What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:24 pm

Finally made it all the way through Interstellar. What a great big load of dross bollox that is. Made even worse by the fact I couldn't make head nor tale of 75% of the conversation. Not because it went over my head but because I had difficulty with the mumbling. Is mumbling the new method acting? And whoever that lead woman was - the one that went into space - wtf was all that wide eyed big grinning gurning all about; she looked close to orgasm in virtually every scene she was in!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:14 pm

Not much stirs the emotions these days, but I've just watched 'Making a murderer' on Netflix. Fknell!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:26 pm

Il Pirate wrote:Not much stirs the emotions these days, but I've just watched 'Making a murderer' on Netflix. Fknell!
Indeed! We've just finished it this week. Makes you thankful for the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984, I'll say!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:49 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:Not much stirs the emotions these days, but I've just watched 'Making a murderer' on Netflix. Fknell!
Indeed! We've just finished it this week. Makes you thankful for the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984, I'll say!
Aye indeed. Don't want to comment too much in case others want to watch it............... :wink:

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:18 am

There's a gazillion articles on a similar topic already but if you like Making a Murderer then also check out two documentaries called Paradise Lost and The Thin Blue Line (no, not that one)

Similar theme I think and supposed to be very good. I've had the pair of them sitting on my HD for yonks but never got round to it yet.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:42 am

Watched Legend last night, the Kray film with Tom Hardy playing both Reggie and Ronnie.

Good stuff, I thought, and Hardy really nailed both parts. As you might expect there was some measure of violence but it wasn't over the top stuff except for one horrible scene in a pub and then the killing of Jack The Hat, which was a bit intense.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:36 pm

"Still Alice". Incredible. Utterly brutal, but incredible. How that wasn't even nominated for best picture I don't know. Best film I've seen in a long time, but f*ck me.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:57 pm

Jakerbeef wrote:There's a gazillion articles on a similar topic already but if you like Making a Murderer then also check out two documentaries called Paradise Lost and The Thin Blue Line (no, not that one)

Similar theme I think and supposed to be very good. I've had the pair of them sitting on my HD for yonks but never got round to it yet.

Cheers Jakerbeef. I've seen Thin Blue Line, but not Paradise Lost, I'll try to check it out.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:47 pm

Also finished series 2 of The Detectorists last night. Cracking programme. Written by and starring Mackenzie Crook and with Toby Jones. Lovely little comedy.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:55 pm

Watched The Hateful Eight. Yep, it's Tarrantino alright. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:16 am

General Mannerheim wrote:Sisters. Two comic powerhouses in a easy watching giggle fest. Nothing new or ground breaking but steady laughs throughout. Biggest being saved for the bloopers reel at the end!
I'm glad! Been looking forward to this for ages, worried it might disappoint. Also had a ridiculously short release down in this that London. By the week after Xmas or was down to one 11.30pm showing a day anywhere near me, so gonna have to wait for the the dvd.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:49 pm

Prufrock wrote:"Still Alice". Incredible. Utterly brutal, but incredible. How that wasn't even nominated for best picture I don't know. Best film I've seen in a long time, but f*ck me.
Julianne Moore won Best Actress for it

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:36 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Ta mu
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Anybody any idea when The Revenant gets released on DVD?
April (Expected)
Ta muchly
A quote from my film Mad stepson who watched it yesterday: "It's the one film I've seen which you absolutely MUST see on a big screen, it's incredible" This from a lad who's a proper film buff. I'm going Wednesday.
Absolutely agree with Not Bob's Son here. Went to see it at the flicks last night, and though I'm sure it'll be ok on DVD, I really recommend getting down to the cinema to capture those magnificent vistas on the big screen. Superb film - gripping and gritty from beginning to end. Lasts for 2 hours 30 because it needs to, and doesn't contain a minute of filler. DiCaprio is superb in it. Go and get it watched.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Ta mu
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Anybody any idea when The Revenant gets released on DVD?
April (Expected)
Ta muchly
A quote from my film Mad stepson who watched it yesterday: "It's the one film I've seen which you absolutely MUST see on a big screen, it's incredible" This from a lad who's a proper film buff. I'm going Wednesday.
Absolutely agree with Not Bob's Son here. Went to see it at the flicks last night, and though I'm sure it'll be ok on DVD, I really recommend getting down to the cinema to capture those magnificent vistas on the big screen. Superb film - gripping and gritty from beginning to end. Lasts for 2 hours 30 because it needs to, and doesn't contain a minute of filler. DiCaprio is superb in it. Go and get it watched.
OK
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:41 pm

Prufrock wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:Sisters. Two comic powerhouses in a easy watching giggle fest. Nothing new or ground breaking but steady laughs throughout. Biggest being saved for the bloopers reel at the end!
I'm glad! Been looking forward to this for ages, worried it might disappoint. Also had a ridiculously short release down in this that London. By the week after Xmas or was down to one 11.30pm showing a day anywhere near me, so gonna have to wait for the the dvd.
you really dont have to wait for the DVD...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:10 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Since I got Netflix, Lovefilm and a sign-in for the in-laws Sky account I've lost track of the ever-changing streaming world. Not worth the hassle of picking up about 200 viruses and a bajillion pop-up ads for websites that would make Gary the Enfield blush to find whichever ones are currently working!

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:49 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Since I got Netflix, Lovefilm and a sign-in for the in-laws Sky account I've lost track of the ever-changing streaming world. Not worth the hassle of picking up about 200 viruses and a bajillion pop-up ads for websites that would make Gary the Enfield blush to find whichever ones are currently working!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Release-Version ... ywords=mxq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For example, although any Kodi box will do. Streaming but self contained.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:11 pm

clapton is god wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Release-Version ... ywords=mxq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For example, although any Kodi box will do. Streaming but self contained.
yes, they're marvelous. likewise Show Box on any Android is very good, allows you to DL to device too!!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:19 pm

Bruiser.

A sketch show from 2000 that only ran for six episodes. Includes young robert webb, david mitchell, olivia coleman, matt hollness, martin freeman and others.

Can't believe I hadn't heard about it before, then a yank mate introduced me to it on saturday. As all sketch shows some of it doesn't work but i did laugh a fair bit. On the ol' youtube as well for your perusal.

Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:33 pm

Finished Making a Murderer too, can we talk about it??

Made a start on 'Deliver us from Evil' not sure if I can hold out with this? It's sickening and very unsettling... Think I'll go back to Always Sunny!!

Actually, gonna stick Still Alice on. Been on the list for ages but Pru just nudged it to the top...