Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:59 pm

I imagine Tango's to look something like this, which, if I were going to wear big headphones then I reckon that rocking the retro look would be far better than wearing those things that today's footballers wear.

May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:24 pm

I have some vg Bose over-ears and also some new Phillips Fidelio blue-tooth/wireless over-ear ones.

I can't be doing with the in-ear ones they far too quickly give me pain inside the ear cavity. I avoid looking like a dick (as much as that is possible) by not wearing then while wandering round the street.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:29 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I have some vg Bose over-ears and also some new Phillips Fidelio blue-tooth/wireless over-ear ones.

I can't be doing with the in-ear ones they far too quickly give me pain inside the ear cavity. I avoid looking like a dick (as much as that is possible) by not wearing then while wandering round the street.
I used to have that problem with the inner ear ones, but the missus bought me some Phonak Audeo ones a couple of years, that are absolutely perfect. the sound is incredible too.

They're manufactured by a company that designs the inner ear thing for hearing aids and they've branched out
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:31 pm

boltonboris wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:I have some vg Bose over-ears and also some new Phillips Fidelio blue-tooth/wireless over-ear ones.

I used to have that problem with the inner ear ones, but the missus bought me some Phonak Audeo ones a couple of years, that are absolutely perfect. the sound is incredible too.

They're manufactured by a company that designs the inner ear thing for hearing aids and they've branched out
Thanks. I'll investigate that.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:40 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

Thanks. I'll investigate that.

You'll probably have to take your big beige hearing aid out first though.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:41 pm

You can get in-ear ones with that squashy foam stuff where you squash them before they go in and they expand inside your ear, and they won't hurt at all in my experience, whereas any other material causes pain within half an hour as Bobo has said.

Over ear are generally just more comfortable though.

Mind I'd only use them "out" on a train or plane journey so I wouldn't mind the over ear ones anyway.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:43 pm

Prufrock wrote:Headphones (earphones) that break constantly meaning you need a new pair every three months, or to buy some of those awful full head ones that make you look like a dick. Ah yes, white man in a suit wearing Dr Dre headphoned. Good look.
Racist.

Arkid (a dj muso type) swears by his big chunky earphones. Not Dr Dre ones though.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:45 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:You can get in-ear ones with that squashy foam stuff where you squash them before they go in and they expand inside your ear, and they won't hurt at all in my experience, whereas any other material causes pain within half an hour as Bobo has said.
Indeed. I have some Denon squishy foam ones which are very comfortable, never fall out, have great sound quality and weren't particularly expensive.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I imagine Tango's to look something like this, which, if I were going to wear big headphones then I reckon that rocking the retro look would be far better than wearing those things that today's footballers wear.

Not too far off. They're Phillips and the lad bought me them quite a while back. They have a long cable (so long I can actually go and make a brew with them on) and a sound control on my end. Since I only wear them at home for TV and CD and nobody sees them I'm quite happy with them. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:31 pm

Swear by my Sennheiser cordless phones ,indoors only though as they're huuuuuge. Had a look last wk at some noise reduction headphones. Which best buy last year were some Panasonic's that are now down to sixty quid. Sold!!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:40 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Swear by my Sennheiser cordless phones ,indoors only though as they're huuuuuge. Had a look last wk at some noise reduction headphones. Which best buy last year were some Panasonic's that are now down to sixty quid. Sold!!
I got some in ear ones of them. They're pretty good.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:55 pm

How do you stop the feckers breaking though?! Two months in , one ear goes, 3 months in, fecked.

I do buy fairly cheap ones, but that's because it's happened before with relatively expensive ones too. I wrap em around my phone which I know you're not supposed to (hence why I never take them back) but what else are you meant to do?!

Wankers.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:08 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Swear by my Sennheiser cordless phones ,indoors only though as they're huuuuuge. Had a look last wk at some noise reduction headphones. Which best buy last year were some Panasonic's that are now down to sixty quid. Sold!!
Sennheisers for me too, in ear ones though...

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:29 pm

Prufrock wrote:How do you stop the feckers breaking though?! Two months in , one ear goes, 3 months in, fecked.

I do buy fairly cheap ones, but that's because it's happened before with relatively expensive ones too. I wrap em around my phone which I know you're not supposed to (hence why I never take them back) but what else are you meant to do?!

Wankers.
Unplug 'em. Then loop 'em up and put 'em in your pocket.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:49 pm

Then they end up at the bottom of my pocket under my phone and keys and shit. And tie themselves in knots. And come out attached to any of the above.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:57 pm

Use a different pocket.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:09 pm

It's not the nineties! I dont have combat pants. Keys and wallet in one, phone in the other. They'd still get tangled up anyway. I want them to make ones I CAN wrap around my phone without breaking. Someone do that. Dragons Den.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:31 pm

Prufrock wrote:It's not the nineties! I dont have combat pants. Keys and wallet in one, phone in the other. They'd still get tangled up anyway. I want them to make ones I CAN wrap around my phone without breaking. Someone do that. Dragons Den.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Headpho ... preventer/

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Well not really angry, just appalled. Flicked onto Talksport as I do when someone is boring me on 5Live. Some nice person was on there bleating about his new World Cup anthem which was going to unite the country. it was like he had his finger on the pulse of the football supporting nation. I left it on with gritted teeth to discover who this tool was. Turns out it was none other than TW favourite, Omid Djalili.
They played a clip, it was wank!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Awesome! Will give it a go. Going to look like a weirdo hunting around for a pen specifically with a spring, but hey ho.