Politics, The Election May 2015

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
30%
Conservatives
30%
Liberal Democrats
5%
UKIP
15%
Green Party
13%
SNP
3%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
5%

Total votes: 40

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Politics, The Election May 2015

Post by Hoboh » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:47 pm

Prufrock wrote:Came across this Mark Steel article the other day which sums up why I won't be voting for them: http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 87753.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pru, every party has it's oddballs, some just tend to make a mountain out of certain parties oddballs, ring any bells?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Came across this Mark Steel article the other day which sums up why I won't be voting for them: http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 87753.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pru, every party has it's oddballs, some just tend to make a mountain out of certain parties oddballs, ring any bells?
God, I hate that logic. How dare someone with any kind of platform to defend the poor do so!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:03 am

Beefheart wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
God, I hate that logic. How dare someone with any kind of platform to defend the poor do so!
If he's defending the poor then I'm an EU loving German Muslim! The bloke is a class one pratt although not on the same level as that dodgy Tory Bastard who sucks up to the EDL.
Face it, none of them really give a monkeys about me, you or anyone else except their own bank balance and sense of being a somebody and even worse when they get the EU gravy train ticket.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:35 pm

Is that because you're from the posh end of Chorley? :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:13 pm

:D. Heath Charnock my dear man!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:26 pm

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 3704C81F30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I thought your parents would have had a pool Pru, is that the cleaners car in one of the pictures? I cannot think it's a family members.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:14 pm

Oh god! Mummy hadn't told me we were selling the guest house. I hope nobody poor moves in.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:41 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... m#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One look at that sorry bunch of losers and UKIP has finally got my vote in May.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:05 pm

Hoboh wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... m#comments

Never doubted it for a minute.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:55 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... m#comments

Never doubted it for a minute.
Well I have.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:03 pm

Dan Glass is currently studying for an MSc in human ecology and climate change at Strathclyde University where he is researching the impacts of airport expansion on community cohesion. Dan is a freedom fighter organising with Plane Stupid Scotland, AirportWatch Scotland and Workers Climate Action and with popular education programmes to tackle climate change around the UK.
Well FFS this is the muppet who staged the demo to ruin not only Farage's Sunday lunch but that of other patrons also!

Freedom Fighter :hang: Waste of space, why oh why didn't he try to scale another Russian oil rig!!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:08 am

Hoboh wrote:
Dan Glass is currently studying for an MSc in human ecology and climate change at Strathclyde University where he is researching the impacts of airport expansion on community cohesion. Dan is a freedom fighter organising with Plane Stupid Scotland, AirportWatch Scotland and Workers Climate Action and with popular education programmes to tackle climate change around the UK.
Well FFS this is the muppet who staged the demo to ruin not only Farage's Sunday lunch but that of other patrons also!

Freedom Fighter :hang: Waste of space, why oh why didn't he try to scale another Russian oil rig!!!
Is that the prick that was on 5 Live this morning? He did wonders for UKIP's cause. What an absolute bellend.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:42 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Is that the prick that was on 5 Live this morning? He did wonders for UKIP's cause. What an absolute bellend.
If early reports are to be believed, the mob was organised by a guy called Dan Glass, a former leader of the Student Union at the University of Sussex, but who was also involved with the green group Plane Stupid. They too had a dubious relationship with the concept of law and order.

He is also a "Guardian Youth Climate Leader" and an occasional Guardian columnist. One can't help but wonder why so many writers at the Graun seem to be mixed up with violence and thuggery these days.

Update on Mar 22, 2015 by Registered CommenterBishop Hill
It turns out that Dan Glass was not the only Guardian columnist at the protest. Eva Jasiewicz, who has written for the Graun here, was there too.

Update on Mar 22, 2015 by Registered CommenterBishop Hill
Jeez, and another one! Pennie Quinton's Guardian corpus is here, her involvement in the mob here.
Seems it was a whole bunch of 'professional' pricks!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:49 pm

Afzal Amin - I should fecking well think you have resigned as well. His defence of his actions this morning was absolutely cringe-inducing. What a prick.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32024045" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:17 pm

Saw the transcript of his comments. Jeezus.

In other news this raised a smile:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Afzal Amin - I should fecking well think you have resigned as well. His defence of his actions this morning was absolutely cringe-inducing. What a prick.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32024045" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ironic that it happened just a day after Cameron was mocking ukip for having dodgy candidates :lol:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:35 pm

Prufrock wrote: In other news this raised a smile:

The Romanian Workers Party has finally got my vote in May.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:34 pm

Farage did exactly the right thing in not engaging these idiots suppose some of his friends or supporters had confronted these pests, can you imagine the headlines?

'UKIP supporters beat up gay Donkey!'

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:43 pm

Prufrock wrote:Saw the transcript of his comments. Jeezus.

In other news this raised a smile:

1. Estimating the percentage of arrests from an effectively unknown number of Romanian immigrants

Data collection in the case of immigrants who are subject to restrictions is complicated. Currently, there is no reliable estimate of the number of Romanians living in the UK. Since percentages and proportions are calculated by taking the number of arrests over the total number of individuals, if we do not know the total number of individuals the "up to one in three are arrested" claim is based on pure speculation.

The fact that 27,725 Romanian nationals were arrested in the past five years is the only available, reliable figure. It is impossible to know how many Romanians went in and out of the UK between 2008 and 2012 (the time of arrests mentioned in The Telegraph). Intra-EU migration can often be temporary, workers taking advantage of seasonal work and right to free movement. There are no consistent exit checks in the UK and Romanians arriving can be tourists, workers or simply people who take irregular employment. Mostly the ones with regular employment or students would appear in statistics.

The Migration Advisory Committee suggested each time it was consulted on transitional restrictions for A2 migrants that estimations are difficult due to free movement. Even Foreign Secretary William Hague recently recognised this fact.

ONS-quoted data by the BBC yesterday puts Romanians in the UK at 94.000. The Telegraph's article refers to 87.000 Romanians, apparently also based on ONS data (presumably from the 2011 census, though this is unclear). A recent Romanian Embassy press release refers to 100,000-120,000 Romanian nationals.

Even the ONS census data are notreliable: many Romanians might not have responded to the questionnaire because they take irregular employment in the UK or because they are not registered with their local Council, or simply out of suspicion.

The NINO issued to Romanian nationals also does not say much. Some Romanians might have left the country despite having the NINO, others might work without one. The number of Blue and Yellow registration cards - or work permits that authorise access to labour market- would also say little, as it is possible to work (irregularly) without them.
And that is from a pro-immigration freak trying to defend them!
Eliza Galos
Eliza holds an MSc in Migration Studies from the Oxford University. She is involved in a FPWP/Hibiscus programme that offers emotional support to foreign prisoners, including those from the Roma community. She has conducted research on irregular migration and human trafficking for a major EU project. Previously, she interned with the Romanian Embassies in London and Rome.
Yet another reason why student fees should be increased :mrgreen:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:14 pm

Vote Cameron, get Theresa May :shock: