Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by 89bwfc89 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:15 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Don't ever be afraid of asking for help 89. I've seen some of what you describe up close and the only people who can really help are professionals. Please get in touch with some organisation or other . It's too much to take on as just a friend, or even family. This needs special treatment and professional advice even if the person involved says they don't want it. Sorry I can't offer more, but maybe this will help:

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/living_ ... person.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for taking the time to reply Tango, I was just reading the same article and it's given me some perspective. Some of the things they say don't do, I have been doing. I will definitely continue to encourage a visit to the doctor.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:51 pm

Just come out of a budget presentation meeting. One of my colleagues thought it'd be a good idea to open his with a Churchillian quote. It wasn't. He couldn't have picked a worse one to trot out in front of the new Yank bosses. The dick.

The ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month, next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen. :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:25 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Just come out of a budget presentation meeting. One of my colleagues thought it'd be a good idea to open his with a Churchillian quote. It wasn't. He couldn't have picked a worse one to trot out in front of the new Yank bosses. The dick.

The ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month, next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen. :roll:
:lol:

I'm getting the American phrase "workforce management candidate"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:20 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Don't ever be afraid of asking for help 89. I've seen some of what you describe up close and the only people who can really help are professionals. Please get in touch with some organisation or other . It's too much to take on as just a friend, or even family. This needs special treatment and professional advice even if the person involved says they don't want it. Sorry I can't offer more, but maybe this will help:

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/living_ ... person.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for taking the time to reply Tango, I was just reading the same article and it's given me some perspective. Some of the things they say don't do, I have been doing. I will definitely continue to encourage a visit to the doctor.
the article that tango has linked to is very good advice...

I'd add one other really, important thing:

(and this is really, really, really hard to do! - so it's do as I say, not as I do!)

however much you have been involved in supporting them, never allow yourself to think that you are totally, irrevocably, personally responsible for a friend's life and decisions... you're not...

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:56 pm

Thanks Bish and everyone who has taken the time to pm, it's been really helpful. I'm feeling much more confident about how to handle this now.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:07 pm

Just found amusing. A review describing a film as (as near as I remember without looking it up)

"Acted, edited and filmed with all the grace of a drum set falling down an elevator shaft"

That good hey? Just made me grin. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:22 pm

The good news: Portugal in the morning. The bad news: I can't find the 400 euros I changed yesterday. Feck.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:41 pm

Just watched a Sunday version of Celebrity Pointless and the finalists were Roy Wood and Rick Wakeman. One of the the jackpot question choices:Name a team that Robin Van Persie scored against in the 2011-2012 season. They won the money with..............Bolton Wanderers... :(

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:23 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Just watched a Sunday version of Celebrity Pointless and the finalists were Roy Wood and Rick Wakeman. One of the the jackpot question choices:Name a team that Robin Van Persie scored against in the 2011-2012 season. They won the money with..............Bolton Wanderers... :(
I'd have thought that 100 people would have got that one right, Tango :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:33 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Just watched a Sunday version of Celebrity Pointless and the finalists were Roy Wood and Rick Wakeman. One of the the jackpot question choices:Name a team that Robin Van Persie scored against in the 2011-2012 season. They won the money with..............Bolton Wanderers... :(
I was quite surprise myself. Another pointless answer was Blackburn Rovers.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:16 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I was quite surprise myself. Another pointless answer was Blackburn Rovers.
They are always pointless. :wink:

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:36 am

Just a little bit sad today.

A year or so ago a cat turned up at my place. He was thin as a rake, probably not much more than a year old and obviously hungry. We fed him. No doubt he was attracted to the place as two cats, both female, reside here. I suspect that he had been injured at some time as his tail wagged sideways, something like a whip, all the time. A couple of times in the early days of his attendance I tried to pick him up. I suffered for my impertinence; talk about a wild-cat! The scars took ages to heal.

Over time he settled down a bit and would allow a couple of 'strokes' prior to his meal. Two were his maximum as he'd walk away when he'd had enough. Sometimes he'd turn up for two meals a day and at other times we wouldn't see him for two or three days at a time. No doubt he was eating elsewhere. As a result he put on weight and became a good looking, if smallish, tom. All that additional mass seemed to be muscular as was never over weight and when giving him his daily two strokes you could feel his fitness. We christened him Trouble simply because when he first turned up my wife and I used to say "Trouble's arrived" or "Here's trouble". The reason for that was of course that our two residents were not at all impressed. There could have been the odd bit of chasing but most of the time it was confined to lots of growling and hissing on both sides of the equation. Eventually a truce was called and our two put up with him and he didn't bother them much.

Where he came from and to whom, if anyone, he belonged I have no idea. Perhaps he was just a feral or, perhaps, dumped by some unfeeling twit.

A week or so ago my wife was walking to the railway station, as is her wont, and noticed a piece of 'road kill' (sorry there's no better way to put it) which had the colouring of Trouble - he was a grey tabby. It seems that her assumption was correct as he hasn't turned up for his meals since then. :cry:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:49 am

A shame Dujon :(

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:43 am

Bad luck Dujon. Lost a couple of cats that way in the past. It hurts more than folk think.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:27 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/14/boy-named ... O=facebook

I don't even know where to start on this one.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:40 pm

LeverEnd wrote:http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/14/boy-named ... O=facebook

It's the kid's name ffs. How can they refuse to put it on when they're advertising to do that? Lunacy.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:43 pm

Seems any entirely appropriate reponse to dumb parenting. I'd make sure Santa took the same hard line.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:44 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

It's the kid's name ffs. How can they refuse to put it on when they're advertising to do that? Lunacy.
Very true.
Lesser issues are the fact that she posed for one of those 'sad face' photos that shit papers do, and that she called her kid after that bellend in the first place!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:11 am

LeverEnd wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Very true.
Lesser issues are the fact that she posed for one of those 'sad face' photos that shit papers do, and that she called her kid after that bellend in the first place!
All true, but shame for the kid. Mind you, it could have been worse if she'd called him Bilbo or Gollum.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:47 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Very true.
All true, but shame for the kid. Mind you, it could have been worse if she'd called him Bilbo or Gollum.
You may have a point, but I disagree on principle.