Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:02 pm

At Annandale Water Service Station, Macdonalds, queued for 14 minutes to discover I'm in a queue to collect the food that I haven't yet ordered, and I have to join a parallel queue that's just as long to then go back to the queue I've just reached the head of. F**k that for a game of soldiers.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:03 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:02 pm
At Annandale Water Service Station, Macdonalds, queued for 14 minutes to discover I'm in a queue to collect the food that I haven't yet ordered, and I have to join a parallel queue that's just as long to then go back to the queue I've just reached the head of. F**k that for a game of soldiers.
Well you only have yourself to blame. Had you asked then I'd have recommended The Buccleuch Arms Hotel in Moffat. I'd also have recommended 18 holes at Moffat GC too. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:03 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Well you only have yourself to blame. Had you asked then I'd have recommended The Buccleuch Arms Hotel in Moffat. I'd also have recommended 18 holes at Moffat GC too. ;)
I'll remember that for next time. I'll have to look up where Moffat is though. Sometimes I call into Ecclefechan hotel, and see Mr Sergent (he used to run the pub at Flash Bar), but I was trying to push on and stupidly thought that fast food would be, well... Fast.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:24 pm

... Here we go again. Last leg. 2 1/2 hours should see me home. Burgerless and whatever they serve in the Bucclegh Armsless, but home nonetheless.
PS got chips at that place near Shap :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:31 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:09 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
I'll remember that for next time. I'll have to look up where Moffat is though. Sometimes I call into Ecclefechan hotel, and see Mr Sergent (he used to run the pub at Flash Bar), but I was trying to push on and stupidly thought that fast food would be, well... Fast.
I looked it up for you. Next exit North and about a kilometer from the motorway to the east. The hotel is right on the A 701 in the middle of town.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:29 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

I can understand that. The former Mrs Rioja and I always used to call in at the Jonstonebridge Little Chef on the way back down from her sister's, which was demolished when they widened the road and created Annandale Water Service Station as its replacement, so I'm equally as guilty.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:43 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:31 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
I looked it up for you. Next exit North and about a kilometer from the motorway to the east. The hotel is right on the A 701 in the middle of town.
Thanks. I will try it next trip to Scotland (~April time). Just left M6, about 85 minutes to go. I shall defo get back to make last orders which will cheer me up.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:46 pm

Fireworks.....they used to be for Bonfire night...now, every xxxxing night. Dog goes bananas all evening long till after midnight. Crazy.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:13 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:46 pm
Fireworks.....they used to be for Bonfire night...now, every xxxxing night. Dog goes bananas all evening long till after midnight. Crazy.
It's fxcking shite. This is where the Law should be imposed to stop what is basically bullying/anti-social action/terrorism. There is no need for this shit. It should be controlled.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:39 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:13 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
It's fxcking shite. This is where the Law should be imposed to stop what is basically bullying/anti-social action/terrorism. There is no need for this shit. It should be controlled.
It is controlled to an extent. Setting off after 11pm is illegal (other than actual Bonfire night, and religious festivals).

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:39 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
It is controlled to an extent. Setting off after 11pm is illegal (other than actual Bonfire night, and religious festivals).
I'm doubting that this is ever enforced though.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Try ringing 101 and see what kind of response you get from the telephone operators. I know of two people who complained of seperate instances of fireworks going off after midnight at known locations and the response was basically "there's nothing we can do about it" in the first instance, and "why are you wasting our time?" in the second.
It should be illegal to let off a firework without a licence, and only organised displays should be licensed with a cap on the number and duration of events in any one area. Every f*ckin' Saturday around here from the 9th September there have been at least three firework parties and events going off. That's NINE feckin' weeks, and no doubt there'll be some on the weekend after bonfire night as well.
- this is a quote from one of the organisers: "During the 8-week season Matlock Bath Venetian Boat Builders' Association decorate themed models with an array of coloured lights. The models are mounted on rowing boats and paraded on the River Derwent each Saturday (7.45pm and 9.15pm) and Sunday (7.30pm) in Derwent Gardens, giving a unique and illuminous display. The boats can only be viewed on admission into the gardens.
There are fantastic firework displays on Saturday evenings, which light up the skies around Matlock Bath in multi-colours. The firework displays begin at 9pm with the best viewing positions being in the Bandstand area of Derwent Gardens."
( http://www.derbyshiredales.gov.uk/thing ... uminations ).
If only it was just lighting up the skies, but its not, its explosions, bangs, fizzes and rumbles, some loud enough to be heard in neighbouring counties, sounding more like the bombardment before the Somme every feckin' year.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:51 pm

Where I used to live there was this family of scruffy c*nts further down the street who must've spent an absolute fortunes on fireworks every year for no other reason than to be as antisocial as possible.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:51 pm
Where I used to live there was this family of scruffy c*nts further down the street who must've spent an absolute fortunes on fireworks every year for no other reason than to be as antisocial as possible.
There's one particular scroat in a neighbouring village who goes to the firework shop (when it's open in the season) and buys boxes of the stuff and then distributes them to his kids like sweets. No supervision, just here you go kiddies have a firework, (let it off when and where you want, ha ha).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:09 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:38 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Try ringing 101 and see what kind of response you get from the telephone operators. I know of two people who complained of seperate instances of fireworks going off after midnight at known locations and the response was basically "there's nothing we can do about it" in the first instance, and "why are you wasting our time?" in the second.
It should be illegal to let off a firework without a licence, and only organised displays should be licensed with a cap on the number and duration of events in any one area. Every f*ckin' Saturday around here from the 9th September there have been at least three firework parties and events going off. That's NINE feckin' weeks, and no doubt there'll be some on the weekend after bonfire night as well.
- this is a quote from one of the organisers: "During the 8-week season Matlock Bath Venetian Boat Builders' Association decorate themed models with an array of coloured lights. The models are mounted on rowing boats and paraded on the River Derwent each Saturday (7.45pm and 9.15pm) and Sunday (7.30pm) in Derwent Gardens, giving a unique and illuminous display. The boats can only be viewed on admission into the gardens.
There are fantastic firework displays on Saturday evenings, which light up the skies around Matlock Bath in multi-colours. The firework displays begin at 9pm with the best viewing positions being in the Bandstand area of Derwent Gardens."
( http://www.derbyshiredales.gov.uk/thing ... uminations ).
If only it was just lighting up the skies, but its not, its explosions, bangs, fizzes and rumbles, some loud enough to be heard in neighbouring counties, sounding more like the bombardment before the Somme every feckin' year.
You'll get no argument from me. I'm entirely in agreement.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:51 pm
I think they moved to Farnworth, originally not too far from us. They got moved out for that very same unsocialibilty. :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:09 pm

On a similar money-wasting theme; our local convenience store had enough Halloween stuff left this morning to stock two supermarkets, including a huge box of pumpkins. Mind you, the store chain will probably accuse the store of not trying hard enough to sell, rather then admit they mistook it for Asda. :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:21 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
:lol: Does it stipulate "Including Farnworth"? ..Only I don't think they, along with traffic controllers and various other "authorities" here have actually been notified yet. Controlled? Yeah, right.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:33 am

Managed to keep the fcuking halloweeners away, the lock on the gate and the dangerous I live here dog sign meant a blissful tea time. :D
I imagine a few 'mothers' probably melted at that but I don't give a shit! This country goes to the dogs more everyday, what next, best friend on Faceachebook day?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:12 pm

We don't have any Halloweeners. I don't know why, but we've not had a single instance of kiddies/teens a'calling ever. The local pubs on the other hand seem to be in a race for the most garish decoration which intensifies each year. One of them even had a tableux with three witches around a 'boiling' cauldron ( filled with dry ice), every surface covered in black crepe, and artificial cobwebs in every corner - it was like being on a film set.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください