What are you playing tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you playing tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:06 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:Saw this article today - band members from 2005 and what they're doing now.

http://www.nme.com/features/10-years-on ... -doing-now" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

always interesting seeing them lead 'normal' lives now. Also got me listening to the Long Blondes again, and what a loss to music their unfortunate break up was. Hope the guitarist is doing well.
I have Long Time Coming by The Delays on my Ipod. Until two minutes ago I'd hitherto assumed that it was a bird singing it. :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:59 pm

I've had a Yerksher night

LMT, Windle, Bromheads Jacket amongst others
Sto ut Serviam

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:53 pm

Currently listening to an album which is a collaboration between Miley Cyrus and The Flaming Lips, which is not something I thought I would ever find myself saying.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:22 am

Beefheart wrote:Currently listening to an album which is a collaboration between Miley Cyrus and The Flaming Lips, which is not something I thought I would ever find myself saying.
They are bonkers though, so nothing surprises me! What's it like? I've seen them twice, superb live band but a lot of weird stuff I can't get into.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:35 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Beefheart wrote:Currently listening to an album which is a collaboration between Miley Cyrus and The Flaming Lips, which is not something I thought I would ever find myself saying.
They are bonkers though, so nothing surprises me! What's it like? I've seen them twice, superb live band but a lot of weird stuff I can't get into.
Some decent songs, it's 22 songs and 90 minutes long though so I haven't even listened to it all yet. Could probably do with being half that.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:23 pm

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:06 pm

That song has been used on loads of TV shows. Absolutely classic intro.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:08 am

this morning - whilst preparing for sunday and against the backdrop of a Newton Abbot local response to the refugee crisis, I have been mostly listening to the unutterably beautiful "Spiegel im Spiegel" by Arvo Pärt...

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:59 pm

A stressful few weeks, personally and professionally, and some sad news from home today to round it all off. Calming music called for.

Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:08 pm

thebish wrote:this morning - whilst preparing for sunday and against the backdrop of a Newton Abbot local response to the refugee crisis, I have been mostly listening to the unutterably beautiful "Spiegel im Spiegel" by Arvo Pärt...

Stunningly beautiful. I'm a big fan of Part since seeing the concert of his music at the Bridgewater Hall in the Manchester festival.

Manchester Camerata have a piece of his coming soon: http://www.manchestercamerata.co.uk/wha ... e-festival" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:48 pm

For me, one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever: Tchaikovsky's love theme from Romeo and Juliet. Just one of many great variations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLQ8fQNrHVw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:02 pm

I don't know if anyone else even buys CDs anymore, but I was just in 'That's Entertainment' and they've got a sale on that means I somehow managed to buy 13 albums for £1.84. Worth a look if you find yourself in central Manchester.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:41 pm

Beefheart wrote:I don't know if anyone else even buys CDs anymore, but I was just in 'That's Entertainment' and they've got a sale on that means I somehow managed to buy 13 albums for £1.84. Worth a look if you find yourself in central Manchester.
I do. Cheers, Beefheart. I'll try to get down there on Sunday.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Beefheart wrote:I don't know if anyone else even buys CDs anymore, but I was just in 'That's Entertainment' and they've got a sale on that means I somehow managed to buy 13 albums for £1.84. Worth a look if you find yourself in central Manchester.
Upstairs at the back, have to sift through the forgotten x-factor contestants of yesteryear but there's some good stuff in there too.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:59 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Upstairs at the back, have to sift through the forgotten x-factor contestants of yesteryear but there's some good stuff in there too.
Ta mate. I do love a good record shop shufty and it's been a long while since I last had one. I still miss The Corn Exchange. :(

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Ta mate. I do love a good record shop shufty and it's been a long while since I last had one. I still miss The Corn Exchange. :(
Last time I did that, it was in Robinson's Records. :-)

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:13 pm

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:29 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Last time I did that, it was in Robinson's Records. :-)

Get down to X-Records in town. Support your local record shop! :oyea:

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:37 pm

Bit of LCD Soundsystem for the morning.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjZn3mm ... hpbVD48HcT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Caitlin Grey. This girl is magical. Listen to a few of her tracks..., particularly Scarboro Fair

Which led me back in time to Sandy Denny..... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb43-Q70olM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?