General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:32 pm

Do you know that they now do a 'Divorced Barbie'? She comes with Ken's car, Ken's house and Ken's fecking boat!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:54 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:To be fair - they did have a kid together who, from what I can gather, she brought up alone without maintenance. It's not unreasonable, that he contributes to his upbringing now, if for whatever reason the law couldn't make him do so at the time
Sorry - think that's a complete crock o shite, Harry. I doubt she's kept all the bills and it's sunk costs - they're gone. Would you suggest that folks pay back state support retrospectively, because they're now in work?

The law could make him pay at the time. He just didn't have any money at the time. I'm currently married and never been divorced, but it just strikes me that the divorce legislation in this and other countries is completely fcuked up and one way traffic.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:01 pm

I still see no reason to change my opinion of the gold digging work shy bint.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:06 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:To be fair - they did have a kid together who, from what I can gather, she brought up alone without maintenance. It's not unreasonable, that he contributes to his upbringing now, if for whatever reason the law couldn't make him do so at the time
Sorry - think that's a complete crock o shite, Harry. I doubt she's kept all the bills and it's sunk costs - they're gone. Would you suggest that folks pay back state support retrospectively, because they're now in work?

The law could make him pay at the time. He just didn't have any money at the time. I'm currently married and never been divorced, but it just strikes me that the divorce legislation in this and other countries is completely fcuked up and one way traffic.
Potentially, he could have been living the life of Riley having cocaine blown up his aris by hookers while the child he fathered was living in penury. I don't think it's unreasonable that he should take care of the lad and the person who brought him up now he's in a position to.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:13 pm

They were both New Age Travellers. Feck em both.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:23 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Potentially, he could have been living the life of Riley having cocaine blown up his aris by hookers while the child he fathered was living in penury. I don't think it's unreasonable that he should take care of the lad and the person who brought him up now he's in a position to.
How would he do that with no money? :-) He wouldn't be "taking care of the lad" as it's retrospective - it's already gone.

I'm all in favour of any parent paying to bring up their own children, but the "lad" is now 32. What do you think should happen here? Someone estimates how much it cost took to bring up a child between 1983 and 2001 and bills him half? Try and ascertain how much the mother spent in those years and award half of that (she lived on benefits and low paid jobs according to the article)? Should some go to the state, because actually we paid some to bring him up - benefits portion?

She's claiming £1.6m (even though the judge said nothing like would be awarded).

Article in the Independent here shows that being a mother would cost £100k per annum...(Seriously - how many folks do they think earn £100k per annum in the UK?)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 14860.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's the sort of completely flawed logic half our divorce legislation is based around.

More shite divorce legislation. I do have a number of friends that have been through it - they don't reckon it's very equitable. Thin end, very thick wedge. I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:24 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

The son is not a 'lad', he is 32 or so, Harry - his upbringing is ancient history. There seems no record of what the divorce settlement stated at the time. Thank God, mine is quite clear and support payments stop in May.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:47 pm

mungoring some rumours Russian-style!

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-russ ... 015-3?IR=T

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:19 pm

Kitten had Kittens, 5 of them.
thebish wrote:Matty T seems to have lost some weight but gained no pace...
Upto page 23 of the Joke Thread! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4434&start=440" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:00 pm

Why wasn't she de-sexed? :conf:

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:40 pm

I think we were organizing De-Sexing when she got Pregnant.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:44 am

top job!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:29 am

That has to be a pisstake, no?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:That has to be a pisstake, no?
sadly - i suspect it is... :(

the shape of the sign bears an uncanny resemblance to this one...

http://www.stjosephskeighley.org.uk/home

but - then, it might be a generically available blank...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:35 am

Boa Vista, top place for doing now't except eat, drink and lap up sunshine :D
Would have loved a do at the wind surfing/kiting/Quad biking but fitness problems intervened but it's a hell of a place for that and scuba diving.
Lovely people, excellent digs (the club hotel Karamboa, except to call it a hotel is a misrepresentation it's a bloody resort on Vegas scale), food top drawer, only drawback the odd pestering lucky, lucky, men from Senegal on the beach who manage to evade security and try to flog you shit!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:16 pm

One for Spotski. Waiting with the dog outside Farnworth Asda, a girl sat down nearby and pulled out a vapor-puffer-e-cig machine and started puffing on it. It was so big that I expected either a snake to appear out of a basket or to suddenly hear a chorus of Stranger on the Shore. :shock:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:One for Spotski. Waiting with the dog outside Farnworth Asda, a girl sat down nearby and pulled out a vapor-puffer-e-cig machine and started puffing on it. It was so big that I expected either a snake to appear out of a basket or to suddenly hear a chorus of Stranger on the Shore. :shock:
Serves you right for taking you dog to Asda. Canines prefer Waitrose, or Sainsburys.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:01 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:One for Spotski. Waiting with the dog outside Farnworth Asda, a girl sat down nearby and pulled out a vapor-puffer-e-cig machine and started puffing on it. It was so big that I expected either a snake to appear out of a basket or to suddenly hear a chorus of Stranger on the Shore.
First time I saw one of those I thought it miust be a steampunk dildo.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:14 pm

oh dear! wardrobe malfunction!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:53 pm

On Tuesday, only hours after Greece’s leftist-led government announced that the prime minister, Alexis Tsipras, had accepted an offer by the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, to visit Berlin, it was revealed that he would also be making a similar tour to Moscow. “The prime minister will visit the Kremlin on 8 April after being invited by the Russian president, Vladimir Putin,” his office said.

Before the sun had set over the Acropolis, the top US diplomat Victoria Nuland had waded in, holding talks with Greece’s foreign minister, Nikos Kotzias, in Athens.
Oh dear God, we know what happened when she 'popped up' in the Ukraine!
Best start digging those bunkers boys.