Technology Thread.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Technology Thread.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:45 pm

Got a call around tea time, didn't recognise the number so I didn't answer it. Checked the number on Google. Another P.P.I scam on the go apparently, calling mobile numbers and stating they want to pay you a lump sum refund. Non UK. accents and asking for your bank details. Told one guy this but didn't know his name. Yeah, okay.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:29 am

Some help required please. How do I transfer my Ipod playlist from my PC (which uses Windows XP) and transfer it to my laptop (which uses Windows 10)? I then need to arrange it so that when I couple my Iphone with my laptop it syncs with the playlist in the way it used to do with my PC.

Also, what's the best way of saving/storing the photos which I'd like to keep from my old PC prior to taking it to the tip?

Cheers, geeky freaks. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:51 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Some help required please. How do I transfer my Ipod playlist from my PC (which uses Windows XP) and transfer it to my laptop (which uses Windows 10)? I then need to arrange it so that when I couple my Iphone with my laptop it syncs with the playlist in the way it used to do with my PC.

Also, what's the best way of saving/storing the photos which I'd like to keep from my old PC prior to taking it to the tip?

Cheers, geeky freaks. ;)
For photos etc.

http://www.argos.co.uk/beta/static/Prod ... 515453.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 589079.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I prefer the second option for the storage space, videos music etc as well as photo's.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:33 am

For backup/storing stuff get a wireless nas thingy. Cost a little bit more, but you can access it from all your devices, stream music from it etc. I've an old Buffalo Linkstation and a newer Western Digital (WD) My Book one (which I prefer). I'd also advise trashing the hard drive (or removing and keeping) as data can be recovered even if you wipe the drive.

Can't help with iTunes and iPods though...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:57 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Some help required please. How do I transfer my Ipod playlist from my PC (which uses Windows XP) and transfer it to my laptop (which uses Windows 10)? I then need to arrange it so that when I couple my Iphone with my laptop it syncs with the playlist in the way it used to do with my PC.

Cheers, geeky freaks. ;)
Thought - this should be pi$$ easy - then I looked at a couple of Apple forums...Not a situation I've encountered as I don't use playlists. Is your music already across to the new device and it's just the playlists that are missing?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:42 am

^^ you are entering the World of "Apple are w@nkers" I'm afraid. Their relentless limiting of non-Apple systems linking with theirs is a fckg disgrace.l
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:20 pm

bobo the clown wrote:^^ you are entering the World of "Apple are w@nkers" I'm afraid. Their relentless limiting of non-Apple systems linking with theirs is a fckg disgrace.l
You're preaching to the never having been converted...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:23 pm

bobo the clown wrote:^^ you are entering the World of "Apple are w@nkers" I'm afraid. Their relentless limiting of non-Apple systems linking with theirs is a fckg disgrace.l
And don't dare have something repaired by someone other than them. £600 phone? Nope, an expensive brick and fcuk you, that'll be another £600 for a new one and forget your photos etc.

Don't know who the biggest dicks are. Apple or the idiots that buy them :crazy:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:21 pm

It might be a little simpler than we're trying to make it here. Clearly there's the OS versions to consider and multiple proprietary devices and a whole plethora of data transfer mechanisms - Phys to phys, phys to storage and back to phys, phys to cloud and back to phys. Then you take a look on the "What I'm listening to tonight" thread - and the storage answer is fairly self evident.

:grin:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 pm

For feck's sake. I was rather hoping someone was going to say that I could just save my playlist to a memory stick and then upload to my lappy off of that! :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:19 pm

<waits for BWFC_i to helpfully pop up and mention that Apple stuff just works>
Businesswoman of the year.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:26 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:<waits for BWFC_i to helpfully pop up and mention that Apple stuff just works>
:lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:For feck's sake. I was rather hoping someone was going to say that I could just save my playlist to a memory stick and then upload to my lappy off of that! :(
You possibly could - is it just your playlists or all the music too?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:55 pm

Can you not do it via iTunes or some other bollocks Apple shit?

I can only say - Serves you right. I would add a smiley face here but it really does. Over-priced piece of crap.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:31 pm

Why don't you just connect the XP to the Windows 10 jobbie and just drag the playlists across?
If you can't find their location then install Zune on the XP open the playlists and copy across to your other device.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:23 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Why don't you just connect the XP to the Windows 10 jobbie and just drag the playlists across?
If you can't find their location then install Zune on the XP open the playlists and copy across to your other device.
Aren't you supposed to be dying or summat? You should be binging on Netflix with a giant bag of crisps and a box of tissues rather than being helpful on here!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:30 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Why don't you just connect the XP to the Windows 10 jobbie and just drag the playlists across?
You can explain how to network them together...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:39 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Aren't you supposed to be dying or summat? You should be binging on Netflix with a giant bag of crisps and a box of tissues rather than being helpful on here!
It was whilst sitting up in bed after watching Guardians of the Universe on that there telly thing, after being fed a hot mug of chocolate provided by my wife who's hotfooted it home before walking the dog for me, that I was surfing the threads I usually avoid. :wink: 8)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
You can explain how to network them together...
I'd prefer to shoot meself...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:48 pm

my advice is to invite some young snotty kid (one you already know or are maybe related to) to come round and fix it for you... (though - they might not know what windows XP is!)