Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:07 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
It was a weird one. As I think you'd warned they did a lot of stuff off the new album that I haven't got round to getting yet. Very few oldies at all, so meant I didn't know most of the set. They're a fecking ace band, and his voice is incredible, but not being able to get into every song in the same way, added to being on my own, meant I spent a lot of time getting pissed-off at pricks with camera phones. For like a good 2 hours.

I felt a bit annoyed at myself because it's a lot of cash to go see them and I should have listened to the album a few times first. Still enjoyable, mind. Reckon it'd be a different experience going on my own to see an album tour of an album I loved. Then went for a pint after coz it felt weird not to, and got chatting to some guys who'd been. So had the after-experience as if I hadn't gone alone!
Absolute nobs. By all means, take a pic, but holding it up in front of people's faces to video the gig is pathetic, selfish and annoying.
Watched The Wildhearts at The Academy last year and Ginger made of point of suggesting that audience members snatch the phones away and launch them across the room. Good lad.
Saw The Wildhearts at the Forum last year. Someone at the front had his camera held up for the first three songs. Ginger asked him for the camera ostensibly to take a 'selfie' of him with the crowd. When it was handed over he said ''you can have it back at the end of the gig' and put it down on the stage. This same gig I had some drunken nice person behind me holding his camera above my head. As his arms grew tired he rested them on my shoulders like I was a f*cking tripod. That soon stopped. :evil:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:14 pm

Thursday 12 March 2015 - Manchester Ritz - Idlewild
Saturday 14 March 2015 - Manchester Ritz - Stiff Little Fingers

Think I'd better book the Friday off. :pissed:
May the bridges I burn light your way

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:43 pm

Going watching Paloma Faith in March (for my birthday) with my Granddaughter..We both love her, gonna be a good night :oyea:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:14 pm

twilight wrote:Going watching Paloma Faith in March (for my birthday) with my Granddaughter..We both love her, gonna be a good night :oyea:
Ooooh .... jealous.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:17 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
twilight wrote:Going watching Paloma Faith in March (for my birthday) with my Granddaughter..We both love her, gonna be a good night :oyea:
Ooooh .... jealous.

Ha, can't see paloma being your thing really :)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:19 pm

twilight wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Ooooh .... jealous.

Oddly she is. A fine voice, great guttural soul sound and as mad as a box of frogs. Love her.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:20 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
twilight wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Ooooh .... jealous.

Oddly she is. A fine voice, great guttural soul sound and as mad as a box of frogs. Love her.
I take it back then. Good taste 8)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:27 pm

twilight wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
twilight wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Ooooh .... jealous.

I take it back then. Good taste 8)
... & not 3 tickets ? Afraid I'd embarrass you ??

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:40 pm

Ha, can't see paloma being your thing really :)[/quote]Oddly she is. A fine voice, great guttural soul sound and as mad as a box of frogs. Love her.[/quote]I take it back then. Good taste 8)[/quote] ... & not 3 tickets ? Afraid I'd embarrass you ??[/quote]

:D Embaraased. me? never! But no fraid not. Just me and my little "mou".

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:37 pm

Just got back from ACCEPT Live at the Corner!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:41 pm

Cara Dillon was fantastic last night and I can highly recommend the RNCM in Manchester, it's a fantastic venue. Great concert and she even came out to the foyer afterwards for a chat. All topped off with a kebab from Abduls.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:44 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Cara Dillon was fantastic last night and I can highly recommend the RNCM in Manchester, it's a fantastic venue. Great concert and she even came out to the foyer afterwards for a chat. All topped off with a kebab from Abduls.
Did you have a "knees up" ?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:11 pm

Knee up. Singular.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:47 pm

2399 wrote:Just got back from ACCEPT Live at the Corner!

Hope your balls are firmly against the wall 2399!!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:06 am

Had a gloriously surreal evening tonight at Gray's Inn Grand Night. At a pre-drinks reception beforehand I met the former Lord Chief Justice (and best-named man for his job ever) Lord Judge and had a chat about how he'd once been to Burnden and seen Nat play. He's pretty much legal royalty (regal legal) so that was surreal. Then had dinner in the great hall. It was great fun, but I'm pretty sure JK Rowling had been to one. Basically got to pretend I was Harry Potter and get battered on really nice wine and good food. Tip top night!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:23 am

Tonight, at the Lowry, Opera North's praised production of La Traviata. All those lush Verdi tunes.

Tomorrow, at Cineworld, New York Met's The Barber of Seville.

Opera weekend. Yeah... :D :D :D

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:20 pm

William the White wrote:Tonight, at the Lowry, Opera North's praised production of La Traviata. All those lush Verdi tunes.

I'll beat your cultural weekend with a night on the lash down "Wigan Lane" (in Wigan for my mates birthday) :lol:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:59 pm

wigan white wrote:
William the White wrote:Tonight, at the Lowry, Opera North's praised production of La Traviata. All those lush Verdi tunes.

I'll beat your cultural weekend with a night on the lash down "Wigan Lane" (in Wigan for my mates birthday) :lol:
See now in Bolton you can combine the two with a trip to the ironically named Hogarth's gin emporium. Did I mention we also had a Dali bar. I sneer down my nose at your Wigan night out.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:51 am

LeverEnd wrote:
wigan white wrote:

See now in Bolton you can combine the two with a trip to the ironically named Hogarth's gin emporium. Did I mention we also had a Dali bar. I sneer down my nose at your Wigan night out.
See, I've just got in and am absolutely b laddered and have to say Wigan lane was class and finished off with a brilliant karaoke rendering of "Boom shake the room" by yours truly :oyea:
plus my office is next door but 2 to Hogarths and although a good drinking venue, does not offer the musical karaoke delights of yours truly characterising the "Fresh Prince" in a musical whimsy :lol:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:49 pm

Went to the Whisky sessions in town last night. I am Kloot were headlining and were superb as always but there was plenty of other good stuff on. We caught Admiral Fallow, Tim Burgess and British Sea Powers sets which were all good but the stand out group (aside from IAK) were the Travelling Bad. Never heard of em before but will definitely be checking them out after their high energy, jumping performance.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"