What are you playing tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: What are you playing tonight?

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:13 pm

Well one thing's for sure ... whatever their intent they do not sound anywhere near "bluegrass slide guitar mixed with stripper drum beats and Canned Heat vocals."
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:26 pm

Prufrock wrote:Aye, not a band to listen to an album of. I tend to have a few songs and then stick Queens of the Stone Age on.

Though, tbf, I've never really been able to listen to more than a few Foo's songs in a row. I like the idea of them much more than I do their actual music!
That.
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:29 am

this morning... Nitin Sawhney..

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:18 pm

Plans for a quiet night in close to being scuppered by listening for the first time in ages to Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine and getting in the mood for a beer or ten.

One of their early classics, both musically and lyrically...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:42 pm

A mention by Bruce of a relation called Bohemia reminded me of this. Here's the link. I like it. Click on the vid. :

http://gypsiesofbohemia.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:19 pm

Went to watch Consumer Electronics play last night on the back of a free ticket. Enjoyable for a bit but the patience went thin quite quickly.

Support band Alberich was fecking superb though.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:30 pm

Sorted 8)

You purchased 3 tickets to:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Stiff Little Fingers
O2 Ritz Manchester, Manchester,
Sat 19 Mar 2016, 18:30
Details: Stiff Little Fingers
Order for: Bruce Rioja
Seat location: section TICKET
Total Charge: £65.95

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:26 pm

I got 2 tickets for Roger Hodgson (Supertramp) late March in a box in the Royal Albert Hall. Let's say the tickets didn't cost me £66 !!!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:20 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I got 2 tickets for Roger Hodgson (Supertramp) late March in a box in the Royal Albert Hall. Let's say the tickets didn't cost me £66 !!!

Each?!!
You'll be nipping around the corner to the union bar at Imperial College then to save yourself a few quid on drinks. Always a winner :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:24 pm

Il Pirate wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:I got 2 tickets for Roger Hodgson (Supertramp) late March in a box in the Royal Albert Hall. Let's say the tickets didn't cost me £66 !!!

Each?!!
You'll be nipping around the corner to the union bar at Imperial College then to save yourself a few quid on drinks. Always a winner :wink:
He doesn't even get to see Supertramp!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:49 pm

Il Pirate wrote:

Each?!!
... a fckg sight more, each.

Yes. I could use my Senior Common Room pass I suppose. :oyea:

Now looking for a good hotel in Ken/South Ken which won't cost me the actual Earth.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:31 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:

Each?!!
... a fckg sight more, each.

Yes. I could use my Senior Common Room pass I suppose. :oyea:

Now looking for a good hotel in Ken/South Ken which won't cost me the actual Earth.
Kensigton Holiday Inn always does for me when I'm working at Earl's Court. Get thissen in theyer.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:20 pm

Constantly, in my head all over Christmas, I've been earwormed with Herman and his fxckin Hermits "No Milk Today". It was one of the tracks featured in that play about the making of Dad's Army. Bastards.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:42 pm

Am loving the Elle King and new Coldplay albums. Belting :oyea:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:10 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Am loving the Elle King and new Coldplay albums. Belting :oyea:
I find Coldplay to be tedious in the extreme. However, I heard a song on the wireless a couple of weeks ago and thought - if Coldplay were any good they'd sound like this, and it was them! :shock:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Am loving the Elle King and new Coldplay albums. Belting :oyea:
I find Coldplay to be tedious in the extreme. However, I heard a song on the wireless a couple of weeks ago and thought - if Coldplay were any good they'd sound like this, and it was them! :shock:
I know a lot of folk aren't keen but I really like them. I was listening to a Lemmy tribute on radio two this afternoon and they played some Motorhead song about a reptile. To me it was loud music for the sake of it with no great tune and lyrics like they'd been written by a 12 year old. Certainly not in Chris Martins league :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:41 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I know a lot of folk aren't keen but I really like them. I was listening to a Lemmy tribute on radio two this afternoon and they played some Motorhead song about a reptile. To me it was loud music for the sake of it with no great tune and lyrics like they'd been written by a 12 year old. Certainly not in Chris Martins league :D

The difference being Motorheads music was designed to drink, smoke, dance, feck and fight to.

With Coldplay you sit, eat, sip and tap your feet to. No comparison. No peer.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:24 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

The difference being Motorheads music was designed to drink, smoke, dance, feck and fight to.

You like Quo so therefore any opinion is null and void :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:01 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Oh dear. Have you a demonstration of music played by a 12 year old? Can you actually play a musical instrument? Do you know what the feck you're on about? You think Coldplay are good, yes? Does the term 'Rock and Roll' mean anything to you? :D

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:38 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:The difference being Motorheads music was designed to drink, smoke, dance, feck and fight to.

I find Coldplay's music is designed to have me hit the off-button to.

Not quite Liberace but in the region of.