What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:44 pm

Got to finish watching Memento. A very good film, ingeniously put together. Certainly not something to watch with any form of distraction going on whatsoever.

Might watch it again as I'm sure that there'll be loads of little details that I didn't pick up on.
May the bridges I burn light your way

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:40 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
thebish wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
thebish wrote:blimey - just caught up with Breaking bad from monday.. :oyea:

that phone call really didn't pan out as he intended!! nor did Jessie's escape!
Sorry to go against the grain but I'm not enjoying season 5 at all.
Everything that made the whole series great has been ruined by the writers desperate need to come up with a story conclusion.
And nailed on, the finale will be utter shite.

There I've said it.
to preserve the uncertainty and ambiguity and keep it as pure as possible - then I'd recommend not watching the utter shite finale - you'll thank yourself when you haven't watched it! :wink:
Yeah I'm not going to do that; I'm in too deep. :)

I mean it though, Season 5's turned into a pure nonsensical parody of itself.
I suspect I'm not the only one to think this but it's entered into the Emperor's New Clothes territory now. Still, Seasons 1-4 were some of the best telly I've ever seen.
Oh my good GOD I can't believe how wrong one human being can possibly be.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:07 am

:mrgreen:
Fairy nuff.
Suffice to say I wouldn't be surprised if the writers ended it with it all being just Hank's dream or with an alien abduction or they discover a shark living in Walt's pool and he decides to jump over it on water-skis.
Businesswoman of the year.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:10 pm

Honestly I though you're genuinely the first person who I've come across who has this opinion. Before the last few weeks, BB was considered by many people as amongst the best TV shows ever, but after these last few episodes, it's now considered by a lot of people to be the best ever.

The writers have nailed it.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:32 pm

It's not just me, a google search reveals loads of unhappy punters.
Anyway who cares what I think; I'm glad you're enjoying it.
Businesswoman of the year.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:45 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:It's not just me, a google search reveals loads of unhappy punters.
Anyway who cares what I think; I'm glad you're enjoying it.
You shouldn't hold everyone to your high standards Hoss, it's obviously just not possible.

:clique:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Bought two DVD's to watch. A historical drama, Henry of Navarre and The Way with Martin Sheen. Looking forward to the latter particualrly as it's about the pilgrims route to Santiago de Compostela.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:12 pm

CrazyHorse wrote::mrgreen:
Fairy nuff.
Suffice to say I wouldn't be surprised if the writers ended it with it all being just Hank's dream or with an alien abduction or they discover a shark living in Walt's pool and he decides to jump over it on water-skis.
that would be so cool! :D

thing is - i have no idea how on earth it is going to end - which (I think) is kind of a good thing!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:02 am

Watched and enjoyed The Way. A gentle film of self discovery amongst four people making the pilgrimage across the Pyernees to Santiago de Compostela in northern Spain. Martin Sheen plays the main character and Emilio Estavez directs. The religious aspects, whilst there, are totally played down in favour of the quartet's personal stories.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:46 pm

ok - DO NOT DISTURB

I'm off to lock myself in the sitting room and watch the final episode of breaking bad...

i will post spoilers later :D

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:30 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Watched and enjoyed The Way. A gentle film of self discovery amongst four people making the pilgrimage across the Pyernees to Santiago de Compostela in northern Spain. Martin Sheen plays the main character and Emilio Estavez directs. The religious aspects, whilst there, are totally played down in favour of the quartet's personal stories.
I gave it up after an hour of tedium... Though I did like the opening scene - with the psychiatrist played by Wanderers fan Romy Baskerville in what turned out to be her last film appearance.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:53 pm

thebish wrote:ok - DO NOT DISTURB

I'm off to lock myself in the sitting room and watch the final episode of breaking bad...

can confidently predcit that the Hoss won;t like it - don;t watch is hoss!!! you'll be better off with the not-knowing..

a very american way to end summat...

the end follows in white...

it was all a chemistry lesson dream that Jessie had when he was still at school and walter was his teacher... - that may be a lie!

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:41 pm

thebish wrote:

can confidently predcit that the Hoss won;t like it - don;t watch is hoss!!! you'll be better off with the not-knowing..

it was all a chemistry lesson dream that Jessie had when he was still at school and walter was his teacher... - that may be a lie!
It was great, but for some reason left me feeling a little unsatisfied. Can't put my finger on why.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:02 pm

Beefheart wrote:
thebish wrote:

It was great, but for some reason left me feeling a little unsatisfied. Can't put my finger on why.
it's because they deployed that american habit of having to resolve everything and leaving nothing unanswered or unclear...

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:10 pm

I wish they'd have answered something/anything with Lost instead of just putting Kate in some killer heels in the finale

Anyway I enjoyed BB finale greatly.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Aye, not seen BBending, but my first thought when I read that was, 'what, like fecking Lost?!'.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:33 pm

William the White wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Watched and enjoyed The Way. A gentle film of self discovery amongst four people making the pilgrimage across the Pyernees to Santiago de Compostela in northern Spain. Martin Sheen plays the main character and Emilio Estavez directs. The religious aspects, whilst there, are totally played down in favour of the quartet's personal stories.
I gave it up after an hour of tedium... Though I did like the opening scene - with the psychiatrist played by Wanderers fan Romy Baskerville in what turned out to be her last film appearance.
Thought you'd have seen it through Will, if only for the wacky thurible swingers in the cathedral. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8zZE_HJd2g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:54 pm

Athers wrote:I wish they'd have answered something/anything with Lost instead of just putting Kate in some killer heels in the finale

Anyway I enjoyed BB finale greatly.

gave up on Lost aaaaaaages before it finished... bag of shoite!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:17 pm

They couldn't have written a worse ending. It was basically what you put in white for BB up there^!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:42 pm

Bit harsh. Thought it was a touch underwhelming and not really worthy of the show as a whole, but it was alright and tied up all the ends nicely.