General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:36 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Thing is with Nandos, it's widely popular and is an attraction. It might not be fine dining, but would such a restaurant take off in Bolton TC? Maybe if the place gets busy someone can open one in the vaults. Nandos is a good move IMO for a cinema complex particularly. Compared to what's going on now it's got to be an improvement.
Says the bloke hoping that his mate gets drafted in to manage the Bolton TC 'restaurant', so that he can take advantage of free food!! :wink:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:01 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Thing is with Nandos, it's widely popular and is an attraction. It might not be fine dining, but would such a restaurant take off in Bolton TC? Maybe if the place gets busy someone can open one in the vaults. Nandos is a good move IMO for a cinema complex particularly. Compared to what's going on now it's got to be an improvement.
Says the bloke hoping that his mate gets drafted in to manage the Bolton TC 'restaurant', so that he can take advantage of free food!! :wink:
He's got the gig. 2nd in command as it happens. I'll defend Nandos to a point, but I'm not fecking paying for it!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:28 pm

Town Hall looks pretty tonight...

Bolton Pride?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:54 am

thebish wrote:Town Hall looks pretty tonight...

Bolton Pride?

Guess so. Anyone else notice the lighting below the clock looks like 2 sets of cock and balls?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:28 am

I think you need professional help GtE. :-)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:42 am

There was a pride thing on. A friend of mine organised the gigs. If I'd been around I imagine the beer festival would've held more interest. First time I've missed it in 5 years.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:55 am

Not a night to perform the forfeit between the lions.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:01 am

bobo the clown wrote:Not a night to perform the forfeit between the lions.
:mrgreen:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:23 pm

Hoboh wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Not a night to perform the forfeit between the lions.
:mrgreen:
Unless that's your thing, of course, in which case, nowt like free advertising.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:19 pm

:lol:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:51 pm

two hotels down the road from me - I passed them both whilst walking the dog this morning - have christmas decs up and the first coachloads of Turkey&Tinsel guests in...

in october - christmas dinners now being served...

Mi dispiace!!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:02 pm

thebish wrote:two hotels down the road from me - I passed them both whilst walking the dog this morning - have christmas decs up and the first coachloads of Turkey&Tinsel guests in...

Mi dispiace!!
Masson Mills Shopping Village has had Christmas decorations up for over three weeks now.
Last night in the Fishpond pub was a group booking for a 'Christmas wreathe making class'
Invitations to our works Christmas meal (which will take place in Nofeckinvember) was emailed out six weeks ago.
Devon is obviously more traditional than Derbyshire. :evil:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:41 pm

I've already chosen my three courses for our Christmas do, weeks ago. I'll be fecked if I can remember what I ordered though. It'll be the fish starter, fish main and cheese anyway.
May the bridges I burn light your way

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I've already chosen my three courses for our Christmas do, weeks ago. I'll be fecked if I can remember what I ordered though. It'll be the fish starter, fish main and cheese anyway.
Unless the artisan black pud was on offer :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:45 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:two hotels down the road from me - I passed them both whilst walking the dog this morning - have christmas decs up and the first coachloads of Turkey&Tinsel guests in...

Mi dispiace!!
Masson Mills Shopping Village has had Christmas decorations up for over three weeks now.
Last night in the Fishpond pub was a group booking for a 'Christmas wreathe making class'
Invitations to our works Christmas meal (which will take place in Nofeckinvember) was emailed out six weeks ago.
Fair do's. If they are slow learners it could easily take a couple of months to learn to make a wreathe, so best to start lessons now.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:08 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Mi dispiace!!
Fair do's. If they are slow learners it could easily take a couple of months to learn to make a wreathe, so best to start lessons now.
Really, are they that difficult to make? well I never.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:14 am

Sat sitting in front of the computer screen early so's I can bugger off even earlier tonight and without thinking let a couple rip. Just come back into the office after making a coffee and the whole place stinks. The windows are welded shut so I've got the air conditioning on full blast with the door wide open hoping the smell dissipates somewhat before my co-workers turn up in about ten minutes time. Ooops!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:00 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Mi dispiace!!
Wreath as a noun has no 'e' on the end. Sorry - I get irritated at trivial things the day after a stupid defeat...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:10 am

William the White wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Mi dispiace!!
Wreath as a noun has no 'e' on the end. Sorry - I get irritated at trivial things the day after a stupid defeat...
Soz. (I realise one actually spells it sorry, but hey hoe*) (*PS note the '...' - that's because I was quoting what was on the reservation notices plonked all over the tables. But to make up for it you can have a go at the added e on the ho - that's all my own doing :wink: )
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:10 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
William the White wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Mi dispiace!!
Soz. (I realise one actually spells it sorry, but hey hoe*) (*PS note the '...' - that's because I was quoting what was on the reservation notices plonked all over the tables. But to make up for it you can have a go at the added e on the ho - that's all my own doing :wink: )
You can be so very understanding and obliging.