What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:47 am

LeverEnd wrote:Robert Harris TD? Read most of his stuff and really enjoyed it but not that book so much. Didn't bother with the film. Currently watching a bit of Piranha DD so my taste is questionable to say the least. What a load of bollocks!
Aye, my error L.E. sorry about that :oops:

I meant Robert Harris (Just finished a Goddard). Film's definitely worth a watch.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:35 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Robert Harris TD? Read most of his stuff and really enjoyed it but not that book so much. Didn't bother with the film. Currently watching a bit of Piranha DD so my taste is questionable to say the least. What a load of bollocks!
Aye, my error L.E. sorry about that :oops:

I meant Robert Harris (Just finished a Goddard). Film's definitely worth a watch.
I looked up Goddard after you posted about him previously, might give him a go. What do you recommend?

On the subject of Harris I enjoyed Fatherland immensely and have just been given Dominion by C J Sansom by my Dad. It's also an alternative history thriller set in a 1952 Britain which had surrended to Germany after Churchill lost out to the appeasers. Looks very good. I'll let you know.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:00 pm

LeverEnd wrote: I looked up Goddard after you posted about him previously, might give him a go. What do you recommend?
Apologies for butting in, Chaps, but my recco would be Found Wanting. A very good read. He's a bugger, he is, Goddard.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:21 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
LeverEnd wrote: I looked up Goddard after you posted about him previously, might give him a go. What do you recommend?
Apologies for butting in, Chaps, but my recco would be Found Wanting. A very good read. He's a bugger, he is, Goddard.
I'll second that Bruce. I've read quite a few of his, no such thing as a bad Goddard. Top of my head for others, Never Go Back, Caught in the Light, Sight Unseen and Name to a Face.

p.s...Harris's Enigma is one of my all time favourite books.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:49 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I'll second that Bruce. I've read quite a few of his, no such thing as a bad Goddard. Top of my head for others, Never Go Back, Caught in the Light, Sight Unseen and Name to a Face.

p.s...Harris's Enigma is one of my all time favourite books.
Cheers guys I'll give it a go after I clear the three I've got going right now! Have you read Harris' Roman trilogy TD? Enjoyed Pompeii and Imperium, still to read Lustrum.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:09 pm

LeverEnd wrote: Cheers guys I'll give it a go after I clear the three I've got going right now! Have you read Harris' Roman trilogy TD? Enjoyed Pompeii and Imperium, still to read Lustrum.
Not done those L.E. Gone off historical fiction somewhat, but I'll keep an eye out for them.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:59 pm

about to watch Peaky Blinders... it's all kicking off!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:38 pm

I tell you what I DIDN'T watch, nor ever will having been subjected to the previews now & agaIn (for which I'm considering suing) ... "Citizen Khan".

Words fail me.

(cue Clapton telling me it's second only to Count Arthur Strong !!)
Last edited by bobo the clown on Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:40 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I tell you what I DUDN'T watch, nor ever will having been subjected to the previews now & agaun (for which I'm considering suing) ... "Citizen Khan".

Words fail me.

toe-curlingly poor! (obv - I also only saw the previews!)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:58 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I tell you what I DUDN'T watch, nor ever will having been subjected to the previews now & agaun (for which I'm considering suing) ... "Citizen Khan".

Words fail me.

It's almost as bad as your spelling, Taffy. ;)

Yes, I see that it's on again. Shirley this fecking shite is being repeated and it hasn't been given a second series, shirley? :conf:

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:07 pm

In search of finding something that can at least attempt to replace Breaking Bad, I've restarted watching Californication. Got through 8 or so episodes a year or so ago and enjoyed them but too many other shows got in the way. Not much to watch now so this takes priority.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:49 pm

Words fail me.

Not for a second. It is excruciatingly bad! I watched about five minutes with my mouth hanging open in shock and then switched off.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:01 pm

Downton Abbey. I have it on here now. What ham-acted absolute bollocks. Who it the name of the fecking blazes watches this absolute shite? :conf:

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:05 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Downton Abbey. I have it on here now. What ham-acted absolute bollocks. Who it the name of the fecking blazes watches this absolute shite? :conf:
Burn the heretic. This is an absolute classic of British TV don't you know. The whole world is falling over to buy this.

:conf:
Hope is what keeps us going.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:12 pm

Always hopeful wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Downton Abbey. I have it on here now. What ham-acted absolute bollocks. Who it the name of the fecking blazes watches this absolute shite? :conf:
Burn the heretic. This is an absolute classic of British TV don't you know. The whole world is falling over to buy this.

:conf:
Yup ... ain't it a crock-of-shit !?

Mrs bobo has it on while I scan t'web. Then, now & again, Maggie Smith arrives ... and it all changes.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:17 pm

Khan-Brown's Boys-Strong is the unholy trinity of excruciatingly poor "comedy".
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:09 am

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas.

Dear me. It proper messes with my head that that happened while my grandparents, who I saw today, were alive. Just ... how?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:21 am

Did a re-watch of Angels and Demons. Far, far better film than Da Vinci Code.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:24 am

Prufrock wrote:The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas.

Dear me. It proper messes with my head that that happened while my grandparents, who I saw today, were alive. Just ... how?
It happened whilst I was alive Pru, although I was too young to realise what it was all about. I was six when the war ended, but messes with the head is right. Deeply disturbing film.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:34 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Did a re-watch of Angels and Demons. Far, far better film than Da Vinci Code.
I love them both. Really underrated. Looking forward to the next release, the name of which escapes me.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;