The Weather

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Weather

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:47 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Hoboh wrote:You see this is the thing,

GLOBAL WARMING

is now

CLIMATE CHANGE

Does this mean Ski's or sun tan cream and Ice cold beer for Blackpool? :lol:
Was rather hoping for the Costa Del Lancs!
See, here's the thing: global temperatures are rising. That's climate, not weather. Because the climate is not fully understood, changes on a global scale do not go up in as temperatures on a neat straight line increase, instead weird and fearful things like Florida freezing, Australia drowning, Indonesia burning, snow in Jordan, and drought in the Antarctic occur all within the same week. It's only simplistic tits like you that think that's something of a joke.
Oh do feck off know-it-all :mrgreen:

This coming from a man who couldn't predict his own prediction thread right :lmfao:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:36 am

In response to a question from Tim Farron during Prime Minister's Questions in which the Liberal Democrat MP suggested the recent weather was a "destructive and inevitable consequence, at least in part, of climate change", Mr Cameron said: "I agree with my honourable friend that we are seeing more abnormal weather events.

“Colleagues across the house can argue about whether that is linked to climate change or not. I very much suspect that it is.”

But Nicola Maxey from the Met Office said there was a crucial distinction between weather and climate change.

“What happened at the end of December and at the beginning of January is weather,” she said.

“Climate change happens on a global scale, and weather happens at a local scale. Climate scientists have been saying that for quite a while.

“At the moment there's no evidence to suggest that these storms are more intense because of climate change.

She added: “In real terms we had a low depression over the Atlantic which deepened, which caused the swell, and that combined with the spring tide caused the coastal waves.”
Que Spotted Dick!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:39 pm

Hoboh wrote:
In response to a question from Tim Farron during Prime Minister's Questions in which the Liberal Democrat MP suggested the recent weather was a "destructive and inevitable consequence, at least in part, of climate change", Mr Cameron said: "I agree with my honourable friend that we are seeing more abnormal weather events.

“Colleagues across the house can argue about whether that is linked to climate change or not. I very much suspect that it is.”

But Nicola Maxey from the Met Office said there was a crucial distinction between weather and climate change.

“What happened at the end of December and at the beginning of January is weather,” she said.

“Climate change happens on a global scale, and weather happens at a local scale. Climate scientists have been saying that for quite a while.

“At the moment there's no evidence to suggest that these storms are more intense because of climate change.

She added: “In real terms we had a low depression over the Atlantic which deepened, which caused the swell, and that combined with the spring tide caused the coastal waves.”
Que Spotted Dick!
Which is completely correct. And which does not detract from the observation that simplistic dicks like yourself cannot distinguish between the two effects. You haven't got a clue, have you?
:zzz:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:19 pm

I live three miles from the Thames and less than two miles from the River Medway. When flood waters start lapping at my doorstep It'll be time to start panicking, it's three hundred feet above sea level!

"There is no question that climate change is happening; the only arguable point is what part humans are playing in it."

David Attenborough

When my mum wants to validate something she always says, "Even your Dad said so". Well he's nowhere near as authoritative as our David. As to the cost of research, it's one of them there drops that make oceans.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:42 pm

We should have learned from them pesky dinosaurs driving round in their 4x4's and the like! 8)

When will we learn ay?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:42 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Que Spotted Dick!
Which is completely correct. And which does not detract from the observation that simplistic dicks like yourself cannot distinguish between the two effects. You haven't got a clue, have you?
Not being a prick like you I keep an open mind until there is ACTUAL proof that man is responsible for any change in the planets climate, not just because I like being a condescending, fashionable, clever arse who really knows feck all more about it than anybody else, tool.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:04 pm

Christ on a bike! Actual proof! You make it up as you go along. Tw*t.
And if you hadn't noticed, this thread is regarding the WEATHER. Nor the fecking climate - take your ill-informed Neanderthal opinions and stick em on your own thread, tit.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:36 pm

ChrisC wrote:We should have learned from them pesky dinosaurs driving round in their 4x4's and the like! 8)

When will we learn ay?
And the relevence of this is what?
Dinosaurs existed and were the dominant lifeforce for millions of years... We've been around as prime species for about 10,000 years. If dinosaurs had 4x4s pal they would have died off well before any genes that gave you your very limited intelligence could have possibly developed.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:55 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Christ on a bike! Actual proof! You make it up as you go along. Tw*t.
And if you hadn't noticed, this thread is regarding the WEATHER. Nor the fecking climate - take your ill-informed Neanderthal opinions and stick em on your own thread, tit.
Oh so the climate is not related to weather then, is it not?
Biggest tool in the box you!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:04 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Christ on a bike! Actual proof! You make it up as you go along. Tw*t.
If the climate relates to the UN and weather equals Alex Salmond, I think you'll see where you're going wrong. Oops, I forgot. You're never wrong. I'm sooooooo sorry, I forgot, you are of course correct.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:25 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
If the climate relates to the UN and weather equals Alex Salmond, I think you'll see where you're going wrong. Oops, I forgot. You're never wrong. I'm sooooooo sorry, I forgot, you are of course correct.
:lmfao:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:31 pm

...apparently thebish and I were boring...

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:44 pm

Aye. Grown men calling each other names on the internet.

Over the weather.
Businesswoman of the year.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:59 pm

Hoboh wrote: Not being a prick like you I keep an open mind until there is ACTUAL proof that man is responsible for any change in the planets climate, not just because I like being a condescending, fashionable, clever arse who really knows feck all more about it than anybody else, tool.
ok - good point - how about waiting for ACTUAL proof that unsustainable hordes of Romanians and Bulgarians have arrived before hitting the panic button?

as for climate change - what kind of proof do you have in mind that could feasibly convince you - serious question (as you are clearly serious about the issue)? give me an example of the kind of proof you would consider as conclusive...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:28 am

Hoboh wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Que Spotted Dick!
Not being a prick like you I keep an open mind until there is ACTUAL proof that man is responsible for any change in the planets climate, not just because I like being a condescending, fashionable, clever arse who really knows feck all more about it than anybody else, tool.
So you don't seem to dispute climate change is happening, what do you say to this:
Prufrock wrote:But its so obvious. Not a single reputable scientific body denies climate change is happening. And if its happening, and it might be man made, and there certainly isn't compelling evidence it isn't, then the only sensible option is to try to cut down the effect man has or may have. It is man made, hooray, if it isn't, well we're still a lot more efficient as using finite resources, so hooray anyway.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:29 am

CrazyHorse wrote:Aye. Grown men calling each other names on the internet.

Over the weather.
:lol: (dick!)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:58 am

Over the weather.
Stereotypically one hears the weather is all English people talk about... :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:02 am

Over the weather.

:D

Climate Hoss, climate... :roll:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:50 pm

In our recent cold snap it finally happened.

"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:54 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
ChrisC wrote:We should have learned from them pesky dinosaurs driving round in their 4x4's and the like! 8)

When will we learn ay?
And the relevence of this is what?
Dinosaurs existed and were the dominant lifeforce for millions of years... We've been around as prime species for about 10,000 years. If dinosaurs had 4x4s pal they would have died off well before any genes that gave you your very limited intelligence could have possibly developed.
Its was a fecking joke. No need to be a prick and fire insults. No wonder this board has such a small group of devoted posters. Lighten up.