Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Hoboh » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:57 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Hoboh wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015 ... cord-level
The latest rise in net migration has been mainly driven by a continuing rise in those coming to work in Britain who account for 65,000 of the increase with nearly two-thirds already having a job to come to. It includes a near doubling in the number of Romanians and Bulgarians coming to Britain from 28,000 to 53,000 in the last 12 months.
Plainly, they didn't like the idea of being spotted on the famous buses but still managed to get here!
Immigration minister James Brokenshire describes 94,000 annual rise in overall net migration as ‘deeply disappointing’
WTF do you expect when your Prime minister is suckling on the teats of Merkel? Grow a pair and introduce a proper controlled immigration scheme and toss illegals back!
Why the particular focus on Romanians and Bulgarians, hobo?
Simply because they are the latest people trying to emulate the Polish, all buggering off, leaving their countries short of people and thus needing greater resources from the EU!
Of course there is he greater pressure put upon the services of the countries to which they migrate, but we don't get extra funding to cope with it, merely the bill.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:34 pm

Hoboh wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:
The latest rise in net migration has been mainly driven by a continuing rise in those coming to work in Britain who account for 65,000 of the increase with nearly two-thirds already having a job to come to. It includes a near doubling in the number of Romanians and Bulgarians coming to Britain from 28,000 to 53,000 in the last 12 months.
Plainly, they didn't like the idea of being spotted on the famous buses but still managed to get here!
Immigration minister James Brokenshire describes 94,000 annual rise in overall net migration as ‘deeply disappointing’
WTF do you expect when your Prime minister is suckling on the teats of Merkel? Grow a pair and introduce a proper controlled immigration scheme and toss illegals back!
Simply because they are the latest people trying to emulate the Polish, all buggering off, leaving their countries short of people and thus needing greater resources from the EU!
Of course there is he greater pressure put upon the services of the countries to which they migrate, but we don't get extra funding to cope with it, merely the bill.
Ironic really. America, Canada, Australia, etc. were originally built by British people buggering off as you put. The British origin immigrants were, of course, later joined by Poles, Rumanians, Bulgarians, - well you name it. In Canada our stats have historically indicated that immigrants are a net contributor to the country in terms of the economy. I don't think this has changed. When I emigrated I don't think I left Bolton too short of people...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:57 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:
Ironic really. America, Canada, Australia, etc. were originally built by British people buggering off as you put. The British origin immigrants were, of course, later joined by Poles, Rumanians, Bulgarians, - well you name it. In Canada our stats have historically indicated that immigrants are a net contributor to the country in terms of the economy. I don't think this has changed. When I emigrated I don't think I left Bolton too short of people...
No danger of 1,000,000 upping sticks and moving over there in the near future given just how difficult emigrating to Canada is, is there Monty?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:24 am

The US debate about gun control continues while mass shooting continue and stories of atrocities even reach these shores on a monthly basis.

Meanwhile a new "idea" comes forward. Will this be added to the list of "arms" that people claim the right to carry ??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34131334" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:04 pm

bobo the clown wrote:The US debate about gun control continues while mass shooting continue and stories of atrocities even reach these shores on a monthly basis.

Meanwhile a new "idea" comes forward. Will this be added to the list of "arms" that people claim the right to carry ??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34131334" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You just never know when you might need to set fire to someone. In self-defence of course....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:07 am

Getting redirected to the App store on my iphone when i use the Bolton News site. As a result, if I ever take up gambling, I will never use William Hill. Even if it's not their fault.

This tweet sums it up nicely....

¯\_(⊙︿⊙)_/¯ @HelenKennedy

Hello. Are you a publisher who uses those popup ads that redirect to the app store? You should be ripped apart by feral hogs. Good morning.
3:13 PM - 14 Mar 2015

49 49 Retweets

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:21 pm

Today, the ex Bishop of Lewes has finally been convicted of sex crimes against young boys. It is clear from the evidence that the then head of the C of E colluded with senior Police officers to deny justice for the victims. Moreover, despite his crimes, he was given free board and lodging by Prince Charles and allowed to continue to officiate.

Just how deep does this go??
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:52 pm

I find asking someone what they think about Charlie Hebdo a pretty good proxy for an IQ test.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:22 am

Prufrock wrote:I find asking someone what they think about Charlie Hebdo a pretty good proxy for an IQ test.
So what do you think about Charlie H., Pru?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:10 am

Ha, I asked for that!

It's a litmus test for critical thinking, the Salman Rushdie of our day. The sort of issue that seems complicated with two different sides making strong points about important issues but where one of those arguments unravels if you do even the slightest bit of research. It shows up people who are willing to commit themselves to a certain viewpoint wholeheartedly without knowing the context, sometimes willfully so. There was a guy on telly in January who slagged them off as racist, starting his speech with "I haven't seen the cartoons but..". Shows up the people who once you know what they think on one issue you can predict what they think on absolutely everything else.

That's not to put people who find them distasteful in the same boat mind, that's fair game, but anyone who parrots the line about racism or Islamophobia or suggests they brought it on themselves is morally and intellectually deficient. Or so my IQ test says :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:23 am

And how does that translate to a numerical intelligence measurement? It doesn't - it simply means that you've formed an opinion of someone, it has feck all to do with as person's IQ.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:27 am

Erm, I wasn't actually putting it forward as a proxy for an IQ test. Practically it just wouldn't work. There'd only be two scores. No sort of bell-curve or gradient. Either right or wrong. You're right. It was silly of me.

IQ tests are bollocks anyway btw (and this isn't bitterness, the test reckons I'm dead clever, draw your own conclusions from that!), and have been discredited for decades. So the worse a test it is, the better a proxy it is.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:37 am

Another proxy is whether you take advice on anti-virus from people on the internet :D!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:46 am

Prufrock wrote:Another proxy is whether you take advice on anti-virus from people on the internet :D!
Only from the omniscient. ;)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:04 pm

"So I tried to explain to him that although he thought himself wise, he really was not. But all that happened was that he came to hate me. And so did many of his supporters who overheard us. So I left him, thinking to myself as I left that although neither of us really knew anything about what is noble and good, still I was better off. For he knows nothing, and thinks that he knows, while I neither know nor think that I know. And in this I think I have a slight advantage."

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:25 am

Hotel I'm staying in. Generally full of business types, but has a "bier Keller" for the weekend crew. Apparently they couldn't understand why I was at all miffed at the music rattling the old double glazing in my room from the disco last night. Manager has gone into hiding. But I'll catch the fcker sooner or later.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:04 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Hotel I'm staying in. Generally full of business types, but has a "bier Keller" for the weekend crew. Apparently they couldn't understand why I was at all miffed at the music rattling the old double glazing in my room from the disco last night. Manager has gone into hiding. But I'll catch the fcker sooner or later.
Last time anything similar to me happened like that was in a hotel in Glasgow where I'd been placed in a room next to the heavy duty lift equipment - every time the fxckin lift started up a massive thump shook the room. After trying in vain to get a room transfer from the night shift, I finally resolved the problem by wedging the lift doors open at the top floor next to my room with a lump of re-bar I'd found in the street.

In your case I'd reckon a stealthily inserted screwdriver (with hand heavily insulated of course) into a downstairs socket or light fitting should'a done the trick...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:28 pm

I remember once being booked into a hotel on Jesmond Road in Newcastle. I'd arrived late having just driven up from Hull only to find a party in full swing. When I enquired as to WTF was going on I was informed that it was Student Night and it was on until 02:00.

Never again!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:07 pm

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:24 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Image
Yeah, c*nts. Paying for chips with a cheque!