What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:08 pm

Watching All is Lost tonight. High expectations but don't see it topping Wolf, Her and 12 Years.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:24 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Just flicking around channels and came across Michaela Strachan on Splash. Still looking good (& in a swimsuit too) :P
I've got that delightful pleasure to come.... :hang:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:44 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Just flicking around channels and came across Michaela Strachan on Splash. Still looking good (& in a swimsuit too) :P
20 years ago, i'd have been happy to. Showing her age now though. Not that I am, of course. Sod it. Beggars can't be choosers. :oops:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:48 pm

Rush.

Brilliantly told. Fantastic performances and great action. It really was a completely different time. Health & safety? Pah!

I was expecting it to be all chest thumping Brit is better than everyone, but it really wasn't. Loved it.

Am I a little sadistic, not to mention pedantic for complaining about the CGI flames on Lauda's crash?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:25 pm

i thought Rush was good but could have been better. i thought Ron Howard rather stereotyped both drivers and actively reinforced that stereotyping.

Saw Wolf of Wall Street this afternoon and loved it. Great film even at 3 hours long. For once, I agree with Mark Kermode (sp?) in that Scorcese could easily have cut 30 minutes from it without altering the impact. Best I've seen for a while.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:53 pm

The Pianist :(.

Had to have a break about half way through. I said the same after I watched TBITSP but it messes with my nut that this happened in the lifetimes of my grandparents.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:49 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:Rush.

Brilliantly told. Fantastic performances and great action. It really was a completely different time. Health & safety? Pah!

I was expecting it to be all chest thumping Brit is better than everyone, but it really wasn't. Loved it.

Am I a little sadistic, not to mention pedantic for complaining about the CGI flames on Lauda's crash?
I just watched it, enjoyed it very much. Never liked any motor sport but you didn't need to. The characters were well portrayed and it was well paced and exciting. Not a classic but great entertainment .

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:44 pm

hi there, i'm chris wrote:Watching All is Lost tonight. High expectations but don't see it topping Wolf, Her and 12 Years.
It won't. Interesting film tho..

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:46 pm

Loved Rush too but partly down to the cinema experience of it, it was incredibly LOUD!!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:33 pm

Just watching Arnie's classic 'The Running Man' on E4. Bizarrely, every ad break has included one for Vagisil, both itching and odour products. I've heard of targeted advertising but to assume that women who watch this film have feminine hygiene issues is stretching it to say the least.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:35 am

General Mannerheim wrote:
hi there, i'm chris wrote:Watching All is Lost tonight. High expectations but don't see it topping Wolf, Her and 12 Years.
It won't. Interesting film tho..
Aye I was a little disappointed by it in all honesty. Good film but nothing that's not been done, and probably been done better before. Definitely the worst of the Oscar nominated films/actors I've seen so far.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:42 am

not sure about that, thought the originality was the best thing aboiut it?

I watched 'Her' great.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:58 am

General Mannerheim wrote:not sure about that, thought the originality was the best thing aboiut it?

I watched 'Her' great.
I'd say the only thing original about it was the lack of dialog which definitely made it unique. But there's a lot of lost at sea films that have already been done and it just wasn't quite unique enough to really stand out from the rest. Loved the score though.

Her is magnificent. Joaquin Phoenix excellent as usual. That and Wolf are my two favourites released recently, and they're better than virtually all films I've seen in the last few years.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:30 am

Watched the remake of "Total Recall" last night :shock: :shock: :shock:
Why remake a film but try to make it completely different to the original but keep throwing in odd bits from the original just so you can say its a remake. They'd have been better off just making a brand new film. Completely disappointed in it. Colin Farrell is no Arnie!!!!
Although Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel make up for some of the disappointment.
Thankfully just as it finished, Running Man came on E4 to cheer me up.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:49 am

wigan white wrote:Watched the remake of "Total Recall" last night :shock: :shock: :shock:
Why remake a film but try to make it completely different to the original but keep throwing in odd bits from the original just so you can say its a remake. They'd have been better off just making a brand new film. Completely disappointed in it. Colin Farrell is no Arnie!!!!
Although Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel make up for some of the disappointment.
They tried to make Total Recall look like Blade Runner. Utterly unoriginal.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:03 pm

Have it to watch and glad about it not being the Brit is better as he wasn't that was one reason I was wary about watching it.
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:44 pm

wigan white wrote:Watched the remake of "Total Recall" last night :shock: :shock: :shock:
I've tried watching that a couple of times...I can't get to the end of it, it's shite.

I started watching The Sessions last night....meh..

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:47 pm

Raven wrote:

Have it to watch and glad about it not being the Brit is better as he wasn't that was one reason I was wary about watching it.
must say i was sceptical when i was watching it (and indeed, after about twenty minutes) but it's a well told story (and shockingly one i didn't know happened!)

Chris Hemsworth is hit-and miss as Hunt but mainly alright. Daniel Bruhl is excellent as Lauda, though. Reminded me far too much of my austrian flatmate :lol:
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:15 pm

Tell No One.

Meh.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:48 am

hi there, i'm chris wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:not sure about that, thought the originality was the best thing aboiut it?

I watched 'Her' great.
I'd say the only thing original about it was the lack of dialog which definitely made it unique. But there's a lot of lost at sea films that have already been done and it just wasn't quite unique enough to really stand out from the rest. Loved the score though.

Her is magnificent. Joaquin Phoenix excellent as usual. That and Wolf are my two favourites released recently, and they're better than virtually all films I've seen in the last few years.
Tried copping off with Siri after watching it...