TW Open - 20th August, Regents Park, Bolton

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:17 pm

One week to zero. Another visit to the driving range this week. I've already got the roar of the grass and the smell of the crowd in my head.. er, oh, er I mean, well...never mind. Roll on the 20th. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

youngmc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by youngmc » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:12 am

Christ all this talk of hole in one's is making me change my mind, should i really be playing next week? i don't want to drag whoever is playing with me down.
CHOO CHOO CHOOCHOO TRAIN!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:22 am

youngmc wrote:Christ all this talk of hole in one's is making me change my mind, should i really be playing next week? i don't want to drag whoever is playing with me down.
Oh you'll be in good company with me thrashing away at it, youngmc. Fear not my man! :wink:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:40 pm

i'm looking forward to this immensely, not bothered what handicap you lay on me, 18 is fair i reckon - one shot every hole.
even so, the taking part is what it's all about. is it gonna be two fourballs or we going out in pairs?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:10 pm

Years since I've played at Regents Park. Story is they've swapped the last nine holes around for the first nine. Does this mean you start with the old 10th, a big par 5?

Not rushing things but do we have any tee times yet. Can't wait to slash a wild drive into the trees somewhere. :mrgreen:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:15 pm

youngmc wrote:Christ all this talk of hole in one's is making me change my mind, should i really be playing next week? i don't want to drag whoever is playing with me down.
Forget the hole-in-one talk youngmc. Just makes you look more stupid when you duff one along the ground. :oops:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:16 pm

Tee times have been booked for two fourballs.

Commie will be along with the details shortly.

We're on. :wink:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:38 pm

aye right enough sir.

Well Brucey and I hacked our way around today, prior to which I booked two tee times - 10.26 & 10.33.

The crack is to meet at the pro shop, that's up where the driving range is or the old 10th tee for the fellas who played there years ago, at 10.15 (got that Bruce????)

If anyone wants my number, just in case, PM me.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Ahh yes, the Smithdown Road conversation and whatnot. Well, let me see what tee times I get but it's easy for me to scoot down The Lancs.
Would it not be easier if I were to get a train in to Manchester or something? Like I said I wouldn't want to put anyone out, and getting down to Liverpool for silly o'clock on a Sunday morning is a bit of a pain, surely?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:04 pm

blurred wrote: Would it not be easier if I were to get a train in to Manchester or something? Like I said I wouldn't want to put anyone out, and getting down to Liverpool for silly o'clock on a Sunday morning is a bit of a pain, surely?
Blurred, your attempts to pussy out aren't working! :wink:

Seriously, fella. I have a free car that runs on free fuel. I live (a) two minutes form The Lancs (b) three minutes from the M62 (c) only half an hour from you either way.
At the last count, Ratty said that he'd run you back being as he's got to get as far as the M6 anyway on his way back to Brum.

It's not a problem.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:09 pm

nerves? and I haven't even mentioned my 290 yard drive or that monster putt you sank on the 18th today.

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:13 pm

communistworkethic wrote:aye right enough sir.

Well Brucey and I hacked our way around today, prior to which I booked two tee times - 10.26 & 10.33.
Don't suppose you would care to disclose just how many "hacks" you took chaps, as there is an element of Sir Alex psychology in the word "hacked". :mrgreen:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:17 pm

A hundred and plenty, Tango. :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:19 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:A hundred and plenty, Tango. :wink:
Hmmmmmmmmm. :mrgreen:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:24 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:A hundred and plenty, Tango. :wink:
Hmmmmmmmmm. :mrgreen:

no it's true

Though had I not lost the plot seriously from hole 6 until hole 13 it may have been a very different story.

Though I still worked out I got 29 stableford points, which is reasonable.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Blurred, your attempts to pussy out aren't working! :wink:

Seriously, fella. I have a free car that runs on free fuel. I live (a) two minutes form The Lancs (b) three minutes from the M62 (c) only half an hour from you either way.
At the last count, Ratty said that he'd run you back being as he's got to get as far as the M6 anyway on his way back to Brum.

It's not a problem.
Excellente, much obliged to you good sirs. Not picked up the sticks since June, but hey ho it's all a good day out. A hundred and lots sounds good to me :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:06 pm

The honour of Bolton is at stake here. Think of the shame of losing to a Scouse supporter. In the words of James Bond in "Goldfinger": Is my friend in the rough, or is the bastard on the green?" Only joking and it should be a real good event. :mrgreen:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:06 pm

I really appreciate what you're doing Bruce and Ratbert - i.e. making up for my not being able to stick to an offer I made to the out-of-focus (plastic) Scouser. Any digs you can all get in for his home counties accent would be much appreciated.

And Gareth, perhaps we could get a game in with Tom at the Auld Arrowe Park Links sometime? Or maybe your side of the water if that's easier.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:The honour of Bolton is at stake here. Think of the shame of losing to a Scouse supporter. In the words of James Bond in "Goldfinger": Is my friend in the rough, or is the bastard on the green?" Only joking and it should be a real good event. :mrgreen:
With no hint of false modesty I don't think there's any chance of me walking off with the proverbial trophy, but I am looking forward to a good hack around :)

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:38 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I really appreciate what you're doing Bruce and Ratbert - i.e. making up for my not being able to stick to an offer I made to the out-of-focus (plastic) Scouser. Any digs you can all get in for his home counties accent would be much appreciated.

And Gareth, perhaps we could get a game in with Tom at the Auld Arrowe Park Links sometime? Or maybe your side of the water if that's easier.
Indeed, damn fine chaps and I won't hear a word said against you :)

And yes, mwciec, we should have a game while you're both back from uni. We shall sort something out. I'll speak to Tom at the next available opportunity (when I'm helping him with his homework or something :D)