Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote: I'm sorry to disappoint.
You haven't. You can't....because I'm pissed
Fixed that for you :grin:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:16 pm

Arresting somebody who Googles "bomb making for idiots" and then orders 8 tonnes of fertiliser off Amazon does not make MI5 James Bond nor does it justify giving in when the secret services ask for the powers they necessarily must ask for.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:54 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote: I'm sorry to disappoint.
You haven't. You can't....because I'm pissed
Fixed that for you :grin:
Brilliant.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:05 pm

fecking Guardian beta pages!!!! Looks like a fecking escapee from Face fecking book :twisted: Knobs do they want all the not rights that use that shite site updating their status to going for a dump!!! in guardian comments? fecking tools!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:03 am

Ferguson (not the red nose type)

Justice is not justice unless it's our justice!

Even I gave up after he Jordan nut job walked away free from the court over there. (I suspect he'll crop up again but that's for later).

The rioters and looters should be shot on sight, protest is fine but the criminal element needs eradicating.

ISIS will be pissing its self watching the US fall apart and no doubt using it to convince more believers their way is the right way.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:40 am

By Jordan "nut job", do you mean Johnson? Or should we just randomly shoot both Jordan's and Johnson's, until we think we've probably got the right one?

Perhaps we could profile likely "ISIS believers" in the US and just shoot them now? That would give us a head start.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:46 am

Worthy4England wrote:By Jordan "nut job", do you mean Johnson? Or should we just randomly shoot both Jordan's and Johnson's, until we think we've probably got the right one?

Perhaps we could profile likely "ISIS believers" in the US and just shoot them now? That would give us a head start.
No Abu whatsit!

and the other guy wasn't randomly shot, he refused to carry out orders from an armed cop, his own fault, seems he had a large chip on his large shoulders!

I totally stand by rioters and looters should be shot on sight, scum of the earth.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:49 pm

Hoboh wrote:
ISIS will be pissing its self watching the US fall apart and no doubt using it to convince more believers their way is the right way.
No doubt by demonstrating they can lay waste to cities and kill indiscriminately far more effectively?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:46 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
No doubt by demonstrating they can lay waste to cities and kill indiscriminately far more effectively?
Why bother, LK?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:30 pm

Just been informed by Virgin that my bill is going up by £3-64 per month as of Feb 2015. Nice one Richard... :evil: I'll be looking around....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:46 pm

12p a day, the bastard!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:51 am

Lord Kangana wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
No by pointing out that the 'great Satan' treats its own people like shit and they revolt, so the way of the brotherhood is the only way forward.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:26 am

beyond/behind the bloodthirsty and brutal acts of terror that often accompany it, a critique of "The West" and how successful it is at building society/community/peace/wellbeing/quality of life isn't a bad thing... to say "look at America, do we really want to live our lives like that?", or "is that REALLY the right/best/healthiest/most equitable way to live?" is, I think, a very useful critique to make...

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:07 pm

thebish wrote:beyond/behind the bloodthirsty and brutal acts of terror that often accompany it, a critique of "The West" and how successful it is at building society/community/peace/wellbeing/quality of life isn't a bad thing... to say "look at America, do we really want to live our lives like that?", or "is that REALLY the right/best/healthiest/most equitable way to live?" is, I think, a very useful critique to make...
It is if it leads to change, otherwise it's just pointless rhetoric Shirley?
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:13 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
thebish wrote:beyond/behind the bloodthirsty and brutal acts of terror that often accompany it, a critique of "The West" and how successful it is at building society/community/peace/wellbeing/quality of life isn't a bad thing... to say "look at America, do we really want to live our lives like that?", or "is that REALLY the right/best/healthiest/most equitable way to live?" is, I think, a very useful critique to make...
It is if it leads to change, otherwise it's just pointless rhetoric Shirley?
matter of opinion... I don't think we should NOT point stuff out because we don't think it will lead to obvious/immediate change...

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:00 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
No by pointing out that the 'great Satan' treats its own people like shit and they revolt, so the way of the brotherhood is the only way forward.
This is simply nonsense on so many fronts that I shall look at only one - the Rule of Law. The US has the Rule of Law, while ISIS wouldn't recognize it if it jumped up in the middle of the night and shouted "Boo!" ISIS kills thousands - a few journalists and aid workers, but mostly poor people in the cities they occupy. In Ferguson an unarmed Black was killed by a White policeman. How does the Rule of Law come in?

1. America has a Grand Jury system to consider whether an alleged offense should be prosecuted.
2. The Grand Jury has a permanent status and these member were selected long before this incident.
3. 25% of this Grand Jury were Black - over-representation since only 12% of Missouri is Black.
4. The Grand Jury considered a huge amount of testimony not available to us at the time the riots kicked off.
5. The Grand Jury ultimately concluded no criminal charges should be made.

Should we condemn a society because of this incident? The victim clearly acted in an aggressive way as opposed, for example, to a perfectly innocent Brazilian trying to catch a tube. Would any sane individual prefer to live in an ISIS controlled area because of this incident?

Please don't get me wrong. I have had many opportunities to work in the US but preferred Canada (despite the climate). All societies have social problems, but these seem more acute in the US. There is not only a wealth gap, but the poor are predominantly racial minorities. These issues do get addressed but it is a glacially slow process. Compared to the inner city problems all over the US, the Ferguson incident seems relatively trivial other than an excuse to riot. American society can be criticized, though I'm not sure the UK should throw the first stone. Yet to suggest that people might think the brotherhood the way forward seems bereft of sense.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:08 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
This is simply nonsense on so many fronts that I shall look at only one - the Rule of Law. The US has the Rule of Law, while ISIS wouldn't recognize it if it jumped up in the middle of the night and shouted "Boo!" ISIS kills thousands - a few journalists and aid workers, but mostly poor people in the cities they occupy. In Ferguson an unarmed Black was killed by a White policeman. How does the Rule of Law come in?

1. America has a Grand Jury system to consider whether an alleged offense should be prosecuted.
2. The Grand Jury has a permanent status and these member were selected long before this incident.
3. 25% of this Grand Jury were Black - over-representation since only 12% of Missouri is Black.
4. The Grand Jury considered a huge amount of testimony not available to us at the time the riots kicked off.

Should we condemn a society because of this incident? The victim clearly acted in an aggressive way as opposed, for example, to a perfectly innocent Brazilian trying to catch a tube. Would any sane individual prefer to live in an ISIS controlled area because of this incident?

Please don't get me wrong. I have had many opportunities to work in the US but preferred Canada (despite the climate). All societies have social problems, but these seem more acute in the US. There is not only a wealth gap, but the poor are predominantly racial minorities. These issues do get addressed but it is a glacially slow process. Compared to the inner city problems all over the US, the Ferguson incident seems relatively trivial other than an excuse to riot. American society can be criticized, though I'm not sure the UK should throw the first stone. Yet to suggest that people might think the brotherhood the way forward seems bereft of sense.
How anybody could assess a hoboh post in this way is absolutely beyond me. Apologise immediately, Canadian besmircher of a fine upstanding citizen of our sceptred isle.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:51 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Oh dear!
In the world of PR and to the simple morons that seem to view ISIS as the answer to all ills any unrest in the US is like manor from heaven in the recruitment drive. I would have thought that easy to comprehend.
On the specific case the US cop policy to use lethal force as an immediate response leaves this type of event open to be hijacked by certain groups with their own agenda, I mean the US invented Tasers didn't they? Having said that I would issue a ten minute warning to rioters and looters to leave the streets or face live ammo, there is no place in modern society for these cretins.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:00 pm

Hoboh wrote:Having said that I would issue a ten minute warning to rioters and looters to leave the streets or face live ammo, there is no place in modern society for these cretins.
I'm sure the Taliban would agree with you - but they might think you're a bit of a bleeding-heart liberal for insisting on a warning...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:17 pm

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:Having said that I would issue a ten minute warning to rioters and looters to leave the streets or face live ammo, there is no place in modern society for these cretins.
I'm sure the Taliban would agree with you - but they might think you're a bit of a bleeding-heart liberal for insisting on a warning...
Bish just answer this
Why the hell should we put at risk of death or serious injury the police, fireman, ambulance crews, the general public because some tosser wants a new pair of trainers or get a kick out of bricking windows or torching shops?

You want to sit in a road for a while to make a point, inconvenient but fine, any of the above? waste them.