Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:00 pm

Not angry, that's pointless (in every sense), just frustrated and annoyed as any sport follower is. Last night we lose the 1.D.I at cricket on a duff refreeing decision after having had it comfortably won, today Bolton lose to a freak goal after almost having a point, and then, worse than all, England lose to THE WELSH..... at rugby after being comfortably in front. Not the best sporting day ever.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:30 am

Today I am still fuming from the events of last Tuesday. It was a medical appointment. The reason for that meeting was to have a doctor complete a form to clear me to renew my driving licence. Both he and I know that I drink too much alcoholic stuff. He began by circling the subject to the point that it was obvious that he was girding his loins to impart to me the bad news. I didn't mind too much when he mentioned consulting services and the like, but when he brought up the subject of interlocks in vehicles I had to counsel myself to keep calm. I smiled at him instead and tried to make it as difficult for him to keep going as it was for me to keep my temper. When he had finished I said to him, in manner serious - not anger, "I never, ever, drive after drinking".

I was once charged for exceeding the PCI for which I received a 12-month good behaviour bond from the kind magistrate. It is the only mark against me in my police driving records which began with my first driving licence back in about 1962. I went out the following day and bought a rather expensive breath testing machine and, if I am in the slightest doubt, which is every time I drive as that experience turned me into a paranoid , I check the readings.

Talk about 'nanny states' and 'big brother'! What right has a doctor to assume that a patient is stupid enough to drive whilst under the influence of alcohol without any evidence to support it? :crazy:

I'll shut up now.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:52 am

Dujon wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:30 am
Today I am still fuming from the events of last Tuesday. It was a medical appointment. The reason for that meeting was to have a doctor complete a form to clear me to renew my driving licence. Both he and I know that I drink too much alcoholic stuff. He began by circling the subject to the point that it was obvious that he was girding his loins to impart to me the bad news. I didn't mind too much when he mentioned consulting services and the like, but when he brought up the subject of interlocks in vehicles I had to counsel myself to keep calm. I smiled at him instead and tried to make it as difficult for him to keep going as it was for me to keep my temper. When he had finished I said to him, in manner serious - not anger, "I never, ever, drive after drinking".

I was once charged for exceeding the PCI for which I received a 12-month good behaviour bond from the kind magistrate. It is the only mark against me in my police driving records which began with my first driving licence back in about 1962. I went out the following day and bought a rather expensive breath testing machine and, if I am in the slightest doubt, which is every time I drive as that experience turned me into a paranoid , I check the readings.

Talk about 'nanny states' and 'big brother'! What right has a doctor to assume that a patient is stupid enough to drive whilst under the influence of alcohol without any evidence to support it? :crazy:

I'll shut up now.
I just got a government form for the same purpose, Dujon. Fortunately my doctor has never inquired about my drinking habits. He has suggested I give up sugar and salt, but never beer. So no trouble with the form. However, I have to get a second filled in by an optometrist. This may be trickier as my 20/20 says are over though I don't yet wear glasses except for reading. How does your doctor know the amount you imbibe? Small down with just one bar?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:48 am

This moo moo or mo mo or whatever that so called stupid looking work of art hijacked by idiots to frighten kids is.
My five yr old cut her hair off because it told her so etc. etc. Well look what the fook was your 5yr old doing unsupervised on WhatsApp? Does she not know to get mummy when something's not right. Or was 'mummy' busy elsewhere?
It's not right what these planks are up to nor is it right to plonk your kids alone on social media for peace and quiet, you are responsible for their welfare and not doing a bloody good job either it seems.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:56 am

Hoboh wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:48 am
This moo moo or mo mo or whatever that so called stupid looking work of art hijacked by idiots to frighten kids is.
My five yr old cut her hair off because it told her so etc. etc. Well look what the fook was your 5yr old doing unsupervised on WhatsApp? Does she not know to get mummy when something's not right. Or was 'mummy' busy elsewhere?
It's not right what these planks are up to nor is it right to plonk your kids alone on social media for peace and quiet, you are responsible for their welfare and not doing a bloody good job either it seems.
Its popping up on youtube kids app isn't it? Also the reality of the world now is that kids have access to all sorts of devices - it isn't practical to watch every single thing they do - and that is what parental controls and kids apps are for. But I've heard this thing is getting around that. And appearing in the middle of normal videos etc....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:16 pm

It's a hoax that's driving grandaddy spare all over the world.
It doesn't exist. Neither in the real world for five year olds; nor as a meme designed to distress parents and grandparents.
Get a grip folks.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:25 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:16 pm
It doesn't exist. Neither in the real world for five year olds; nor as a meme designed to distress parents and grandparents.
Get a grip folks.
Well that is good to know! Ta.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:25 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Get a grip folks.
Quite alright pal!
Read this and weep...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/technology-47393510
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:34 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:46 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:25 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Get a grip folks.
Quite alright pal!
Read this and weep...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/technology-47393510
It's akin to watching 5000 years of development spiralling down the plughole.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:00 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:52 am

I just got a government form for the same purpose, Dujon. Fortunately my doctor has never inquired about my drinking habits. He has suggested I give up sugar and salt, but never beer. So no trouble with the form. However, I have to get a second filled in by an optometrist. This may be trickier as my 20/20 says are over though I don't yet wear glasses except for reading. How does your doctor know the amount you imbibe? Small down with just one bar?
I've always been honest with him, Monty; perhaps too honest.

A few years ago I wore bifocals (reading/distance) which worked quite well. Nevertheless age caught up with me and I developed cataracts. This prompted my optometrist to refer me to an ophthalmologist. The end result of that consultation was my having both eyes (a month apart) being operated on to remove the cataracts and, as a relatively cheap bonus, new lenses inserted. I can now read readily the second bottom row of the chart and now need only reading glasses. The difference is almost a biblical revelation. Colours are once again vivid and the 'view' is sharp. It wasn't cheap, Monty, but I have not regretted the AUD1300 per eye that it cost me after insurance rebates. You will have to work out your cost/benefit ratio yourself.

Regards, as usual,
John

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:38 pm

Walked dog, came home to find missus can't park coz holiday cottager has parked in front of our garage. Taken me ten minutes to root out which 'neighbour' is responsible ... Given top toff totty five more minutes before I ring nearby farmer to bring her tractor down to drag offending car onto highway.
Just what you don't want on a fxcking Sunday afternoon.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:06 pm

...and you don't even have your public charging point yet!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:57 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:38 pm
Walked dog, came home to find missus can't park coz holiday cottager has parked in front of our garage. Taken me ten minutes to root out which 'neighbour' is responsible ... Given top toff totty five more minutes before I ring nearby farmer to bring her tractor down to drag offending car onto highway.
Ah, village life - so neighbourly. Spending time to find the guilty party. In the city we just call the cops to tow it and ticket it.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:36 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:57 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Ah, village life - so neighbourly. Spending time to find the guilty party. In the city we just call the cops to tow it and ticket it.
:lol:
In the end she moved the car, about four minutes after I threatened tractor. Phil turned up with tractor ten minutes later anyway and decided to "park" it overnight blocking access to holidaymakers new 'offroad' and still tresspassing, parking spot.
Top Toff Totty & Hubby not having a good holiday as of this afternoon. Apparently they've called the cops... nearly twenty hours ago now :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:54 pm

My dog has just told me she is self-identifying as a wolf. She wants to be known as Lupus from now on. She is talking to next door's basset hound about forming a pack. But the basset wants them to hunt organic fed rabbits only. But Lilly, sorry Lupus, wants to go fully vegan. They can dig up carrots, she says optimistically...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:56 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:36 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:57 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
In the end she moved the car, about four minutes after I threatened tractor. Phil turned up with tractor ten minutes later anyway and decided to "park" it overnight blocking access to holidaymakers new 'offroad' and still tresspassing, parking spot.
Top Toff Totty & Hubby not having a good holiday as of this afternoon. Apparently they've called the cops... nearly twenty hours ago now :D
Update. Cops came round. Asked me three questions. Cops left.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:58 pm

What did your dog say?

Wolf! ..Wolf! .........Wolf!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:17 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:58 pm
What did your dog say?

Wolf! ..Wolf! .........Wolf!
It's almost like you were there, recording it, officer Enoch!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:14 am

Not angry but both irritated and amused. Anyone see the story of the lass asked to cover up before her flight? She was wearing a bikini type top.

Her reaction to the flight crew asking her to put a jacket on? "I was shaking I was so upset" (before tweeting her upset obviously) & then demanding the crew take action against a male passenger (Hoboh?) who'd told her to "Put a jacket on you stupid cow!"

"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:57 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:14 am
Not angry but both irritated and amused. Anyone see the story of the lass asked to cover up before her flight? She was wearing a bikini type top.

Her reaction to the flight crew asking her to put a jacket on? "I was shaking I was so upset" (before tweeting her upset obviously) & then demanding the crew take action against a male passenger (Hoboh?) who'd told her to "Put a jacket on you stupid cow!"

It's her human right to be a stupid cow.