Oh just lay off crouch will you

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

giannichedda
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by giannichedda » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:06 pm

2 words.

Carragher, Davies.
Non si puo avere la botte piena è la moglie ubriaca.

L'occhio del padrone ingrassa il cavallo.

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." (Martin Luther King Jr.)

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:12 pm

If that Stupid Smuck Erickson saw or sees the game on tape he will see that as a target man Super Kev was better than crouch.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:14 pm

blurred wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:aye but banter aside we know he's not completely useless, today was one of his quieter games, major thanks to faye and jaidi

even so, a relief he didn't score :D that would've been some serious backtracking
Was praying that he'd knock one in today, for that very reason :D

Jaidi did do a good job on him for a fair part, don't know quite why the ref waited until about the 80 odd'th minute to decide that it's actually against the laws for a defender to piggy back on him to win headers, but fair enough
Defenders have been doing that to Kevin Davies for two seasons, and are hardly ever punished for it.

giannichedda
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by giannichedda » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:16 pm

daxter15 wrote:If that Stupid Smuck Erickson saw or sees the game on tape he will see that as a target man Super Kev was better than crouch.
Crouch is shite in the air, hes much better with the ball at his feet.
Non si puo avere la botte piena è la moglie ubriaca.

L'occhio del padrone ingrassa il cavallo.

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." (Martin Luther King Jr.)

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:24 pm

daxter15 wrote:If that Stupid Smuck Erickson saw or sees the game on tape he will see that as a target man Super Kev was better than crouch.
I don't think that Davies did too well as the front man today, got beaten to the ball a lot of the time. He did have a good game apart from that though.

Crouch did bugger all really.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:33 pm

warthog wrote:
blurred wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:aye but banter aside we know he's not completely useless, today was one of his quieter games, major thanks to faye and jaidi

even so, a relief he didn't score :D that would've been some serious backtracking
Was praying that he'd knock one in today, for that very reason :D

Jaidi did do a good job on him for a fair part, don't know quite why the ref waited until about the 80 odd'th minute to decide that it's actually against the laws for a defender to piggy back on him to win headers, but fair enough
Defenders have been doing that to Kevin Davies for two seasons, and are hardly ever punished for it.
Oh it happens up and down the country every week, and has been for decades I'm sure. I'm just having a moan because it appeared more apparent today than usual (because we were away?) The ref usually evens things up and gives half as backing in and half as climbing. Just seemed to ignore some blatent ones today for my money...

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:14 am

Difference being with Davies it is just a hand on the shoulders. With Crouch it is arms round neck, legs wrapped around and climbing up. They need a few seconds start just to reach the top.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:30 am

plodder wrote:Difference being with Davies it is just a hand on the shoulders. With Crouch it is arms round neck, legs wrapped around and climbing up. They need a few seconds start just to reach the top.
Indeed, but because of his freakishly big stature I think the refs, on occasion, let the defenders get away with more because otherwise it'd just be 'unfair'. But like all strikers they have days when it gets given a few times and the defenders stop it, or it doesn't get given the first few and they end up whinging about it all game and go looking for it. Yesterday was one of the latter, sadly, with Jaidi getting away with a few piggy-backs in the first half that Crouch wasn't too happy about.

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:23 pm

He was a bit poor today.....

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:27 pm

plodder wrote:He was a bit poor today.....
Indeed, apart from holding up the ball prior to Gerrard's first goal, and a few touches and a bit of holding up, he didn't have his best game, that's for sure.

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:28 pm

*CLICHE ALERT*

He's got a good touch for a big lad though...
Viva La Portable Radio!

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:30 pm

blurred wrote:
plodder wrote:He was a bit poor today.....
Indeed, apart from holding up the ball prior to Gerrard's first goal, and a few touches and a bit of holding up, he didn't have his best game, that's for sure.
He was holding up a few of the defenders......with one arm !

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:36 pm

Quick question - would you rather have Dean Ashton at £7.25 million?! :o

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:38 pm

blurred wrote:Quick question - would you rather have Dean Ashton at £7.25 million?! :o
Than Crouch? It appears that we have the need for neither my good man. :wink:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
blurred wrote:Quick question - would you rather have Dean Ashton at £7.25 million?! :o
Top bombing Brucie :lol:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankie Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Frankie Wanderer » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:49 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Spot on Brucie

:D
Frankie says " on the day that your mentality catches up with your biology, come round. "

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:51 pm

Righty, I'm outta here Image

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:01 am

Ridiculous money for Crouch. Ridiculous money for Ashton. Don't ask me to choose between them.

Ok, if you insist - I'd take Crouch. He's not the kind of first-choice striker I'd hang my hat on (not that I could reach), but he does add a bit of variation because he's so..... different.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:00 am

how much did you pay for Cisse? he was dogshit yesterday was not on the same planet as the rest of the team and that miss from 6 yards well.........

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:10 am

hisroyalgingerness wrote:how much did you pay for Cisse? he was dogshit yesterday was not on the same planet as the rest of the team and that miss from 6 yards well.........
I think he has been dogshxt all season!! A started flapping when the rumours started about him coming here!!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!