Which Famous People have you met

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Re: Which Famous People have you met

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:04 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:Just walked past a famous triple-header of John Parrot, Dennis Taylor and John Virgo. Must be some snooker on here or summat!
i only wish we had a 'stating the bloomin obvious' award
:wink:

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:42 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:
Armchair Wanderer wrote:Just walked past a famous triple-header of John Parrot, Dennis Taylor and John Virgo. Must be some snooker on here or summat!
i only wish we had a 'stating the bloomin obvious' award
:wink:
:D
Don't hate, I'm keepin' it topical!
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Winter Hill White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Winter Hill White » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:41 pm

I met Prince Andrew today (or yesterday as it is now).

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sun May 13, 2012 10:45 am

Was at the Octagon yesterday evening for Queen of the North, a biopic on Pat Phoenix.

In McDonalds on Knowsley Street at 7pm (30 minutes before the show started) we were on the next table to half the cast including John McArdle, late of Brookside.

In the bar at the Octagon we were stood next to Greg Wood, who plays Rick the debt collector in Coronation Street.

Also in the cast was Matt Healy, aka Matthew King off Emmerdale.

That's a full set of northern documentaries in one night :D

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun May 13, 2012 4:45 pm

clapton is god wrote:Was at the Octagon yesterday evening for Queen of the North, a biopic on Pat Phoenix.

In McDonalds on Knowsley Street at 7pm (30 minutes before the show started) we were on the next table to half the cast including John McArdle, late of Brookside.

In the bar at the Octagon we were stood next to Greg Wood, who plays Rick the debt collector in Coronation Street.

Also in the cast was Matt Healy, aka Matthew King off Emmerdale.

That's a full set of northern documentaries in one night :D
I'm shocked that people of taste (artists and audience) eat at McDonalds. Twenty years ago my kids forced me to go to the McDonalds which was I think on Deansgate near Bradshawgate. They missed North American cooking during our trip. None of us could believe how filthy the place was - over here, whatever else you can say about the company (and I say a lot) they do keep the places clean. Perhaps things have improved over time...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sun May 13, 2012 4:50 pm

No improvement whatsoever, Monty, and two out of the three of us were not eating. We have a looked after kid who's dietary needs consist of regular intake of unmitigated crap.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun May 13, 2012 4:57 pm

clapton is god wrote:No improvement whatsoever, Monty, and two out of the three of us were not eating. We have a looked after kid who's dietary needs consist of regular intake of unmitigated crap.
Ah, you were dragged in for the same reason I was. The good thing was it put the kids off asking to go there ever again in England.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Sun May 13, 2012 9:18 pm

Speaking of burgers, I forgot to mention that I met Elvis once.

We were visiting Gracelands and he came to the gate to say hello.

Oh, hang on, no, that can't be right. I've never been to America.
Hope is what keeps us going.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 13, 2012 9:32 pm

My mate was telling me this afternoon how he once found himself in a lift with Howard Jones. Then, he had that hairs-up-on-back-of-neck-and-forearms realisation that he was actually sharing a lift with a guy that had played Live Aid.

Howard Jones playing one of the finest songs ever written, ladies and gentlemen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF8HrmUn4Gc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 14, 2012 9:38 am

Always hopeful wrote:Speaking of burgers, I forgot to mention that I met Elvis once.

We were visiting Gracelands and he came to the gate to say hello.

Oh, hang on, no, that can't be right. I've never been to America.
That was that guy down your chippy who says he's Elvis !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6K8R8KqpCE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 14, 2012 9:47 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote: ... I'm shocked that people of taste eat at McDonalds.

Twenty years ago my kids forced me to go to ... McDonalds

Perhaps things have improved over time...
I resisted my kids pressure back in the day and took them to 'proper' eateries. It's cost a fair few bob, but they don't eat muck.

I got forced to give way only twice .... once in Paris. Yes, Paris. Staying with a friend who kids adored the muck we drove, me & mine following her & hers as we drove across the city late one evening. Across probably 10 miles of the inner city to a McRonnies near the Eiffel Tower. We must have passed approx. 1,000 proper eateries to get to it. I had a chicken fillet thingummy as it at least appeared edible.

The next was while at work in Pennsylvania. As a group of 4 began to head to the airport one guy said 'let's call in the drive-thru McD'. I protested but to no avail & was assured that "they're far better over here". Well, I tried my one & only McD burger. All I can say is that if they ARE better over there they must be complete shite over here.

I didn't finish it, btw.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 14, 2012 11:35 am

Macs are crap, but I will say I found the American Subway shops just brilliant in sandwich choice. Mind you, eating and drinking are national pastimes over there. It's a "big" country. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 14, 2012 12:11 pm

Last time I had a McDonald I got home to discover that I'd won a free Big Mac. My prize remains unclaimed!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon May 14, 2012 2:14 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Macs are crap, but I will say I found the American Subway shops just brilliant in sandwich choice. Mind you, eating and drinking are national pastimes over there. It's a "big" country. :wink:
Indeed, the bread and ingredients are fresh in Subways and there is a great deal of choice. If one must have a fast food burger I think Harvey's is the only place to go.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue May 15, 2012 12:55 am

I had to laugh at some of those comments.

I've only been to a 'Maccas' three times. The first was over 40 years ago - I think. If I remember correctly it was a newly opened franchise and was reasonably close to my home. Why not? says I. I soon found out the error my way. The second was a birthday party for my then pre-teen daughter. I cannot knock the shop for what they did; there was no pushing of junk food to her or her friends as the food was healthy sandwiches and the entertainment was first class for children of her age (I think she was 9 or 10 at the time.) The third occasion was as bad as the first. A mate and I had been imbibing a wee bit of wine and, for some reason or other, he brought up the subject of a 'new' product being offered by the golden arches. It was supposed to be some sort of pork rack - sounded good so off we went. It turned out to be some sort of meat or offcuts which was then minced and spiced to the point where no one could have guessed its origin. This mashed conglomerate of 'stuff' was then pressed in some sort of former to present the appearance of a miniature rack of lamb/pork or whatever. What a joke! To make it worse I was even charged for it.

On the subject in hand: I did meet Jacki Weaver on a few occasions, I even drove her home one afternoon. *puffs chest and does Tarzan impression* :mrgreen: