The Christmas thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Re: The Christmas thread

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:03 pm

boltonboris wrote:Next weekend, we're taking the pudding on the East Lancashire Railway: Santa special" 1hr 20m from Bury Station.

Steam train ride with brass band and carol singers, mulled wine, snacks and Santa and his elves come round handing out gifts.

I can't wait!!!
we have been on this the last 4 years, and i remember going along when M&D took my younger brother on it every year too (we used to live right by the station in Summerseat) the mulled wine must be new, the last few years you got a little miniature of port, and the snack is a mince pie. its pretty tragic, but i dont really mind going because the kids love it, it must be pretty magical in their eyes... ive just learnt to always take my hip flask!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:11 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:http://www.thebrewery.co.uk/

We were here last night. The extent to which they have sucked the soul out of what is an interesting building from the outside is quite a feat.
our xmas do is there, it was last year as well, and we have a few corporate functions throughout the year there too. they decorate that big room up quite nice, and its always a free bar so ive never considered its architectural merit.
We had these two rooms last night.
http://www.thebrewery.co.uk/Smeaton-vaults-overview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was like being at a shit wedding.

Four hours of karaoke and Chinese food with a Chinese TV channel tonight - much more like it.
ah, weve always been in the Porter Tun room!

thats our project xmas do next week. completely free inlc a +1

we had an agency do last night at a bar in Shoreditch. all free.

we also have our department on this project do, our department company do and our small team do - but these three are gonna cost us.

they properly dont feck about in London.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:24 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:we had an agency do last night at a bar in Shoreditch. all free.
I know that sounds a bit of cliche, but I'd much prefer that to one of these places set up to churn the corporates through. Where in Shoreditch was it?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:33 pm

Bar Kick, the table football place (opposite Browns ;) )

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Athers wrote:All-day meeting in London followed by a couple of drinks afterwards (unknown if free yet) until I get the 7pm off peak train home.

My £20 I usually get for a meal out with my actual work colleagues (located all over UK) is being spent on an event up in Manchester where all people located here will go to some place in Audenshaw. I know no-one in my business up in Manchester and have little interest in getting to know them, so won't be attending.
oooof, the dreaded 19:00 to Manchester....
Seat booking essential!
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:52 pm

That or charge down the platform to U and F.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:00 pm

Off to an Italian tomorrow with work but the real xmas do is next week.

Mrs G & I off for 2 nights in Manchester. Shopping, Cornerhouse, Xmas markets and finished off with I am Kloot at the Apollo. Seriously excited

:pissed:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:02 pm

Only use G to K myself 8)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:30 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:and finished off with I am Kloot at the Apollo.
A gig that for years I've hoped to one day see - but will be at our Christmas do. :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:07 am

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/108 ... ?ref=var_0

2 things about this article:

- Theft or cleaning up an eyesore?
- How funny is that 'angry and fed up face' photo?

Not that I'm condoning criminal activity, just chuckling at it. A bit.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:19 am

the thieves were clearly jealous of his lights!

you're right - that is one hell of an angry fed up face!! :-)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:29 am

bobo the clown wrote:You need a proper HR team Bruce.
Oh how right you are, Bobo. How right you are. Should you require proof further that Hinge and fecking Bracket here are nothing other than a pair of living-stealing time-wasters, we used to have one tree in reception - that's was it and that was plenty. This week they've spent all fecking week erecting trees (placcy) in our office, the lab (noooooo, that doesn't get in the way, not at all :roll: ), Upstairs main corridor, upstairs reception, Logistics office, main meeting room, small meeting room, downstairs main corridor, downstairs reception and Accounts main corridor. They'll be putting them in the bogs next. :whack:

Not sure how Production and Planning have escaped, I need to do some detective work. :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:53 am

Erect. Looool.

I chuckled the other day to see two men in high vis overalls putting up a seven foot tree in reception with the area coned-off and a big sign saying 'work in progress'. Stay safe, kids.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:54 am

Athers wrote:
Athers wrote:All-day meeting in London followed by a couple of drinks afterwards (unknown if free yet) until I get the 7pm off peak train home.

My £20 I usually get for a meal out with my actual work colleagues (located all over UK) is being spent on an event up in Manchester where all people located here will go to some place in Audenshaw. I know no-one in my business up in Manchester and have little interest in getting to know them, so won't be attending.
Seat booking essential!
It's a bugger. Having an railcard meant I could use an off peak ticket on an earlier train and avoid that nightmare though :D

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:06 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Refusing to go on mine. Bah humbug time is here.
Same here (go on mine I meant not yours), never go
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:15 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Athers wrote:

Seat booking essential!
It's a bugger. Having an railcard meant I could use an off peak ticket on an earlier train and avoid that nightmare though :D
Ah, the good times before turning 27
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:49 pm

LeverEnd wrote:http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/108 ... ?ref=var_0

2 things about this article:

- Theft or cleaning up an eyesore?
- How funny is that 'angry and fed up face' photo?

Not that I'm condoning criminal activity, just chuckling at it. A bit.
Police should be asking Bruce to assist in their enquiries any time soon.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:37 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Off to an Italian tomorrow with work but the real xmas do is next week.

Mrs G & I off for 2 nights in Manchester. Shopping, Cornerhouse, Xmas markets and finished off with I am Kloot at the Apollo. Seriously excited

:pissed:
I'm off for an Italian with work tonight as well. It'll be me and 16 women. Not sure what to make of that.

Did the Manchester thing last weekend with the Mrs. Went down for the rugby and spent a couple of nights there with some nice food, drinks and shopping. Doing similar in London the weekend before Christmas. Can't wait!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:30 pm

Manchester again for me. Markets were bombed last week. Will be trying somewhere a bit quieter this.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Was supposed to be at the Christmas markets this weekend, but Mrs BP isn't well. :( Might have to nip up the road to the one at Rammy on my own tomorrow.