Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:52 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Pussy, I didn't get over 40!!
Which is still more than your Harley has managed :lol:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:32 am

Your welcome to a spin over Belmont on the back of the ninja when it gets warmer and dryer if you feel brave

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:09 am

Hoboh wrote:Your welcome to a spin over Belmont on the back of the ninja when it gets warmer and dryer if you feel brave
Every Sunday afternoon we'd see (and hear) groups of motorcyclists wending their way at high speed to Rivi Barn, regularly followed 30 minutes later by ambulance sirens. :hang:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Hoboh wrote:Your welcome to a spin over Belmont on the back of the ninja when it gets warmer and dryer if you feel brave
Every Sunday afternoon we'd see (and hear) groups of motorcyclists wending their way at high speed to Rivi Barn, regularly followed 30 minutes later by ambulance sirens. :hang:
There's as many bad car drivers as bikers Bruce, fast is one thing using a road as a track is another, tracks have space to fall off without hitting anything solid.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:27 pm

Your all just as bad as each other - public transport and walking is the way foreword
:wink: :D ,
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:36 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -rage.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Think he rather deserved it TBH, fecking arrogant prick.
One smartly dressed man remonstrated with the car's driver, telling him he was not supposed to be there because the space was reserved for cyclists, but the motorist sped off.
The cyclist can be seen riding as fast as possible to catch up with the motorist at the next set of lights, where he confronted him once again. He called the driver a 'f***ing p***k' and added that the Audi had nearly run over his foot.
But then a passenger suddenly got out and hit the cyclist with a left hook, before pushing him off his bike and into a taxi, which was also waiting in traffic. He yelled obscenities at the man then returned to the Audi and was driven away.
Oh and why the feck do these 'cyclist' boxes cover the whole feckin front of the lane?
Why should a car/bus/taxi/lorry be forced to move at snails pace due to a lycra clad lovie weaving and poncing about in front of them! They get cycle lanes but why give them the whole bloody road, push bikes are for children in the park anyway!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:38 pm

So they can turn right.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:51 pm

Prufrock wrote:So they can turn right.
Ok so why not have a lane on the left and a section on the right they can use so vehicles can carry straight on unimpeaded? Just how wide is a bike or are they all fattys losing weight.
Cyclists should pay extra road tax and compulsory insurance to use the roads, oh and the horsey set should face compulsory insurance too.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:42 pm

They really are taking the p*ss now!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/j ... sonal-data" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:56 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
There's as many bad car drivers as bikers Bruce, fast is one thing using a road as a track is another, tracks have space to fall off without hitting anything solid.
Oh I'm sure there are, Hoboh. I don't know if it's a bravado thing though when numbers gather and there's always going to be one that winds it on further than the limit of his or her capabilities.

Company I worked for some years ago used to sponsor the Reve Ducati Superbike team so I used to do a lot of corporate stuff down at Oulton Park. Something that I assumed would hold absolutely zero interest for me had me absolutely captivated me within, well, the first lap I saw. Unbelievable what those guys can do on a bike and something that television does no justice to whatsoever. Also unbelievable how they recover from slipping off - as you'll know, usually by sliding, flicking themselves up onto their feet and breaking into a jog, as the bike smashes to bits. :shock:

Through it I got to know Seam Emmett quite well, he's really lovely bloke (in spite of what he's currently being accused of) and, after a while, at every meeting he'd offer to take me round on the back of the practice bike - and every time my arse would fall-out and I'd turn the offer down.

BIG regret. BIG, BIG regret, for which I blame a deep routed fear created by those 4uckwits trying to get to Rivi Barn at Mach 3 without the requisite skill-set ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:28 pm

Hoboh wrote:There's as many bad car drivers as bikers Bruce, fast is one thing using a road as a track is another, tracks have space to fall off without hitting anything solid.
Hmm. I seem to remember a 'track' on the Isle of Man. How long is it since they had the TT week without a fatality? I suppose it must be a wonderful sport or recreation but it's never been so for me. Perhaps it's a false sense of security but, to paraphrase Napoleon, four wheels are better than two. I've been involved in a couple of 'accidents' where if I'd been on a two wheeled machine I'd be lucky to be alive. They may well be fantastic on a proper track but the increased risk on a public road falls outside my survival parameters.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Oh I'm sure there are, Hoboh. I don't know if it's a bravado thing though when numbers gather and there's always going to be one that winds it on further than the limit of his or her capabilities.

Company I worked for some years ago used to sponsor the Reve Ducati Superbike team so I used to do a lot of corporate stuff down at Oulton Park. Something that I assumed would hold absolutely zero interest for me had me absolutely captivated me within, well, the first lap I saw. Unbelievable what those guys can do on a bike and something that television does no justice to whatsoever. Also unbelievable how they recover from slipping off - as you'll know, usually by sliding, flicking themselves up onto their feet and breaking into a jog, as the bike smashes to bits. :shock:

Through it I got to know Seam Emmett quite well, he's really lovely bloke (in spite of what he's currently being accused of) and, after a while, at every meeting he'd offer to take me round on the back of the practice bike - and every time my arse would fall-out and I'd turn the offer down.

BIG regret. BIG, BIG regret, for which I blame a deep routed fear created by those 4uckwits trying to get to Rivi Barn at Mach 3 without the requisite skill-set ;)
I really like Speedway... A good while ago was my fave summer sport. Haven't seen any live for about ten years... Do Belle Vue Aces still race? Anyone fancy a trip?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:23 am

William the White wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I really like Speedway... A good while ago was my fave summer sport. Haven't seen any live for about ten years... Do Belle Vue Aces still race? Anyone fancy a trip?
http://www.bellevueaces.co/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:27 am

Hoboh wrote:
Ok so why not have a lane on the left and a section on the right they can use so vehicles can carry straight on unimpeaded? Just how wide is a bike or are they all fattys losing weight.
Cyclists should pay extra road tax and compulsory insurance to use the roads, oh and the horsey set should face compulsory insurance too.

You know Hoboh; I could take up the argument, but I just can't be arsed anymore.................and there's no such thing as 'road tax' either..........

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:51 am

Il Pirate wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

You know Hoboh; I could take up the argument, but I just can't be arsed anymore.................and there's no such thing as 'road tax' either..........

quite - nobody pays road tax...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:57 am

I quite enjoyed this from a cycling campaign group,

"The Cambridge Cycle Campaign suggested that "Arguing that cyclists therefore have less right to use the roads is like arguing that smokers should take precedence for medical treatment, because non-smokers don't buy cigarettes and therefore 'don't pay hospital tax' ".
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:10 am

I realise that pedantic robots like yourselves cant grasp the concept of a nickname but even the dvla call road tax road tax.
Businesswoman of the year.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:12 am

it's a tax on the car, not the road though, innit?

Yours,

Not a Driver.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:14 am

CrazyHorse wrote:I realise that pedantic robots like yourselves cant grasp the concept of a nickname but even the dvla call road tax road tax.

aye - but it doesn't pay for roads - it isn't ring-fenced and so has no bearing at all on who has a "right" to use the roads...

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:18 am

Biker I know told me that the reason people get hurt is that generally they low side it (fall off on the inside when tilting) and hit kerbs, walls, other cars etc. On a track there's often no impact as they just slide along / roll and there's no collision. Might be burns and all that though.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;