The Gardening Bed

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: The Gardening Bed

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:51 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Look. Can we not just agree that mowing anything before Easter Sunday is just wrong, wrong, wrong.
Is it? I've been told I have to.
If you're not part of the answer, you must be part of the problem...

Could I suggest, given that it's growing season, that you plant a pair, and see if they grow? :D
:fingers:

:D

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:06 pm

Mowed the lawn and weeded the borders at the front. I now have to rake the moss out which should leave me with about three blades of grass.

This should probably go in the Angry thread. Bloody moss - Why! What purpose do you serve?
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:51 pm

malcd1 wrote:Mowed the lawn and weeded the borders at the front. I now have to rake the moss out which should leave me with about three blades of grass.

This should probably go in the Angry thread. Bloody moss - Why! What purpose do you serve?
errr... filling in the bits where there is no grass?? :wink:

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:58 pm

Moss is a lovely way to introduce an ambience of 'age' into a garden. A lawn full of the stuff though is going a bit too far. Around and about ten years ago my wife organised some new front steps from the road down to the house. They are faux sandstone and are laid over the existing concrete steps which were a bit of a nightmare to descend, particularly in the dark. The said missus wanted to keep the sandstone all bright and fresh but I argued that letting it age naturally would result in it blending in to the garden rather than standing out like a sore thumb. She finally acquiesced and, when the first moss appeared in the joints, the discussion began again. Due to my charming personality and logical reasoning she caved in on that too.

Should a stranger look at those steps now I reckon it'd be impossible to say that they are only ten or so years old.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:42 am

Lawn mowed.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:46 am

Bastards one and all. :-)

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:13 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Lawn mowed.
Our back lawns are at the bottom of a slope that used to be the old Daubhill railway embankment. Most of the year they're like the Okefenokee swamp. Got their first decent cut this week and we've actually got the tables and chairs out on the patio today. Trees are all covered in apple and plum blossom and rhodedendrums all ready to pop. Probaly be wellies and anoraks again next week, but right now.."Oh to be in England" :D

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:13 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Look. Can we not just agree that mowing anything before Easter Sunday is just wrong, wrong, wrong.

Could I suggest, given that it's growing season, that you plant a pair, and see if they grow? :D

why not grow a pair, Worthy, and tell the missus to mow the lawn is she's so fecking bothered about it!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:19 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:

why not grow a pair, Worthy, and tell the missus to mow the lawn is she's so fecking bothered about it!
I was doing, until it became de facto, that it was mine to do, because of all the other spineless cretins.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:24 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:

Does Mrs Bish ever mow the lawn Bish?? :mrgreen:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:44 pm

Gooner Girl wrote: Does Mrs Bish ever mow the lawn Bish?? :mrgreen:
is that another of your kinky euphemisms?? :shock:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:56 pm

thebish wrote:
:roll: you see innuendo in everything!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:11 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:
:roll: you see innuendo in everything!
8) Today I have tamed the Blackberry hedge - then I trimmed an over-excited bush.... (nudge, nudge!)

also - I put all the pruned branches through the shredder - wanged it all in the chicken pen for them to scratch through - then collected 3 - yes THREE - eggs from the nesting box!

I think accidentally feeding them growers pellets rather than layers pellets has bulked them right up - and so they have gone from 33% egg-production to 100% 8)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:15 pm

Errr - lucky Mrs Bish? Not sure she'd thank you for telling everyone her bush was overgrown though :?

Egg production here is going well too. I have enough to give them away.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:16 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Errr - lucky Mrs Bish? Not sure she'd thank you for telling everyone her bush was overgrown though :?

it was MY bush! 8) you can have the clippings as a mulch for your raspberries if you like??

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:18 pm

thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Errr - lucky Mrs Bish? Not sure she'd thank you for telling everyone her bush was overgrown though :?

it was MY bush! 8) you can have the clippings as a mulch for your raspberries if you like??
:shock: :shock: errr - thanks?!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:

you're welcome... and if you ever need any help mowing your front lawn or trimming your bush - just let me know... us gardeners are a generous lot, always willing to help.. 8)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:22 pm

thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:

you're welcome... and if you ever need any help mowing your front lawn or trimming your bush - just let me know... us gardeners are a generous lot, always willing to help.. 8)
Well that's a very kind offer, i'll be sure to take you up on that. How considerate and selfless you are. You sure you're really a Bolton fan?!

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:54 am

malcd1 wrote:Mowed the lawn and weeded the borders at the front. I now have to rake the moss out which should leave me with about three blades of grass.

That's strange that is. I like moss. In Japan there are certain zen gardens that are composed wholly of rocks and moss. I tried to recreate a Japanese moss garden in this country and it was the hardest thing to grow and keep tidy I've ever attempted. I had twenty three different types of moss growing in a small rockery of about 2 square meters, and had cultivated it assiduously over a summer, autumn and a winter, only to wake up one fine spring morning to find that a pair of blackbirds had decimated it - moss everywhere. :cry:

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:27 pm

Having been let go to wreck and ruin by the tenants before we bought it this weekend was spent weeding on of the beds... at least another day needed before this is complete.
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless