don't mind. :evil:

Fxck, I thought it was a cabbage, or at least a bush :? (sorry Tango).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:22 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Fxck, I thought it was a cabbage, or at least a bush :? (sorry Tango).
A cabbage with headlights? You a Picasso fan Spots? :wink: